PDA

View Full Version : Suneater's "Herald of the Tempest" attack question

pointyteeth
01-04-2009, 22:28
I have a question regarding the "Herald of the Tempest" attack of the WoC special character Kholek Suneater. It states that in the shooting phase he picks a target anywhere on the battle field and rolls a d6. on a 2-6 the unit suffers d6 S6 hits. on a 1 it hits him.

My question is, can he march and use this as it doesn't seem to be a typical ranged attack.

Godgolden
01-04-2009, 22:49
i would assume he can march as he isnt shooting a weapon, its an attack that happens in the shooting phase... like bloodcurdling roar.

i could be wrong but i think its a safe assumption.

Shamfrit
01-04-2009, 22:53
It's a trigger ability, like Godgolden says, it just happens in the shooting phase.

You're free to march.

theunwantedbeing
01-04-2009, 23:02
Pretty sure any ranged attack made in th shooting phase is subject to the normal rules for shooting. As a result, you need to be specifically allowed to march and shoot (as it says so in the breath weapon rules for example).

decker_cky
01-04-2009, 23:07
Breath weapons are a type of shooting in the main rulebook. Herald of tempest is just a special rule that happens to occur in the shooting phase.

rottahn
02-04-2009, 01:42
id say you can march and shoot. it is a shooting attack, but he isnt using a ranged weapon.