PDA

View Full Version : Gondor Shopping list

Calith
02-04-2009, 11:17
sorry guys I know theres a lot of these threads asking what do other people think they should buy so I'll thought I would get mine in while everyone is doing it.

Basically so far I have 2 boxes of minis tirith warriors, 1 box of rangers, 2 boxes of knights, boromir, faramir, denethor and pippin in armour. This saturday I'm getting the rule book, a command for the warriors, an ent and was just wondering what I should be looking into buying next?

I was thinking either Knights of Dol Amroth, the dead of dunharrow or warmachines. Only having looked at the rulebook once I cant remember what would be better. Can anyone offer a little help?

takaetun
02-04-2009, 11:20
I'd probably go another two boxes of Minas Tirith and a pair of Avengers - nasty little bastards they are. You have enough hitting power in your multitudes of Knights and the Ent, but not really that many troops on their own. Two more boxes is another four companies with shields and two with bows, and if you have a full command and a hero in each one, you should be able to make an extra company with the spare men.

Gondor are tricky in that they don't really have that many cheap (money wise) options, and many choices are very similar. Aside from the extra Warriors and the Avengers, I'd hold off until you read the book for yourself for a bit.

Odin
02-04-2009, 15:13
Sounds like you've got a pretty decent selection already (pretty much exactly what I'm planning on getting, minus the Ent. Might be best to get a few games played and see what you think the army is lacking, and what style and theme you favour. But if you want to keep things cheap, Army of the Dead could be ideal - with their nice new plastics they're far better value for money than the fiefdoms.

Xarius
03-04-2009, 22:02
completely agree with 2 more boxes of womt and them possibly two avengers (nasty in wotr). the dead are pretty good all round but as an allied contingent, not flexible enough as a full army so maybe a box or 2? Definetly more warriors even if just one more box and maybe aragorn ellessar.