PDA

View Full Version : bfsp box question

rtunian
03-04-2009, 17:26
so i was thinking of expanding my goblins by picking up the battle for skull pass box set, but then i wondered...

are they whole on the sprues?

what i mean is, i'm not keen on ng spearmen, so i was planning to convert the spears into hand weapons. but if the gobs are whole on the sprues, including the weapons, it's going to be impossible to do that conversion, so i'd probably be better off buying ng regiments instead

thanks for the infos

Malorian
03-04-2009, 17:42
They came complete on the sprue but the conversion is actually very easy. Just clip off the staff part of the spear and bang it's a hand weapon :)

Stuffburger
03-04-2009, 17:48
What malorian said. On top of that, the arms lend themselves well to being cut at the elbow and wrist so you can change the weapon positions too. If you have some extra weapon bitz lying around you can use those too pretty easily, or maybe drop $5 on some ebay arms.

Shields aren't going anywhere though, molded onto the body. All in all though, BfSP will save you quite a bit of money, regiment boxes will look a little better.

The Clairvoyant
03-04-2009, 18:02
It just so happens i have a load on their sprues still ready for use with Warhammer Quest
I've taken a couple of pics of the sprues for you so you can decide for yourself :)
I haven't taken a photo of the spider riders sprue though

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/PR_clairvoyant/IMGP1100.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/PR_clairvoyant/IMGP1101.jpg

scarletsquig
03-04-2009, 18:08
I actually prefer the skull pass goblins to the regular ones.

One-piece is brilliant for assembly and removing mould lines, and being absolutely dirt cheap helps too.

Of course, the 3 skull pass boxes I bought for the hell of it are still lying unopened (except for the rulebook I took out of one), but I'm sure I'll be very happy with the models in future if I ever feel the need for a massive goblin horde.

WarlockOMork
03-04-2009, 18:10
im going with those supporting the, its quite convertable to hand weapons.
i myself did on quite a few. even minor converting skills would be sufficient.

Urgat
03-04-2009, 18:38
maybe drop $5 on some ebay arms.

That's what I did, it's hella easy to do, and still costs nothing. Don't even need to convert them all, just plan half the unit, since you need only half the unit equiped correctly, as per rules say. Not only is it cheaper, it's also rules-clear, looks better (gobs in general look better with a mishmash of gear, they're not elves), and that allows you to take spears if you want by just swapping the front rank regular warriors with some of the back rank. Simply perfect :)

rtunian
03-04-2009, 19:45
oh nice!

yeah, i thought the spears would be more attached to the robes than that. this is totally the way to buff ranks. guess i'd better get while the gettin's good hehe... they are going to be releasing a different starter box sooner or later right?