PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Double giant Orcs & Goblins

stonetroll
02-04-2009, 02:32
Let me know what you think of this double giant list. I understand that 2500 is not a usual points level, but thats just what me and my friends prefer. Makes the battle a lit less character-dominated.

2500 pts double Giant list
1 Black Orc warboss @ 250 pts Heavy Armor, Boar, Ulag’s Akrit Axe, Collar of Zorga, Warboss Imbad’s Iron Gnasha’s, Enchanted Shield

1 Black Big boss @ 180 pts Heavy Armor, Boar, army standard, Mork’s Spirit Totem

1 Goblin Big boss @ 93 pts Light Armor, Shield, Spear, Giant Wolf, Wollopa’s One Hit Wounda, Brimtsone Baubles

1 Night Goblin Shaman @ 100 pts Staff of sneaky Stealin’

24 Orc Boyz @ 169 pts: Shield, Champion, Standard bearer

23 Orc Boyz @ 163 pts: Shield, Champion, Standard bearer

26 Night Goblins @ 166 pts: Netters, Musician, 2* Fanatic

20 Night Goblins @ 89 pts: Short Bows, Musician, 1* Fanatic

5 Wolf Riders @ 71 pts: Short Bows, Musician

5 Wolf Riders @ 71 pts: Short Bows, Musician

5 Spider Riders @ 76 pts: Short Bows, Musician

5 Spider Riders @ 76 pts: Short Bows, Musician

18 Black Orcs @295 pts: Shield, Musician, Standard Bearer, Nogg’s Banner of Butchery

10 Squig Hoppers @ 150 pts

2 Spear Chuckas @ 70 pts

2 Spear Chuckas @ 70 pts

1 Giant @ 205 pts

1 Giant @ 205 pts

Total: 2499 pts

7 DD / 3PD / 0 scrolls

I understand that most people think Black Orcs are overpriced (and I agree), but this way I have 2 units that auto-waagh! (Blorcs and unit with general), and a third unit that Waaghs! on a 2+ (BSB + 3 ranks). So all in all, I am quite keen to try them out in conjunction with 2 Giants, who should take the brunt of shooting off them.

SiNNiX
02-04-2009, 03:15
I like it but who do you play that does 2,500?

stonetroll
02-04-2009, 05:56
Thanks

I play (as stated) all of my friends @ 2500 pts. We think it's a nice points level and allows for even a few more units then 2250 (which was upped from 2k for the same reason).

All the three gaming groups I attend (total about 20-25 opponents) have more or less converted to this pt level. Give it a try!

SevenSins
02-04-2009, 07:53
Looks solid, although I'd drop the blorcs and 2 hoppers for 2 more boys units, but like you said auto-whaag is nice

Tonedogbf110
02-04-2009, 08:27
This is a solid list!

I wouldn't change anything, except maybe dropping a few magic items and kitting the B/Orcs out with Great weps for the strength bonus, make them another knight killer unit.

I play 2,500 a lot and especially with orcs. I agree with you, its a good number of points for a non character dominated game.

what army are you playing with this list? or is it for all comers?

stonetroll
02-04-2009, 09:12
Looks solid, although I'd drop the blorcs and 2 hoppers for 2 more boys units, but like you said auto-whaag is nice

I'm indeed quite keen on trying the auto-waaagh! Beside that, a unit of 8 hoppers is quite fragile, 3-4 casualties and they are virtually useless.

Its nice to have a lot of boyz on the board, but with more then 3 "main blocks" I find I struggle with decent deployment, which is why the Blorcs are justified imo.

This is a solid list!

I wouldn't change anything, except maybe dropping a few magic items and kitting the B/Orcs out with Great weps for the strength bonus, make them another knight killer unit.

I play 2,500 a lot and especially with orcs. I agree with you, its a good number of points for a non character dominated game.

what army are you playing with this list? or is it for all comers?

The Blorcs are allready kitted with GW's due to "Armed to da teef" (beside that, my blorcs are not meant to be knight killers, I handle knights with static combat resolution and characters).

Thanks, 2500 is really worth a try for everyone that has big enough armies not to have to squeeze in everything to acutally reach that 2500 (as the army is quite substantially larger then 2k).

And this list is indeed an "all comers" list. Too long have I been playing around with list swapping and its time I finish with a final list before I move on to my Bretonnians!

Tonedogbf110
02-04-2009, 09:25
Of course they are! sorry I was being a plum!

I like your list a lot.

Deploying massive numbers can be hard, and you get bottlenecked when Animosity strikes.
I think you have done the right thing for an all comer list.

maybe a tad weak on magic defence though, but thats easily fixed by swapping out one of your hitty warbosses in exchange for another scroll caddy.

SiNNiX
02-04-2009, 15:53
Ugh it'd be nice but my friends would never let me take 250 more points than I already have. They already never want to play my army as it is and Dwarves taking an extra 250 anywhere on the table is pretty nasty. Sure would be nice, though. :)

stonetroll
02-04-2009, 22:30
Of course they are! sorry I was being a plum!

I like your list a lot.

Deploying massive numbers can be hard, and you get bottlenecked when Animosity strikes.
I think you have done the right thing for an all comer list.

maybe a tad weak on magic defence though, but thats easily fixed by swapping out one of your hitty warbosses in exchange for another scroll caddy.

Yes, my magic defense is really light, seeing as my group is getting more and more competitive (with a new VC and Daemon player, both heavily relying on the magic phase). With only 7 DD and -1PD for the enemy it is a gamble and I would gladly take another scroll caddie if I had the hero slots.

However, I feel I cannot miss any of my fighty heroes: General--> obviously. BSB --> better magic defense than a scroll caddy and CC + reroll break tests to boot. Suicide goblin: to be used as a mage-hunter, so indirectly he is also adding to my magic defense (plus hes great for gibbing lion chariots / black coaches :D)

So if you have an idea of what to swap for another scroll caddy, please do let me know.

Balthazaar
03-04-2009, 10:09
At the end of the day you need to play to your battle plan and not react to your opponents.

but the option is still there if you decide that a scroll caddy is a good addition.
its certainly a competitive list, I like the 2 giants approach, they are great fun to play.

Gobboman10
03-04-2009, 14:10
Okay.... First off get rid of those squig hoppers, even though the have good movement during my time of play they allways die the first turn.
Next, take out one giant and the wolf riders to get a solid army of Orc Boar Boys, these units pack some punch and ******* own elves from my expiriences.
Lastly, Get rid of those spider rider, they are good, but i allways have 2 shaman in my army, also upgrade both shamans to lvl 2(It really helps.)

Good luck with your army and hopefully you take my advice. Orcs and Goblins OWN if you have the right setup

stonetroll
03-04-2009, 22:51
Okay.... First off get rid of those squig hoppers, even though the have good movement during my time of play they allways die the first turn.
Next, take out one giant and the wolf riders to get a solid army of Orc Boar Boys, these units pack some punch and ******* own elves from my expiriences.
Lastly, Get rid of those spider rider, they are good, but i allways have 2 shaman in my army, also upgrade both shamans to lvl 2(It really helps.)

Good luck with your army and hopefully you take my advice. Orcs and Goblins OWN if you have the right setup

Get rid of the squig hoppers: no option, way too good for 150 pts as a major threat to every army out there (except maybe HE).

Take out one giant: Fail. Might as well take 0 if I take 1.

Add Boar boyz: fail #3. Overcosted medium cavalry that will get owned when they charge HE.

Take out spider riders: fail #4. being able to ignore terrain with 2 units of fast cavalry for 76 pts per unit is priceless.

Add another shaman and upgrade both to lvl 2: Fail 5&6. can't take another shaman without dropping a crucial other character. Upgrading to 2* lvl 2 gives me 6 PD that is useless at any pints level.

Conclusion: epic fail

selone
03-04-2009, 22:57
Why do you make an army list inviting discussion and then calll people's suggestions epic fail?

stonetroll
04-04-2009, 01:02
I dont, I just didn't agree with any of Gobboman10's suggestions.

Gobboman10
05-04-2009, 16:34
Its fine you didnt agree with me its just that it seems my tips are what i think would help since it really helps me