PDA

View Full Version : Forest Spirit-themed lists

Apologist
01-04-2009, 11:30
Not Beasts of Chaos, but there doesn't seem to be a wood elf option! :p

I'm a complete beginner to this edition of Warhammer (last played third edition), so apologies if it's more than a little ramshackle.

I'm going for a forest spirit theme, so here are my self-imposed restrictions:
1) Everything must have the forest spirit special rule,
2) No magic items/armour/weapons etc: spites only.

Theme is more important than any other considerations for this army, but I'd appreciate any ideas you have, bearing in mind the restrictions. I'll be playing Empire, tomb kings, skaven, lizardmen and goblins.

1000pts
Hero: 210pts
Ghillie Dubh, the Jack-in-the-Woods
(counts as Wood Elf Noble of Wild Rider Kindred)
Great Stag, spear, light armour; a murder of spites and a resplendence of luminescents.

Heroine: 260pts
Siwan Siani
(Spellsinger of Glamourweave kindred)
Level 2 Wizard on Unicorn; a cluster of radiants and a murder of spites.

Core: 132pts
10 dryads, one is a nymph

Core: 108pts
8 dryads, one is a nymph

8 dryads, one is a nymph

Special: 182pts
7 Hamadryads (count as Wild Riders of Kurnous), musician

+++

2000pts:
Hero: 210pts
Ghillie Dubh, the Jack-in-the-Woods
(counts as Wood Elf Noble of Wild Rider Kindred makes him a forest spirit)
Great Stag, spear, light armour; a murder of spites and a resplendence of luminescents

Heroine: 260pts
Siwan Siani
(Spellsinger of Glamourweave kindred makes her a forest spirit)
Level 2 Wizard on Unicorn; a cluster of radiants and a murder of spites.

Heroine: 140pts
Branchwraith, level 1 wizard with a cluster of radiants

Core: 120pts
9 dryads, one is a nymph (Branchwraith joins this unit)

8 dryads, one is a nymph

Special: 218pts
7 Hamadryads (count as Wild Riders of Kurnous), musician, standard, one is a Wild Hunter

Special: 218pts
7 Hamadryads, musician, standard, one is a Wild Hunter

Special: 166pts
5 Hamadryads, musician, standard, one is a Wild Hunter

Rare: 285pts
Treeman

dijit80
01-04-2009, 11:45
I'm just wondering about the uneven numbers in the units, i'd consider evening them out, maybe dropping the last unit of dyads and wild riders to do it, and if you can get a second treeman. the spellsinger unfortunately can't have a cluster of radiants. At the moment you have 5PD and 5 DD, 5DD is ok, but 5PD isn't likely to get you anywhere. As Dryads are skirmishers you can get away with smaller units of them, 8 is fine, they can take a few casualties and still get 6/7 in combat which is all they can have anyway.

Wolf 11x
01-04-2009, 13:50
Way to little magic. In my list I'm currently building (actually gluing Dryads as we speak), I have 6 PD, 4 Bound Treesinging attempts, and 7 Dispel Dice. It looks like you have 5 Power Dice, 1 Bound Treesinging attempt, and 5 Dispel Dice.

Also, I think it might be too many Wild Riders. Why take so many Nymphs? One for the Branchwraith, maybe. How do you intend to keep your mage safe?

I do like the idea of a Great Stag riding Noble though, very unique.

++Edit++

Your characters Spites are illegal. Wood Elf characters (Highborns, Nobles, Spellweavers, & Spellsingers) can only have one spite per character. Only Branchwraiths and Treemen Ancients can have multiple Spites. Also, you get one type of each spite per army. You cannot have Murder of Spites on each character. Why not put Cluster on your Branchwraith (she will be safer) and give your mage some Arcane items.

craskie666
01-04-2009, 14:25
with this army i would take the treman as as an anceient