PDA

View Full Version : Plastic plague monks size?

Urgat
01-04-2009, 21:52
I was wondering, how large are the plastic plague monks compared to a regular human?

Ultimate Life Form
01-04-2009, 21:56
Well, regarding height, they´re a little smaller, but their robes and tails make them somewhat bulky, so they almost completely fill the 20mm bases.

Urgat
01-04-2009, 22:00
Mmmmh... I think I may have found the bodies for my sneaky gits then :)

Ultimate Life Form
01-04-2009, 22:06
Well I´m no expert for english Warhammer terms, but I suppose you mean Night Goblins. However you should keep in mind the Monks are only marginally smaller, mainly because they are so "ducked", and the tails aren´t extra but firmly attached to the bodies, so it might be a pain removing them. Basically, the whole body is just one piece, and only arms and heads need to be glued.

Urgat
01-04-2009, 22:15
Well I´m no expert for english Warhammer terms, but I suppose you mean Night Goblins. However you should keep in mind the Monks are only marginally smaller, mainly because they are so "ducked", and the tails aren´t extra but firmly attached to the bodies, so it might be a pain removing them. Basically, the whole body is just one piece, and only arms and heads need to be glued.

Sneaky gits -> those chaos dwarf hobgoblin troops. The description you make of the plague monks sounds even better, I don't think the tails will be a problem, so yep, it's good, cheers :)
Even betetr, they use two hand weapons too, basically curved cimitars, and the plague monks appear to have almost the same weapons. triumming them a bit to make them curved should be really easy. Yeap, think I'll order some :p

Rolo Ramone
01-04-2009, 22:31
Sneaky gits are a special unit of hobgoblins with knifes (I think..), not night goblins. They are taller then goblins and are part of the chaos dwarf army.

Urgat
02-04-2009, 09:51
yeah, actually, just one last question:
compared to both the older and newer plastic night gobs, how large are they? Especially the older ones, as I'm toying with the idea of using their heads as a base for the hobgoblin heads.

Devil Tree
02-04-2009, 09:59
Converting Plague monks to Hobgoblins shouldn’t be too difficult. The feet might look a little funny but it shouldn’t be too much of a problem. As for your information…

The average Plague monk stands 22mm to 23 mm tall but they're hunched over, they would be a bit taller (25mm to 27mm) if they could stand up straight.

The plastic Common Goblins stand 18mm to 20mm tall.

Skull Pass Goblins 16mm to 17mm (estimated w/out hoods) tall.

The average human (Empire Free Company range) stands approx 30mm tall.

Hope that helps. :)

Devil Tree
02-04-2009, 10:09
yeah, actually, just one last question:
compared to both the older and newer plastic night gobs, how large are they? Especially the older ones, as I'm toying with the idea of using their heads as a base for the hobgoblin heads.

Considering the size differences, I think the old Night Goblins would work best. The new ones (based off of BFSP) are just too small. By the way, with the way the models were made, you will need some green stuff to connect the Goblin heads to the Skaven bodies.

Urgat
02-04-2009, 10:15
Converting Plague monks to Hobgoblins shouldn’t be too difficult. The feet might look a little funny but it shouldn’t be too much of a problem. As for your information…
No problem, I have heaps of goblin legs left from my wolf riders :)

The average Plague monk stands 22mm to 23 mm tall but they're hunched over, they would be a bit taller (25mm to 27mm) if they could stand up straight.

The plastic Common Goblins stand 18mm to 20mm tall.

Skull Pass Goblins 16mm to 17mm (estimated w/out hoods) tall.

The average human (Empire Free Company range) stands approx 30mm tall.

Hope that helps. :)

This is perfect, and my choice is now set :)

Considering the size differences, I think the old Night Goblins would work best. The new ones (based off of BFSP) are just too small. By the way, with the way the models were made, you will need some green stuff to connect the Goblin heads to the Skaven bodies.

I dodn't plan on using the new gob heads, it was just for general size comparisons. While some people seem content to use the BfSP gobs as Hobgobs, it wouldn't do for me, they're supposed to be taller than gobs, almost human size, hence why I wanted to make sure the monks were significantly taller. As for green stuff, no problem either, it'll probably be easier than turning the dwarfs into chaos dwarfs anyway :)