PDA

View Full Version : Looking for old army lists

massey
02-04-2009, 05:46
Alright, first, I know there's a forum rule against requesting pdfs of copyrighted materials, so I'll be clear I'm not asking for that. What I am asking about is help finding where certain old materials might be located, and how I could get them. I know "ebay" will be a standard answer by at least 10 people. :)

I'm looking for old rules to current armies. Specifically, I know there's an old set of Necron rules that was printed in a WD (it was the one with the exploding scarabs). I know there's a 2nd edition one and a 3rd edition one. Does anyone remember which WD they were in? Anyone know how I can get either one of those?

I'm also trying to find the old rules for each army that were in the back of the 3rd edition main rulebook. I remember the rules were very very basic. I have no idea what I did with my 3rd edition book. Its been lost to the mists of time somewhere.

I just remember bits and pieces of those old rules, and like a song where you remember only part of it, I'm never going to be able to get it out of my head until I hear the rest of the song (meaning, I see those old rules again. Unfortunately, GW doesn't seem to have any sort of rules archive or WD compilation. Do they?

Flinch
02-04-2009, 08:49
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necrons

scroll down to the bottom for the reference section with a list of all the White Dwarf issues with necrons in them. Starts at issue 217 in 1998.

Sorry, I have no idea where to get issues that old. I used to own it, but have moved house about a million times (ok maybe not that many) since then...

EDIT: I still have some of those necron models still in their original box... woah... nostalga..

whitewolfmxc
02-04-2009, 09:16
its all on the old chapter approved books (all 4 editions in total), luckily i bough all of them recently from second hand sells

massey
03-04-2009, 04:55
Thanks guys, it's a starting point. :)

The Grey Guy
03-04-2009, 06:23
before it was updated you could get a few articles off the oz games workshop site, i've got them if you want them just pm me :)

Ones i have are:
Lost and the Damned
Feral Orks
Speed Freaks