PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Eugene, OR area gamers

elotsip
14-12-2005, 23:56
Hi all,
I am just trying to find some gamers in Eugene/Springfield, OR.

I built a forums page for the gamers in Eugene and Springfield, Oregon to meet, plan events, trade bits, etc. I'm not looking to siphon off warseer users, just add some people that are in the are and interested in gaming. So check it out and let me know what you think. Da Mek Shop (http://www.damekshop.com/phpbb2/index.php)

Thanks.

Dvalin
15-12-2005, 00:03
Hey there, elotsip; do you frequent either of the local stores? Planet of Sand or Evolution, that is?

elotsip
15-12-2005, 00:06
I have just started going to Evolution Games. I actually just moved up here. I had trouble finding players at first. In San Diego we had a local board for getting pickup games, swapping bits, planning events, campaings, smack talking, showing off models etc. so I thought I would make one for this area.

I played in the Tourny that Evo had this month. It was a good time as I had not played any 40k in several months. :D

Dvalin
15-12-2005, 00:17
Gotcha on that. Well, welcome to Eugene! And y'were at the tournament, eh? Hm! Were you the Ork player who was using burst cannon bits for big shootas? I'm one of the few local Tau players -- wasn't in the tourney because of work, but will likely be competing in the next one or two.

For pick-up games, the best bet is to swing by Saturday afternoons and evenings, from 4 to about 10 -- open GW gaming on that night, and it's usually dominated by WH40K. There's also a GW league on Wednesday nights -- rotates through events, and the most recent is a WHFB Warbands thing.

For campaigns? Hm. Y'may've noticed that city map on the back wall, just under the stairs. The campaign finally died at the beginning of December -- but we're doing debriefing and rules-bashing in preparation for a new campaign come January. The general idea will be that it'll include both BFG and WH40K elements, and will try to have a strategic metagame that rewards skilled strategic play -- but the precise mechanics need to be worked out.

Anywho! Hope y'enjoy the Eugene GW community. It's not terribly large, but it's friendly and active.

elotsip
15-12-2005, 22:19
Yup, that was me with the flash gits with burst cannons. Had a good time that day. :)

Once I get moved to creswell I should have more time to come down and get some pickup games in on Sat. The campaign sounds good as well! If there's room count me in. I don't have to play orks, I have a few other armies as well.