Nets,Musician,Standard Bearer,Boss, 2 Fanatics

20 NG with Bows
Musician, 2 Fanatics

20 NG with Bows
Musician, 2 Fanatics

Rock Lobber

Spear Chukka X2

Doom Diver

8 Squig herd teams (24 squigs 16 goblins)

Stuffburger
02-04-2009, 22:15
I'm assuming you meant big boss with the banner, instead of warboss (which you can't get at 1500).

First, Your Battle standard bearer cannot be your general. With this list you'd be using an Ld 5 shaman as your general, not benefitting anything.

If you want 2 casters, a decent (goblin) general and a BSB you need something like:

Goblin bigboss, light armor, amulet of protectyness, GW, Tricksy trinket
Goblin Bigboss BSB w/light armor, wolf.
shaman x2

Goblin bosses are not a very good use of points- 8 points for 1 WS2 S3 attack. Their purpose is to take challenges from a hero in the unit. If you don't plan to put a hero in it, don't take a boss. 30 is a good size for combat goblin units.

Night goblin archers are very bad at shooting. They have their place but more than one unit eats up a lot of deployment space and blocks other units. I'd consider getting rid of one unit and replacing it with another big block of hand weapon and shield goblins.

Spear chukkas and rock lobbas are good. Giving them a bully would prevent panic from goblin units, but doesn't fit the theme too well.

8 Squig herds is too big- this unit will attract a lot of shooting because it is unarmored and has only T3. 3-5 squig herds is more common. These are mostly suicide units- they hit very hard, but have no defense and "explode" due to the wild squigs rule. Either run 2 units of 4 herds, or use the points elsewhere.

Pretty good start though, welcome to fantasy!

Spellscape
02-04-2009, 22:22
Is Squig hoopers better than Squig herds?

"Goblin bigboss, light armor, amulet of protectyness, GW, Tricksy trinket
Goblin Bigboss BSB w/light armor, wolf.
shaman x2" -I think this is impossible for1500 only 3 heroes

rtunian
02-04-2009, 22:32
first, under 2000 points, you can't have a lord, so your goblin warboss has to be a goblin big boss

second, it might not be a good idea to have your general be a ng shaman, which has ld.5, the same ld as the rest of your army (except for the regular goblins in it). so having ng shaman essentially nullifies the general's bonus.

it looks like you are going for a magic heavy force, so instead of switching 1 ng sham to a big boss, which would give you ld.7, you could split the difference and change your staff of sneaky stealing sham from ng to regular goblin, and at least have ld.6. it's still really low, but its still an improvement over the regular troops. the change costs you 5 points

third, your list is only 1463 points (adjusting warboss to big boss and general to regular goblin sham), so you can add quite a few more gobbos out there

one problem might be that you don't have any fast troops, so you are going to be susceptible to out-maneuvering. another problem might be the number of fanatics that you have (8). it's alot of points spent on gambling, which is not my style, personally. it could work, it could fail miserably, it probably wouldn't work against a fast army or an army with alot of skirmishers. depends on who you face and how lucky you are with the scatter dice!

another problem is the squigs. squig herds are good, but i think you are overdoing it with 8 teams. remember herders don't ever flee... if they break in combat or panic, that unit is removed and everyone around takes damage.

i recommend fielding no more than 4 teams, and then putting the extra points, combined with the extra you already had, into either fast calvalry or another gob block

edit: sheesh i guess i type too slow!

Spellscape
03-04-2009, 09:12
Goblin Big boss 85
Rowdy Raggedy Banner

NG Shaman 135
LVL2 Staff of Sneaky Stealin'

NG Shaman 135
LVL2 Nibblas itty Ring 3magic Mushrooms

29 NG with Hand Weapons 209
Nets,Musician,Standard Bearer,Boss, 3 Fanatics

29 NG with Spears 246
Nets,Musician,Standard Bearer,Boss, 3 Fanatics

20 NG with Bows 114
Musician, 2 Fanatics

20 NG with Bows 114
Musician, 2 Fanatics

Rock Lobber 70

Spear Chukka X2 70

Doom Diver 80

8 Squig herd teams (24 squigs 16 goblins)

This all I have now painted and ready
But I can change something for 10 Hoopers and fanatics - also I have maybe another 20 NG with hand weapons
What should I change?

Balthazaar
03-04-2009, 09:56
Good starting list.

personally I would drop the spears on the unit that has them unless you are planning to use them defensively.

have you considered perhaps adding some wolves or spiders? these can be effective in smaller games as they are so fast and offer opportunities for flank attacks. This could help you with combat res. Also they can use bows which may be preferable to having bowmen on foot. If your not on high ground only the front rank fires anyway. Light cav can move and shoot as well effectively allowing you to dart in and out to try and get short range shots off. Spiders also have poison attacks. although you would get less for your points.

otherwise I agree with the above comments about 30 being a good number for blocks.

good choice on the doom diver, thats a solid weapon.

hope this helps.

Spellscape
03-04-2009, 10:17
Yes I have spider them but they still in works :-)
Most difficult for me choosing HQ units - and items for them - please review my choices

Balthazaar
03-04-2009, 10:24
Have a look at Wollupas one hit wunda for your boss, you cant sniff at a Str10 attack especially in a challenge.

I dont have my book to hand at the moment, so I am not sure what the raggedy banner does.

Also if you are facing a heavily cavalry army the pipes of doom can be useful.

let me read up and see what I can suggest. I tend to use orcs more than goblins, but I am scanning these NG lists as I now have over 200 gobbos and am planning to use them on their own at some point in the near future.

Braad
03-04-2009, 10:57
The biggest problem I see is your Goblin Big Boss.
First of all, give him light armour. You'll never know if it saves you a wound.

Also, you gave him a magic banner. However, these can only be given to either a unit with a banner that has such an option for a magic banner, or to the battle standard bearer of the army. You haven't paid the 25 points to upgrade the big boss to a battle standard bearer yet.
So:
Goblin Big Boss: 35 points
- Battle standard: 25 points
- Rowdy grott's banner: 50 points
- Light armour: 2 points
Total: 112 points.

Also, when you upgrade a big boss to battle standard bearer, he cannot be the general of the army. So one of your night goblin shamans must be the general, and only at leadership 5...
Personally, I would drop either the battle standard and rowdy grot's banner and give that goblin a big magic weapon and maybe some other magic item OR drop a shaman and take a second big boss to be the general and provide leadership.

So something like this, going for leadership and defensive magic:
-Goblin Big Boss with Wollopa's one hit wunda, bigged's kickin' boots, light armour and shield: 84 points
-Goblin Big Boss, upgraded to battle standard bearer and carrying Rowdy Grot's banner + light armour: 112 points
-Night goblin shaman, Level 2, 2x dispel scroll: 135 points

Or this, more magic heavy:
-Goblin Big Boss, Ulag's Akrit Axe and Amulet of Protectyness: 85 points
- Night Goblin shaman, Level 2, 'Itty Ring, 3 times mushroom: 135 points
- Night Goblin shaman, Level 2, staff of sneaky stealin': 135 points

Ofcourse, you can vary items a bit. I think these are nice, but not necessarily the best ones. In the second list I picked the amulet of protectyness as you probably rather want to keep the big boss alive then have him become uber-fighty, but you could just as well give him a huge sword or a shield.

About the rest of the list, I agree with the rest that 8 teams of squigs is very large. 4 or 5 would be good, and use the points you got left to buy wolves, spider or an extra unit of gobbo's. Maybe drop a fanatic here or there to get some more room for these.

Spellscape
03-04-2009, 11:37
What HQ is best against Deamons, VC and elves?

Gobboman10
03-04-2009, 14:02
Pretty Good but this is what i do for Tournys & Competitive matches and its 2000 ptns...
Lords and Heros

Gorbad Ironclaw 310 pts.

Black Orc Big Boss - Grimnash Boarbeata 119 Pts.
-Enchanted Shield
-Heavy Armor
- Martogs Best Basha

Night Goblin Shaman - Sloff Shroom-eata' 147 Pts.
- Lvl. 2
- Staff of Sneaky Stealin'
- Wolf

Orc Shaman-131 Pts.
- Lvl. 2
- The Collar of Zorga
- Waaagh! Paint
- Boar
Core Choices

20 Night Goblins 175 Pts.
-Full Command
-3 Fanatics

-Full Command
-3 Fanatics

-Full Command
-3 Fanatics
Special Choices

19 Black Orcs 335 Pts.
-Full Command
-Mork's Spirit Totem
-Contains Grimnash Boarbeata

14 Orc Boar Boyz 375 Pts.
-Full Command
-Gork's Waaagh Banner
-Contains Gorbad Ironclaw

2 spear chukkas- 80 Pts.
- both have bullies
Total Points- 2022
Total Units – 114 including…
- Shamans Mounts
- Crew of Chukkas

Balthazaar
03-04-2009, 14:04
I think you missed the point Gobboman, He's running a goblin force.

Spellscape
03-04-2009, 14:26
Anyway Named Lords don't allowed in my club :-(

Gobboman10
05-04-2009, 22:26
gotcha sry boot that