Repeater Bolt Thrower pts 100

Repeater Bolt Thrower pts 100

Great Eagles x 2 pts 100Fly

Tiranoc Chariot x4 pts 340

Total Army Cost: 1989

Casting Pool: 7
Dispel Pool: 4 x 1 dispel scroll
Models in Army: 40

price kill big stuff noble stuff in wood mages with seer takes beast or shadow for movement spell other mage high for drain magic shooty base targets other warmachinces etc thats the basic idea

list 2 similar but more troops and magic not as offensive

2000 Pts - High Elves Army

Mage pts 235
trister pendat 30
Dispel Scroll
Chariot

Mage pts 220

Dispel Scroll
Amulet of Light
Chariot

Noble pts 222

Halberd;
Dragon Armour;
shield
Battle Standard;
Banner of Ellyrion
Chariot

* Prince pts 333
Halberd;
Dragon Armour;
Shield
Star Lance
Temakador's Gauntlets
talsimane of loec
Chariot
Repeater Bolt Thrower x2 pts 200

Great Eagles 50

Tiranoc Chariot x4 pts 340

Lothern Seaguard(15) x2 mus pts 400

Total Army Cost: 2000

Casting Pool: 4
Dispel Pool: 4 x 2 dispel scrolls + pendant
Models in Army: 49

characters as above bigger sea guard only 1 great eagle

so which would be better please this not suppose to uber competative just themed and fun

The Anarchist
02-04-2009, 00:04
i think the first one captures the theme of Tiranoc, as well as being more balanced and able to deal with mixed threats.

kardar233
02-04-2009, 00:40
Is it just me, or do neither of them have core units? 'Cause, last I check, Lothern Sea Guard aren't core.

TekDragon
02-04-2009, 03:24
Is it just me, or do neither of them have core units? 'Cause, last I check, Lothern Sea Guard aren't core.

Which book did you last check?

LSG are most definitely core.

Red
02-04-2009, 03:25

Be honest now ;) You never REALLY checked. Sea Guard have always been core. They just seem special.

Aenerion
02-04-2009, 08:33
I voted 2 because a Tiranoc army would not have that much magic.
If you want to go more into fluff you could think of how the prince from Tiranoc would create his host.

IMO, core of the army would be tyranoc chariots, and remaining tyranoc levy with the help of the neighbours Caledor and Ellyrion (so reavers and dragon prince).

enyoss
02-04-2009, 10:28
I'd go with the second list, as at least you have something in the way of infantry blocks (as all High Elf armies should :D).

One point though, is that whatever your decision, get rid of the Star Lance on you Prince. All it takes is a moderate amount of missile fire to take out his chariot, and then the Lance is useless.
I think you're better off giving him a halberd and using the 60 points elsewhere.

dijit80
02-04-2009, 11:52
i like the first list best. It's very unusual and fairly unique. i think i'd take archers instead of seaguard, they'll be able to support the chariots better at range - foot infantry won't be able to keep up anyway. Lothern is quite a way from Tiranoc, so for fluff reasons too. If ever you do it, let's hear how it does - it'll cool really cool too.