PDA

View Full Version : Playing sound into chat?

Turok117
02-04-2009, 20:28
Hi all,

Just wondering if it's possible to play sounds from a file on the comp hard drive into an online game.

E.g. I'm playing counter-strike with my microphone on and want to start playing the benny hill theme. I don't want to hold some speakers up to the mic.

Is there a program that would let me do this?

Thanks.

TheBigBadWolf
02-04-2009, 20:37
Probably should have posted this in the computer forum,

I don't know if it is possible to do so, ive never heard of anyone doing it before.

Why do you want to do it anyways, I think it would be pretty irratating, but thats just me.

Turok117
02-04-2009, 20:53
Why do you want to do it anyways, I think it would be pretty irratating, but thats just me.

That's the point ;)

Ok, please could a mod move this to the computer forum?

Laser guided fanatic
03-04-2009, 08:05
Just change your output to the mic?

Wintermute
03-04-2009, 19:48
I'm moving this thread to Computers & Consoles.

Wintermute

Lostanddamned
04-04-2009, 03:04
Please, please please (if you find a way to do this) refrain from doing it, its amazingly annoying, rather pathetic, and a great way to depopulate a server.

Awilla the Hun
04-04-2009, 09:52
I once had this happening to me in Team Fortress 2 (before it stopped working on me.) We were blasting away, and some hideous 80s pop music started playing out of the speakers. Hilarity ensued.

Killgore
04-04-2009, 15:34
Is there a way to play sound down through a teamspeak channel?

my planetside outfit could benefit from a few inspirational toots at vital moments :D

tortoise
04-04-2009, 22:49
That's the point ;)

Ok, please could a mod move this to the computer forum?

If you're really determined to be TFG then just play it really loud in the background. That way people will still be able to tell what the music is with the added bonus of the ambient distortion making it sound like the kind of noise popular at Guantanamo bay. Let us know how quickly you get kicked won't you?

sigur
05-04-2009, 04:37
Please, please please (if you find a way to do this) refrain from doing it, its amazingly annoying, rather pathetic, and a great way to depopulate a server.

I agree by 100%. If you want to play a game, just play it. If you want to annoy people ....er....just don't do it.

the_reaper
06-04-2009, 17:35
No-one likes people who do that, no-one, and it's humour that is at EVERYONE'S expense, especially when you like to enjoy the sound of the game through your decent set of speakers, and someone plays that through it, awesome.

Why not just buy a capture card and make an 'amusing' montage of ridiculous clips.

-reaper

Turok117
07-04-2009, 09:26
I don't need a capture card, I've got fraps.

It's not at everyone's expense, some other people in the game find it funny too.