PDA

View Full Version : My next Necromunda gang

Yorkiebar
14-12-2005, 22:24
The A-TEAM (House Orlock)

Gang Leader - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith - Sword, grenade launcher, frag and krak grenades

Heavy - Sergeant Bosco "Bad Attitude" Baracus - Bling (chain), grenade launcher, frag grenades

Heavy - Lieutenant Templeton "Faceman" Peck - Knife, grenade launcher, frag grenades

Ganger - Captain HM "Howling Mad" Murdock - Knife, autogun

Three grenade launchers = BOOM! The rest of the gang is to be made up of juves named after minor characters. Obviously the list isn't the most effective ever, but those templates landing everywhere ought to give me an advantage.

EDIT: I might also give the grenade launcher guys a lapistol each for those automatically-failing ammo rolls.

Hlokk
14-12-2005, 23:13
Didnt they add a 5th guy into the A-team when ratings started to slip, like a special effects man or something? What about doing him.

And you have to paint a Rhino up as the van or I will beat you with a sharp stick

Dodgy Ed
14-12-2005, 23:35
Wargames foundry in Nottingham make some of the nicest alternate models for Necromunda, although they do have a more mondern day look to them. What you really want is the pack at the bottom of this link though http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/SV/3/index.asp

Hlokk
15-12-2005, 00:54
Nice find ed, i'll be having a pack of those for myself once my HSBC thing comes through...

Shadowheart
15-12-2005, 08:01
In 2594972.M41 a crack commando unit was sent to a penal world by a Commissar for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security fortress to the Necromunda Underhive. Today, still wanted by the Imperium, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

*heavy stubber fire*

It's a cool idea for a gang, but aren't you worried you'll never be able to hit a human target, even if you do blow up every crate and box in sight? Make sure there's a barn or a garage on every battlefield you play on, with an old car in there and a bunch of steel plates and some welding tools. Oh, the special rules you could come up with...

By the way... the prison the A-Team escaped from was Fort Bragg. I wonder if "Try Again" Bragg of Gaunt's Ghosts was an obscure reference by Dan Abnett.

Yorkiebar
15-12-2005, 08:33
Wargames foundry in Nottingham make some of the nicest alternate models for Necromunda, although they do have a more mondern day look to them. What you really want is the pack at the bottom of this link though http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/SV/3/index.aspThey're brilliant, but it'd be hard to give them grenade launchers and I think I can get the models pretty close to what I want using Citadel components anyway. Hannibal will be represented by Colonel Schaeffer, Mr.T by the Goliath heavy stubber model. Face and Murdock were more of a challenge, but in the end I decided that the closest were a Mordian Iron Guard with grenade launcher for Face (I'll replace the head) and an Orlock ganger for Murdock.

I'll work on the van when they're done.

Darkseer
15-12-2005, 09:46
In order to be legal, doesn't half the gang have to consist of gangers?

Yorkiebar
15-12-2005, 10:40
In order to be legal, doesn't half the gang have to consist of gangers?No, the rule is that no more than half the gang may be juves. If you wanted you could have no gangers at all.

Dodgy Ed
15-12-2005, 21:38
Once I have some time I'll get the pics up of the ones I've painted, however crappy camera+laziness+no pics oh yeah, if any one knows of an available 1:48th kit I'd be mighty grateful. I've scoured junk/charity/1 shops and been unable to find a toy van, I mean kids these days what do they play with

Cpt. Drill
16-12-2005, 19:15
I really like your gang... but personally I would give Murdoc some grenades to throw!

apart from that.. good work!

The Judge
16-12-2005, 21:02
How big is yout stash?

Yorkiebar
16-12-2005, 21:36
125 creds after the main gang members are paid for. I might just buy Murdock some slightly better weaponry and keep the remainder stashed. After all, the gang is for fun, not for effectiveness. Why have lots of unnamed juves around?

Grimlaw
18-12-2005, 11:17
Nice idea. I like to see people creating gangs for fun, rather than to specifically to win.

I would love to play against your A-Team gang.

During 2nd edition 40K, I had a Genestealer Cult army that was for fun only. They never won anything, not even a lucky door prize. But they were fun to play with.

Jedi152
19-12-2005, 09:11
You have to include special abilitites of puching bad guys over cars, and shooting at their feet but not killing them! :D

Oh, and Yorkiebar: Kudos for knowing all of the A-Team's real names...

Grimlaw
19-12-2005, 10:50
Now, for 10 bonus points, what nickname was given to BA, by BA's mother?