PDA

View Full Version : Equiping both a Great Weapon and a Magic Weapon

Slappy
15-12-2005, 05:34
Like on my Ogre Bruiser, can I give him a two-hand weapon AND a Magic weapon? And then can I pick which one I use in combat? Army Builder lets me so I was just wondering (i've never needed to do it before).

T10
15-12-2005, 05:46
Yes, Army Builder is right: you can equip your character with both a mundane and a magical weapon.

It is generally not worth it as you are required to use the magical weapon if you have one.

If your magical weapon is destroyed you may resort to the mundane weapon.

Bretonnians charge with the lance weapon (mundane or magical) and use the magical weapon the following combat rounds.

-T10

Alco Engineer
15-12-2005, 05:48
I've just started doing it with a vampire thrall, giving him a great weapon to munch chariots and a magic sword that gives me extra magic/dispell dice. I'd be interested to hear if you can't. I know you can't take 2 magic weapons (or any 2 of the same type of item except scrolls) but I figured a mundane and a magic would be ok.

Alco Engineer
15-12-2005, 05:50
It is generally not worth it as you are required to use the magical weapon if you have one.

I didn't know that. Can you give a page reference for me??

samael
15-12-2005, 05:55
I've just started doing it with a vampire thrall, giving him a great weapon to munch chariots and a magic sword that gives me extra magic/dispell dice. I'd be interested to hear if you can't. I know you can't take 2 magic weapons (or any 2 of the same type of item except scrolls) but I figured a mundane and a magic would be ok.

Sorry mate, if you have a magic weapon you use it in combat.

From the horses mouth:

Q. Must a character armed with a magical close combat weapon
always use it in close combat?

A. Yes. Page 152 states "A character who has a magic close
combat weapon cannot use other close combat weapons". A
character with a functioning magic weapon must use it.
S. Gav Thorpe - Warhammer Design Team

Slappy
15-12-2005, 05:57
Another dumb Warhammer rule.

Anyways, thanks, my question has been answered.

Griefbringer
15-12-2005, 09:33
Again, this tends to be on the list of commonly asked questions - tends to pop up every month.

While we are at it, you cannot use an additional hand weapon or pistol in close combat simultaneously with a magical weapon.