PDA

View Full Version : Elves

Tae
03-04-2009, 23:51
Looking through my LOME book (am deciding what 'good' army to use for next years GT) I noticed that some of the Elven lists include Knights and Chariots. Are there any rules for these, if so what book are they in?

If they have no current rules, how do they operate within tournament environments? Are they just not allowed?

brain_dead_1st
04-04-2009, 01:36
Hey, no lists for these but the knights will be getting rules in the near future possibly june/july time and will most probably be in a white dward.
Models for the knights will be released around that time, though apparently only the medium armour version with bows and elven baldes have been done.

http://warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=52081&d=1234091339

And sorry if there are no rules you cant use them in tournies for obvious reason that they have no rules to use them...

Tae
04-04-2009, 10:36
I figured this was the case, just seemed odd they would release LOME with a bunch of unusable units.

Still, they'll come eventually I guess :)

Spider-pope
04-04-2009, 12:19
The extra units in LOME are there to cover future releases. There was going to be an Elf sourcebook at one point, however this has been cancelled with the redirection to WOTR.

Instead expect to see the rules for Galadhrim knights around June in WD, but dont get your hopes up for Chariots. They arent in the WOTR list, and thats the list they are making models for. SBG is an afterthought now.

Steel Rabbit
05-04-2009, 15:39
You could always convert the figs.

Tae
05-04-2009, 18:03
You could always convert the figs.

Lack of figures isn't a problem.

Lack of rules is.

CasperTheGhost
05-04-2009, 19:16
Looking through my LOME book (am deciding what 'good' army to use for next years GT) I noticed that some of the Elven lists include Knights and Chariots. Are there any rules for these, if so what book are they in?

If they have no current rules, how do they operate within tournament environments? Are they just not allowed?

Well they won't be allowed because there are no rules for them out yet. Of course you could easily use a different profile of a knight and just convert the models as elves but whatever.

However, more importantly I might add, I wouldn't worry much. GT is from now on going to be WOTR and as such I wouldn't be going making a list for SBG. Doubles tournement is going to be SBG and GT is going to be WOTR. And there might be rules for them in the WOTR book... Maybe?

Casper

Captain Shrike
05-04-2009, 19:54
Yep, rules there is!

Tae
06-04-2009, 17:35
Well they won't be allowed because there are no rules for them out yet. Of course you could easily use a different profile of a knight and just convert the models as elves but whatever.

However, more importantly I might add, I wouldn't worry much. GT is from now on going to be WOTR and as such I wouldn't be going making a list for SBG. Doubles tournement is going to be SBG and GT is going to be WOTR. And there might be rules for them in the WOTR book... Maybe?

Casper

Yeah I knew there were rules in the WOTR book for them, hence why I was considering getting a load when they are released in plastic.

However if the GT is going over to WOTR then GW can get stuffed :) Not interested in Elves for WOTR, not really interested in WOTR at all, and certainly not at tournament level.

Rirekon
06-04-2009, 17:40
GT is from now on going to be WOTR and as such I wouldn't be going making a list for SBG. Doubles tournement is going to be SBG and GT is going to be WOTR.

Source please? Been looking for WotR tournament info.

CasperTheGhost
06-04-2009, 17:48
Source please? Been looking for WotR tournament info.

My friend was told at LOTR GT stating that next years GT would be WOTR. Also, i've been told by the manager of my local store.

Yeah I knew there were rules in the WOTR book for them, hence why I was considering getting a load when they are released in plastic

However if the GT is going over to WOTR then GW can get stuffed :) Not interested in Elves for WOTR, not really interested in WOTR at all, and certainly not at tournament level.

They are putting rules for some of the new models for WOTR into white dwarf for SBG so it might be that they are doing the same for elf cav.

Casper

Xarius
06-04-2009, 17:53
may wd will have rules for all new entries in wotr converted to sbg, this may include galadrim knights, no chariots or catapults as of yet