PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Warriors Questions...

Nesbet
03-04-2009, 05:29
Hi!

Does anyone know what's up with the Chaos Warriors Snap Fit? I've heard that the 3 warriors that come inside, come actually with the shields already attached to the bodies. I was thinking buying a snap fit, to use the torsos for some conversiones, but if the bits aren't the same as the normal chaos warriors box. Has anyone bought one of these CW snap fits?

Also. I will buy a box of the OOP chaos warriors, primary because of the mutation sprue and also for other bits. Then I've noticed that before (some time) the box of warriors didn't come with this sprue. When did GWS add the mutation sprue to the old chaos warriors box? Because not all OOP CW boxes camed with this sprue, right?

Thanks in advice for the answers!

dannyfave
03-04-2009, 07:10
They added it when the 6th ed. hordes of chaos book came out, before that they weren't in there.

Tae
03-04-2009, 10:42
Hi!

Does anyone know what's up with the Chaos Warriors Snap Fit? I've heard that the 3 warriors that come inside, come actually with the shields already attached to the bodies. I was thinking buying a snap fit, to use the torsos for some conversiones, but if the bits aren't the same as the normal chaos warriors box. Has anyone bought one of these CW snap fits?

You are quite correct as I bought a box of snap fit as I needed another 2 warriors to complete my units.

They come in three pieces - front, back and arm. The back is simply the cloak, the arm is (obviously) the weapon arm, and the front is the model's front complete with shield already attached.

Dai-Mongar
03-04-2009, 12:53
Yeah, the snap-fits don't lend themselves well to conversions. The shield is attached, and I mean it's moulded into the torso. That is to say it can't be removed from the body in a manner that would let you use anything but half a torso for conversions.

Nesbet
03-04-2009, 15:57
Thank you so much. I've bought some bodies in Hoard O Bits instead :P

And what about the old hunchbacks? Has the box changed of colour or something else when this happened?

Thanks

popisdead
09-04-2009, 23:41
They are pretty much useless in 7th ed. You want either Sheilds or Sheilds/Halberds.

Two HW's is only good with Festus.