PDA

View Full Version : wolfguard terminators

miasma
01-04-2009, 18:56
Hello,

I have 5 "old" wolfguard terminators and wanted to buy new ones, but it seems, new space marine (Ultramarine) terminators are slightly taller. I think I have to wait nontheless, because I want to have "real" wolfguard terminators ;-) But it seems a bit strange to have terminators of different sizes (and different base sizes) :-/

Bellygrub
01-04-2009, 19:01
The new plastic termi's are larger then the old school. A lot larger. Forgeworld however does sell an upgrade kit for the new plastics.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/spacew.htm

miasma
01-04-2009, 19:21
horrible, I spent so much time the last days to paint them nicely ;-)

hm well, and I love the metal minis... I don't like the plastic minis that much (because of the weight ;-)), but hmmm, maybe I have to wait until new miniatures are coming out, plus 17 for a conversation pack, I don't know :-/ Well, I love terminators, I just started to buy a few wolves, because I always thought, they are looking fine (played 2nd edition 13 years ago or so). Ok, at first I will paint my grey hunters now ;-)

miasma
01-04-2009, 22:35
It seems all new terminators are plastic (and no new ones for DA,BA and Templars)? So every Space Marine army except of Ultramarines need conversation packs from forgeworld? Seems the metal figures are still the old ones, even from DA.

Lostanddamned
01-04-2009, 22:45
The ForgeWorld Space Puppy Terminators are absolutely amazing - and in fact, with a little bit of creativeness you can get a good sqaud of them out of the Assault on Black Reach terminators, which is a good boost.

That said, if you put your SW terminators on their standard bases, and then put those bases onto 40mm bases, they are the roughly the same height as the new termies, and you get the kudos of old school models.

miasma
01-04-2009, 22:58
Mh does anyone know if a new cyclone model is available or maybe coming sometime in the near feature?

But that's a nice idea, to place the 40mm base under the normal base, maybe trying to model a little stone "hill" or something like that, and I can use both squads and they are roughly the same hight :-) But yes, those forgeworld converted termis are an eye catcher... I'm not sure if I'll buy normal terminators or storm terminators, but I like the idea of a "fast" army, maybe in a land raider or something :-) But I don't really like the storm shield termis (I think shields are a bit of middle aged or something like that... and I like the look of assault cannons ;-))

Plastic Parody
01-04-2009, 23:16
its in the same squad box as the standard termies and are now prob a better option than the assault cannon rules wise.

you may not like the thunder hammer storm shield look but the rules are awesome so it might be worth the sacrifice, as for the middle aged thing are they not meant to be Vikings in space?? ;-p

Ultimately the new termies masks are a little long and some of the leg positions are a little questionable but with some careful positioning you can get some awesome looking models - the old metal ones are great but you have to admit the poses suck.

victorpofa
04-04-2009, 20:42
If you use the newer models I would do as already suggested by Lostanddamned and glue the slotta base on a 40mm base for the metals. Otherwise pick up more metals off Ebay so they are all the same. I have a bunch of metal Wolfguard Termies myself, but if I end up putting any new Termies in my army with the new codex I will tack them on 40mm bases. I already did this with a few metals destined for my Deathwing army.

As Plastic Parody said the three Heavy weapons are in the plastic kit. No new metals are going to be made besides Terminator special characters. And they are unlikely to have a Cyclone.

Good Luck Wolf Brother.

shin'keiro
04-04-2009, 23:19
Ebay 'assault on black reach' terminators + forge world space wolf conversion pack = same price as a box of GW terminators...