PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40,000 'sound-based' stories?

omera
02-04-2009, 14:04
I recently picked up a voice editing program with the intentions of making 'sound based' story videos. Characters would be talking (all voices originating from my own recorded voice, but edited), and for effects, I'd add the sounds of gunfire, explosions, and whatever else is suitable for the situation.
Heres a short example.

Colonel Throp: The enemy has us, men. The planet is lost and there is will be no reinforcements.

*First shots of enemy fire sound as the enemy advances toward the trenches.*

Colonel Throp: Fear not, for there is glory in death! They may slay us, but in the end it is their souls that will be judged most harshly by the God-Emperor!

*The bellowing of Khorne warriors grows louder as the enemy comes within range.*

Colonel Throp: For the Emperor! Charge!

*The Guardsmen respond with "For the Emperor!".*

Except that its all done in sounds. A play without visuals, I guess.

Corrode
02-04-2009, 14:18
Archers 40,000: In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only country livin'.

narrativium
02-04-2009, 16:24
Yeah, radio plays have been around a while. Big Finish have been doing Doctor Who plays for a decade, approximately, and Black Library have only just started looking in the direction of audio materials (no plays yet, though). The notion of a Warhammer 40,000 'sound-based story' isn't just possible, it'd be very interesting to explore.