PDA

View Full Version : Lord Kroak's Mighty Army

Malorian
01-04-2009, 22:22
I'm hoping to have a MASSIVE game before I move with all my lizardmen. Just put everything I had into a list (minus a few skinks) and this is what I got:

Lord Kroak
Slann BSB w/ focused rumination, plaque of tepok, warbanner, 2 scrolls, bane head
Slann w/ focused rumination, higher state of consciousness, staff of sorcery
Oldblood on carnosaur w/ light armor, scimitar of the sun, enchanted shield, glyph necklace
Oldblood w/ light armor, blade of tzunki, shield of the mirrored pool
Oldblood w/ light armor, great weapon, charm of the jaguar
Oldblood w/ light armor, shield, cold one, piranha blade
Oldblood w/ light armor, shield, cold one, burning blade blade

Chakax
Lvl 2(3) Skink priest on engine of the gods
Lvl 2(3) Skink priest on engine of the gods
Lvl 2 skink priest w/ blood statuette of spite, scroll
Lvl 2 skink priest w/ rod of storm, scroll
Lvl 2 skink priest w/ cube of darkness
Lvl 2 skink priest w/ 2 scrolls
Skink chief w/ light armor, shield, sword of might, cloak of feathers
Skink chief on terradon w/ light armor, shield, spear, staff of the lost sun

20 saurus w/ full command
20 saurus w/ full command
18 saurus w/ spears, banner, musician
Jungle swarm
10 skink skirmishers
10 skink skirmishers
10 skink skirmishers
10 skink skirmishers
10 skink skirmishers
10 skinks
10 skinks

6 chameleon skinks
3 terradon riders
3 terradon riders
20 temple guard w/ full command, plaque of dominion
20 temple guard w/ full command, huanchi's blessed totem
5 kroxigor
Stegadon
Stegadon
8 cold one cav w/ banner
8 cold one cav w/ banner
8 cold one cav w/ banner
8 cold one cav w/ banner

3 razordons
Salamander
Salamander
Salamander
Salamander
Salamander
Salamander

Total: 10,000

First of all I think it's great it came to exactly (with some help) 10,000 points.

Now the game would be against either dark elves or high elves, and the thing I'm wondering now is is there anything here that you could change? Keep in mind that this is pretty much all of my models, however I can still change things like the size of the units or what magical items I take.

And just to clear up the deal with the third slann, since I ran out of temple guard units I'll either be having this guy on his own (which is why I paid to basically make him ethereal) ot could join a regular saurus unit. I guess I could break down the temple guard to get a third unit but I wouldn't have any command in the third unit, and it wouldn't look as cool ;)

Thoughts?

bob_the_small
01-04-2009, 22:29
I'd put the slaan in a unit of saurus warriors if it was me because otherwise someone can come along with a magical weapon or a spell and fry your slaan.

Malorian
01-04-2009, 22:31
If I put him in a unit of regular saurus should I still make him ethereal since he'll have to be in the front rank?

Seems safest, but taking a different power would be fun too.

bob_the_small
01-04-2009, 22:38
Well it is up to you, do you want to lose a powerful magic caster? But if you are playing for fun (which i suppose you are) then take another power.

Whitesox
01-04-2009, 22:38
well games like this is when spells like ruination of itza, wind of undeath, casket of souls can reap a huge tally.... still it will be fun :)

Malorian
01-04-2009, 22:40
Both players have three dragons... not too sure how I'm going to deal with them other than taking lore of beasts...

Ultimo ninja
02-04-2009, 01:09
whoa.......... I would LOVE to see that battle...TAKE PICTURES!!!!!

EvC
02-04-2009, 01:30
needs MOAR STEGARRDON

Shamfrit
02-04-2009, 01:40
needs MOAR STEGARRDON

Malorian.

If you've painted all of that.

You are a god :D.

Oh, and EvC, stop giving me reason to quote you :D

Ancre
02-04-2009, 08:27
Whoa this is huge !

Will we have pictures ? I want a battle report of some sort too but it might be too big of a job - but if you do anything like it I'll be reading it :D

Edit : About the cold one cav, how are you going to rank them ? You need two more models for each unit to have a rank bonus and 8 models make for a massive rank. But then again, 10.000 points means an oversized table so you might have the place for this ?

Kai Itzah
02-04-2009, 12:15
Take a Skink Chief, plop him on one of the Stegadons. Give the Stegadon a walking stick and call it an Ancient Stegadon. You know the set up.

I'm tempted to tell you to run a unit of 20 Skinks with 5 Kroxigors. 4 ranks of 10 or 8 ranks of 5. Just for funzies.

Try and give those EotG priests some shizzle like war drum.

...I think that's pretty much it. Oh, pictures or I kill you.

Malorian
02-04-2009, 15:19
Well the DE player has accepted the challenge. Looking at his stuff I think he's going to have some trouble making it to 10,000 and he has already said he won't have enough core (which is no big deal). But how ever he still has boxes not put together and he runs a store so he can catch up easily and for cheap.

His stuff is painted. Mine... um... not so much...

We plan to have the battle in 3 weeks(ish) and there would be pictures and a report ;)

The coldones would be in one line. Paying for a rank just isn't worth it (although I was kinda tempted to make them fully ranked...) and although 8 is a bit too large, it works with my models and lets me take a few losses and still be viable.

The chief on the steg would be nice, but sadly both my new ones were turned into EotGs and the old ones don't have any room in the howda for a chief.

However both Chakax and the terradon mounted skink chief are in the mail, so if they don't get here in time I'll have to add something to make up..