PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos - Should I go Nurgle or Tzeentch?

English 2000
01-04-2009, 03:50
Hi Guys,
I've got a bunch of Chaos Models kicking around and am thinking of doing up a WoC list.

I'm torn between Tzeentch and Nurgle, I want to do a themed list with one patron god, though I will be using some unmarked units. Also, I won't be restricting my magic item selection to one god (I'm not that much of a die hard purist).

I will be including one, possibly 2 units of Chaos Warriors - I don't care how rubbish people say they are, they look awesome!

If Nurgle, 2 small units of knights.
If Tzeentch a larger unit of knights with the Blasted Standard.

What do you think is the more viable list?
What suggestions do you have for building the list?
Thanks

Infectum
01-04-2009, 04:01
I'm currently working on a nurgle themed army, and i have to say the most destructive thing i have by far is my Knights with the banner of rage. 5 guys with a full command, the banner and mark is 315, but easily makes that back.

Emeraldw
01-04-2009, 04:20
Will you be allowing different marks? As some have stated, like items, they are just names. If you are however going to rely only on a single mark, then from a gaming standpoint I would say nurgle is better.

From a painting standpoint I like the look of Tzeentch better.

English 2000
01-04-2009, 04:22
1 mark only, but not everything will get a mark (for example 6+ ward on marauder horsemen would be silly)

Emeraldw
01-04-2009, 04:35
1 mark only, but not everything will get a mark (for example 6+ ward on marauder horsemen would be silly)

Well honestly a 6+ ward on anything but knights (who might benefit from a chance to save against warmachines) isn't worth it.

If you are staying only one mark, I'll let some others comment. I don't play WoC but I play against them. Nurgle is tougher in combat with -1 WS and -1 BS when being shot and I feel that is the better gaming mark, but I think if you play Tzeentch (and like his look) then you could claim it is the mark of Tzeentch and him protecting his minons by bending fate.

It is up to you how to perform it though.

W0lf
01-04-2009, 12:01
Tzeentch.

Both marks make you more resiliant and now nurgle got FAQed Tzeentch is the better mark.

They are too close to call so go for the fluff you like best. Tzeentch is and always will be my fav God.

O&G'sRule
01-04-2009, 12:27
Do them as undivided they you can use them as either

Necromancy Black
01-04-2009, 12:56
Tzeentch warriors with that banner that gives you a 4+ ward save against anything in the shooting phase. Gotta love 3+ ward saves!

Also if you take a war shrine there's every chance of makign them stubborn with a 4+ (goes to 3+) ward save.

Keller
01-04-2009, 13:05
I've always prefered Nurgle when it comes to Chaos. I don't play them, though.

Lord Khabal
01-04-2009, 13:13
Yeah! a 1/36 chance!!! (thats 2,8% chance!)
Go with magic heavy, since both builds are viable this way.

For me, its tzeentch all the way.

English 2000
02-04-2009, 01:03
Tzeentch.

Both marks make you more resiliant and now nurgle got FAQed Tzeentch is the better mark.

They are too close to call so go for the fluff you like best. Tzeentch is and always will be my fav God.

Does it really make that much difference? Having never played WoC with the new book I don't really know - on paper though:

Shooting -1 to hit becoming -1 BS has the same effect except for really high BS characters at close range that haven't moved.

Hand to Hand - instead of -1 WS when in base to base, it is -1 ws when trying to hit the marked model.

Really that only comes into play if you have 2 units involved and they decide to attack the non-nurgle unit, will be a minimal # of models.

Also when you have a nurgle character in a non-nurgle unit - odds are you're in a challenge anyway. If not they're choosing to kill rank and file instead of your character...not always a bad thing.

Edit: I just realized that the -1 only kicks in when attacking the Nurglite....not when being attacked....that does kinda sting, but even so warriors and up are WS5 so most enemies will be hit on a 3+ regardless.

popisdead
09-04-2009, 23:42
with T6 and a high enough WS what would Nurgle give you????

Tzeentch all the way, you're worried about loosing wounds on masse. it's never meant to be in combat.