PDA

View Full Version : PDF's on new GW site apparently gone missing...

Grinloc
04-04-2009, 00:13
Hi guys.

If i remember right there was a quite large update for the Orks codex, rather shortly after the codex hit the shelves. It included clarifications on how a KFF actually works ("only one model needed of a unit to grant the whole unit a cover save", Watzdakka Gutzmek [sp?] enabling the player to buy multiple biker squads as troop choices, etc.)

Now back then i apparently didn't save that PDF to my hard drive and now i can't find it anywhere on GW's site, no matter which one. Tried canadian, australian, US, german, but to no avail. Now when i have two of my 20 boyz in range of the KFF and say "all of em get a 5+ cover save" then i'd like to have something to prove that it's legit.

Could it have something to do with the new version of the GW sites, or did those PDF's become invalidated/obsolete somehow in the process? The only FAQ/errata PDF file for Orks i managed to find was one with a 2,14MB file size, but that's not the correct one/the one i'm after. All the older links to that PDF don't work anymore and only lead to the main page of the GW site, probably due to its new design.

Can someone here help me out on where to find that specific PDF, please? Thank you.

BladeWalker
04-04-2009, 03:32
I tried looking for you but only found this list:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=1000018&pIndex=1&aId=3400019&start=2

The only thing Ork on it is the file you describe as not being it. Sorry man.

Grinloc
04-04-2009, 03:48
I mean stuff like "with Watzdakka in your army you can buy multiple biker squads as troops" makes quite a bit of difference. Apparently GW removed such files from their website and i have no idea why they did that.

What is a player supposed to do in a friendly game against someone who doesn't know such a PDF ever existed and doesn't know about warseer's discussions about the KFF issue in general? That PDF can prove to be essential for gaming, i really need to find that thing.

Another thing: I didn't find anything in the rulebook which states that an IC's equipment ceases to function when being inside a vehicle. Case in point, the KFF. Is there anything which states that the KFF ceases to function when the big mek is inside an open-topped battlewagon?
Maybe this PDF covered that issue as well...*keeps searching*...

IJW
04-04-2009, 09:19
If i remember right there was a quite large update for the Orks codex, rather shortly after the codex hit the shelves
I'm not sure you remember rightly - the PDF that BladeWalker linked to is the only errata/FAQ to have been released for the current Ork Codex.

EDIT- Wazzdakka's army list entry clearly says 'Warbiker mobs' rather than the 'one Meganobs or Nobs mob' wording of a Warboss - there's no ambiguity that it might only mean a single Warbiker mob.

Spacker
04-04-2009, 10:19
There was the German FAQ that came out shortly after the codex that had a lot more in than the later English FAQ, but that was mainly down to mistakes made in the translation to German. If you have the English codex and the English FAQ then that is everything currently official for the Ork codex.

I've got the previous English FAQ on my PC and it's only 812kb, but it's basically the same as the 2Mb one on the GW site now - they changed the filename, and for some reason didn't optimise it to shrink the file size.

Tapok
04-04-2009, 10:39
Part of GW's redesign of their site to be selling products more than supporting them, I bet.

IJW
04-04-2009, 10:47
Part of GW's redesign of their site to be selling products more than supporting them, I bet.
:wtf: I'm not even sure which post you're responding to...

Grinloc
04-04-2009, 15:25
There was the German FAQ that came out shortly after the codex that had a lot more in than the later English FAQ, but that was mainly down to mistakes made in the translation to German. If you have the English codex and the English FAQ then that is everything currently official for the Ork codex.

I've got the previous English FAQ on my PC and it's only 812kb, but it's basically the same as the 2Mb one on the GW site now - they changed the filename, and for some reason didn't optimise it to shrink the file size.

So does the english version of the codex include a clarification/explanation on how (example) the KFF actually works, unlike the german one? If it does then i guess i'll have to buy the english version. I'd just like to know that beforehand, otherwise i would spend more money on my army for no significant reason.
Can somebody check it out in his codex, please? Thank you.

Spacker
04-04-2009, 18:53
The English codex states "all units within 6" ", so no it doesn't clarify it further. However, see page 3 of the 5th ed rulebook, top right, 2nd paragraph under "Measuring Distances". It clearly states that if any model is within X" then the entire unit is within X". No FAQ required, the KFF gives the whole unit the save so long as at least one model in the unit is within range :)

Grinloc
05-04-2009, 01:18
The English codex states "all units within 6" ", so no it doesn't clarify it further. However, see page 3 of the 5th ed rulebook, top right, 2nd paragraph under "Measuring Distances". It clearly states that if any model is within X" then the entire unit is within X". No FAQ required, the KFF gives the whole unit the save so long as at least one model in the unit is within range :)

Thanks much, Spacker. This clarified it perfectly :).