PDA

View Full Version : You know your playing too much 40k when...

tacoo
04-04-2009, 03:12
iv seen these type of post on another site so i thought it would be intesting too see what people say from us here on warseer

I think you play too much 40k when you look at your pay check and think
" hmm i got 3 boxes of daemonetts and a soul grinder this time"

when you check dice out in a pratice game too soo if they like you or not

Doppleskanger
04-04-2009, 03:18
When it's half past three in the morning, you have a plane to catch tommorrow, but you can't remeber what time it is, but you're on Warseer chatting the breeze instead of sorting your sh** out.

(oops Doppleskanger goes to bed!)

Hicks
04-04-2009, 03:19
... your lack of will means you just started a new army based on hard to find OOP nurgle marines, your 6th army. :cries:

Sttucker13
04-04-2009, 03:29
... your lack of will means you just started a new army based on hard to find OOP nurgle marines, your 6th army. :cries:

... decide to build TWO MORE 4000 point armies so that you can introduce your roommates to the game. :wtf:

Lord Dan
04-04-2009, 03:29
..you don't even play 40K, yet you peruse the forums as though you have business here.

Hicks
04-04-2009, 03:30
..you don't even play 40K, yet you peruse the forums as though you have business here.

But then you wouldn't be playing it too much. ;)

Lord Dan
04-04-2009, 03:31
But then you wouldn't be playing it too much. ;)

It was more addressing the fact that there is something inherently wrong with the fact than anything else.

Valkyrie114
04-04-2009, 03:53
:you buy cola from the wargear section of your codex
:you find yourself thinking of success/failure in terms of D6 results
:you know exactly what ATSKNF stands for.
:you wonder why your motorcycle doesn't have turboboost

A1TEC
04-04-2009, 04:00
You wake up in the morning and go to get your army, when you need to do something else.

MajorWesJanson
04-04-2009, 04:26
...when you build rhinos assembly line style and can put them together all the way with no glue at all
...when you can design a 1500 point army from memory to within 15 points

tacoo
04-04-2009, 04:39

im guilty of that with necrons, but they dont really count, no options really so its simple.

Inquisitor_Tolheim
04-04-2009, 04:54
:you wonder why your motorcycle doesn't have turboboost

What are you talking about? My Motorcycle DOES have turboboost! Take yours back to the dealer and demand an upgrade.

...you get your army badge tatooed on your shoulder.

...you have the Lexicanum and a minimum of three warhammer forums bookmarked to open in your browser simultaneously.

...the thought of female space marines fills you with an unholy rage.

...you've ever started an argument over the physics of bolters/lasweapons/etc.

...You custom model all your imperial guard tanks so they have sloped armor, then refuse to allow other players to have the "extra armor" upgrade if they don't do the same.

arch_inquisitor
04-04-2009, 05:20
When your models are named complete with victory/loss stats.

maelstrom66669
04-04-2009, 05:21
When you check out the toy sections in every store you go in, to find neat bits for chaos vehicles. :D

JCOLL
04-04-2009, 05:25
...You and the misses decide to have her parents over for dinner, you forgot to remove all of the terrain from the kitchen table and your mother-in-law comments on the lovely new 'centerpeice' with a weird sideways glance to your wife (who shruggs and changes the subject).

Ianos
04-04-2009, 05:44
When you paint your car red so that it goez fasta!
When you take leadership checks every time you meet a hot chick
When you pray to khorne every time you are angry
When you make rituals so that your pc will work
When you say, "i don't play Eldar, i am Eldar!"

theshadowduke
04-04-2009, 05:47
....You find yourself buried up to your eyeballs in bits and half built armies, only to plan on using part of your student loan in the fall to make an imperial guard air cav army.

Valkyrie114
04-04-2009, 05:50
:you assign armor values to different models and makes of real life cars
:you Mathhammer so much you can play games without dice
:you spend more time playing "What-if" hammer against friends and co-workers than playing actual games.
:you correct store employees running demo games
:you find yourself rolling for difficult terrain when you go hiking.
:you have a latin name for your car/dog/cat/children
:you think melta is a real word
:you have more armylists written in your notebooks than classwork
:you see bullet-proof vests and immediately think "5+ armor save"
:you have played, quit, re-purchased and played Marines more than once.
:you have no problems with cathedrals in space
:you purchase an item not for the content but for the packaging that would make a great piece of terrain.
:your command/hq models have names, painted on their bases and exact kills recorded in a small bound journal.
:you have ever tried to model and paint the "A-Team" in any form with any set of models.
:the arms, backpacks and feet of all of your marines, terminators and characters are magnetized and have all options ready for any battle.
:you think the Space Marine was original to 40k.

arch_inquisitor
04-04-2009, 06:00
:you have played, quit, re-purchased and played Marines more than once.

Oh man guilty. although the gap was like ten years.:D

nanktank
04-04-2009, 06:10
You consider every dinosaur & front end loader in the $2 shop for convertability into squiggoths, wartrucks/battlewagons.
You view everything in the world in terms of suitabilty for terrain making.

Sir_Lunchalot
04-04-2009, 06:14
You have Imperial Guard Armies.
You work for GW.
You quit GW and your final bitz by weight order is measured in kilograms.
You consider moving, simply to have room for a 40k table in your house.
Your entertainment budget might as well be sent directly to your FLGS
You remember the last time this exact thread came up.
You started said thread.

You are me, and all of the above are true.

Apocalyptica
04-04-2009, 09:29
...when you build rhinos assembly line style and can put them together all the way with no glue at all

...when you can do this blindfold

NightrawenII
04-04-2009, 09:32

Lol.

When you paint your car red so that it goez fasta!!"

Well, i think there is reason for Ferrari to be red.;)

Hey! I pray to Omnissiah every time i go to electronic labs.;)

:your command/hq models have names, painted on their bases and exact kills recorded in a small bound journal.

Guilty.:evilgrin:

When some one yells "cockroach" you ask for a las-cannon. When one is not forth coming, you begin declaring "exterminatus" on the general vicinity of the "bug alert" because you realize that it is too late for these poor souls. They were probably infested already anyway.

Someone says, "I'm allergic to spores" and you think, "Who isn't, those things explode!"

You make threats to people involving drop pods and certain red-armored marines...

When someone refers to an angry nun you hit the deck because you think bolter shells will begin flying

ElGenerals
04-04-2009, 09:40
Your buddies caught the cold and call you a Nurgling because you had a cold before them.

Iverald
04-04-2009, 09:42
When you mistake "multi media" for "multi-melta".

Actually happened to me quite a lot of times. :D

Awilla the Hun
04-04-2009, 09:47
When you speak in D6 terms whilst playing monopoly

When you form your Risk pieces up for a Rhino Rush.

When you have named every officer and sergeant in your army several times over.

athamas
04-04-2009, 10:58
when you have seen this post come up several times before...

When you have a chain axe...
When it actually works,
when it has a kill count...

GeneralDisaster
04-04-2009, 11:06
...you have the fantasic idea of producing 40K paintballing gear...

(I can't say I produced the gear, but I do use it...)

Sir_Turalyon
04-04-2009, 11:17
You comment revolting food / motion sickness as "Assault 1 template" .

... Or when you understand such comment and find it funny.

... And they actualy help :eek: .

...you have the fantasic idea of producing 40K paintballing gear...

Wantonewantonewantone!

MajorWesJanson
04-04-2009, 11:22
...when you can do this blindfold

Haven't tried it yet, but it the pieces are clipped and cleaned first, I can see it being easy. Or even if they weren't, but I have enough knife wounds.

ChrisMurray
04-04-2009, 11:24
When someone tries to start a fight with you in a pub, you get a d6 out, roll a 6 and drop to the floor saying you failed your armour save.

blackcherry
04-04-2009, 12:41
A scary amount of these apply to me, so I think I will add my own:

You no longer notice when you get knife cuts on your fingers.

Xenon
04-04-2009, 12:55
...You call a flashlight lasgun.

...You buy 2-pack of coke and you call it twinlinked.

...You have got any of two of same items together and you call it twinlinked.

...You see a round cage of a parrot and you think about converting it to Imperial fortress.

...You go "footslogga" instead of walking to somewhere..

...You are driving car you are "Mechanized"

...You are hanging outside with your friends you are thinking about your squad formation and who is sergenant.

...You slip on ice you and you fall you are thinking that you must have failed pinning test..

...You call policemen "Adeptus arbites"

...You call a mechanic "Adeptus mechanicus"

...You have a high fewer or you are sick and you are demanding to see an apotechary

...You are having heart attack and you are thinking: "Hey no problem, I am space marine I still have another heart left."

...You almost drown to a swimming pool becouse you didn't remember that you are not a space marine and you cannot breath underwater.

...You are very dissapointed becouse you can't spit acid like space marines

...You are seeing dreams of being space marine.

...You wear same coloured clothes as your favourite chapters' colours are

...You see bug on your floor you call it gaunt or nid

...You call your school principal inquisitor and other teachers are his/her retinue

...Your favourite words are "For the emperor!"

...You realize you could continue making this list forever

Lol.
Well, i think there is reason for Ferrari to be red.;)

Actually I remember that there has been made a research which showed that people who drive red car get more speed penalty tickets compared to people who have a car of different colour. So there is another reason why red goes fastaaa!!!!

Xenon
04-04-2009, 13:15
...You are playing two 40k games at two different tables at the same time

...You think how handy it would be if you could deep strike.

...You have your own iron halo which is made out of ironwire.

...You wear purity seals.

ChrisMurray
04-04-2009, 13:22
You roll a d6 to see how far you can run at the start of a marathon.

Giganthrax
04-04-2009, 13:31
When you honestly believe that painted models roll better dice then unpainted ones.

Born Again
04-04-2009, 13:32
When you take leadership checks every time you meet a hot chick

Genuine lol :D

:you assign armor values to different models and makes of real life cars
:you see bullet-proof vests and immediately think "5+ armor save"

I am guilty, I confess :p

When you watch an action/ military movie and constantly think, "A space marine could've done that better". Again, guilty.

Captain Micha
04-04-2009, 13:36
When you buy a DVD, you look at the box and get excited about the building material you've just gotten, rather than the DVD.

colmarekblack
04-04-2009, 14:07
When you speak in D6 terms whilst playing monopoly

When you have named every officer and sergeant in your army several times over.

Guilty as charged :D

tacoo
04-04-2009, 15:08
when you attempt to talk/type like a ork

blackroyal
04-04-2009, 15:53
Your non-wargaming friends look at you funny when you play other games and refer to D6/D12/D20.
There are no free spaces in your room/modeling area. Any spaces that once were clear have multiple levels of plastic/paint jars on them.

Thud
04-04-2009, 15:56
-When you don't go out on a Saturday night with your friends because you know you won't be able to get any painting done hungover on the Sunday.
-When you decide not to go on an abroad summer holiday, because you'd rather spend the money on a new army.
-When you go to the LGS for a pot of purple paint and end up spending 100.
-When you have a favourite paint. Not decided by colour; decided by taste.

Fire Harte
04-04-2009, 16:08

im guilty of that with necrons, but they dont really count, no options really so its simple.

:D Guilty!

----

...when you start preaching the imperial faith (sorry if it has been mentioned, I'm too busy playing 40k :angel:)

Sheena Easton
04-04-2009, 16:16
You use "WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" as a swear word.

Hicks
04-04-2009, 16:18
When you honestly believe that painted models roll better dice then unpainted ones.

I used to hope this was true, but the amount of times my flyrant missed with all it's attacks on the charge only to be splattered next proved this theory wrong. Now I'm afraid to paint my models.

FashaTheDog
04-04-2009, 16:28
I drive a convertable and have called it opened topped. I've also burned myself cooking and joked that I failed my armor save on the overheat roll.

Chaos Dude
04-04-2009, 16:42
You use "WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" as a swear word.
Many times I've been thinking of using it as a swear word, though I wouldn't like all the attention I would probably get so I havn't tried it yet, but soon, yes soon hopefully. WAAAGH!

Also, some of mine:

- When you can tell what color you're using based on taste (probably impossible, but if you REALLY play and paint enough warhammer, who knows?)

- When someone speaks about aliens you instantly react by saying ''Xeno scums!'' without thinking.

- To have luck on your tests you wear as much blue as you can on the test day. (A bit guilty actually, as unlucky I was it didn't work very much, should've wore more blue damnit.)

carldooley
04-04-2009, 16:58
When you check out the toy sections in every store you go in, to find neat bits for chaos vehicles. :D

sorry, its wings for me!

when you make lists in your sleep
when you make lists at work on break and when you are working
when you production line your painting because otherwise it'll never get done.

Mouldsta
04-04-2009, 17:27
Going to the takeaway after a night out is referred to as "the burger phase" in our group.
Falling over is also known as "failing an initiative test" (necromunda)

cleansingfury
04-04-2009, 18:25
When you can assemble a tank of any race without needing the directions.
When you have different bricks of dice for each of your armies.
When you build tanks as brothers of each other.
When you name your squads downto the last man even when there are hundreds of models in your collection, and remember them.
When all of your bits dont fit inside a staples box. (those are about the size of 4 good size shoe boxes)

The Highlander
04-04-2009, 18:25
When someone mentions PDF and the first thing that goes though your head is Planetary Defence Force.

Awilla the Hun
04-04-2009, 18:35
I'm guilty of the PDF one.

And a few others:

When you start thinking that all other aliens/enemies are wusses compared to anything from 40k (guilty and true.)

When you start to write fantasy novels based on warhammer 40k (also guilty. And not of the relatively respectable "Space Knights", but of the "Human waves of close order riflemen with commissars walking behind them" type.)

maelstrom66669
04-04-2009, 18:37
Going to the takeaway after a night out is referred to as "the burger phase" in our group.

funniest one yet

RichBlake
04-04-2009, 19:15
The most honest one?

"When you waste far too much money and spend far too much time playing toy soldiers with your friends 4 nights a week"

Still, don't see myself stopping yet :p

cleansingfury
04-04-2009, 19:46
The most honest one?

"When you waste far too much money and spend far too much time playing toy soldiers with your friends 4 nights a week"

Still, don't see myself stopping yet :p

No here is a worse one:
When you own well over $2.5k of models and do not have any close friends who do the hobby.

When you think that hot pockets are perfect for dinner because they take up so little work space and don't get shavings tuck in it as easily.
When you fantasize your army is real... "You'll be sorry when the strike force rolls in!"
When you can accidently drill through the model you are working on and into your finger without pain.

Calibrate
04-04-2009, 20:20
No here is a worse one:
When you own well over $2.5k of models and do not have any close friends who do the hobby.

When you think that hot pockets are perfect for dinner because they take up so little work space and don't get shavings tuck in it as easily.
When you fantasize your army is real... "You'll be sorry when the strike force rolls in!"
When you can accidently drill through the model you are working on and into your finger without pain.

You've got FNP included in your points cost huh?

Deon
04-04-2009, 20:41
When all your characters names are based on the names from your family and friends, and you use their personalty for special rules

Threeshades
04-04-2009, 21:13
When all your characters names are based on the names from your famlie and friends, and you use their personalty for special rules

When your family and friends are the characters in your armies.

monopeludo
04-04-2009, 22:57
When your family and friends are the characters in your armies.
Damm... My father could be a great Inquisitor Lord. Maybe I should start modeling his head.

HisBrettness
05-04-2009, 01:09
When you name real colours by there Warhammer counterparts

Lord Cook
05-04-2009, 01:12
When someone mentions PDF and the first thing that goes though your head is Planetary Defence Force.

Lol. Too true.

When do you play too much 40K?

> When you can recite the points costs of every option and every unit in your entire codex, from memory.

> When somebody says something perfectly innocent like "It was chaos at work today" and instead of thinking about disruption at work, you're actually thinking a about a full-blown daemonic incursion.

cleansingfury
05-04-2009, 01:43
When you see a car crash and you think they rolled poorly on their ramming roll.
When you go off roading and you see someone stuck and all you can think to say is "so you rolled a 1 on your difficult terrain check?"
When you go shooting and you burn yourself on the bolt just to go "damn... forgot it gets hot on a 1..."
When you get into a fight and you wonder why you don't have more attacks then the other guy.

With the exception of the final one these have all happened to me...

blameless
05-04-2009, 02:03
when you start threads like this :D

blameless
05-04-2009, 02:03
when you reply to threads like this :cries:

RichBlake
05-04-2009, 02:11
Lol. Too true.

> When you can recite the points costs of every option and every unit in your entire codex, from memory.

That's me :(

I can even be tested on the slang terms in the back of the Imperial Guard codex ans score 9/10 :p

Razarael
05-04-2009, 07:27
when?you?read?and?reply?to?this?thread?on?a?cell?p hone

harrytheschmuck
05-04-2009, 13:56
You consider every dinosaur & front end loader in the $2 shop for convertability into squiggoths, wartrucks/battlewagons.
You view everything in the world in terms of suitabilty for terrain making.

bang on, i always do this

Ironmonger
05-04-2009, 14:37
You've got FNP included in your points cost huh?

When you make this joke :p

When you and a few mates invent a drinking game called Boozehammer that involves scatter and either artillery or sustained fire dice \m/:evilgrin:\m/

Bergioyn
05-04-2009, 15:36

I fear I may be guilty of this one.

Born Again
05-04-2009, 15:37
When you and a few mates invent a drinking game called Boozehammer that involves scatter and either artillery or sustained fire dice \m/:evilgrin:\m/

Please elaborate! :p

Bigbot
05-04-2009, 16:37
On the morning of your wedding you take 2 dice around with you and make several leadership tests to make sure you don't run.

Xenobane
05-04-2009, 16:54

Nice :D

How about when you plan days off work weeks in advance to catch up with PhD work only to spend the entire thing putting together a Baneblade...

is that the time...?

:eek:

Lord Dan
05-04-2009, 19:00
On the morning of your wedding you take 2 dice around with you and make several leadership tests to make sure you don't run.

What was your leadership?

Hicks
05-04-2009, 19:15
I think you shouldn't risk getting wed unless your have the fearless USR.

Bunnahabhain
05-04-2009, 21:15
I think you shouldn't risk getting wed unless your have the fearless USR.

But we all know that most women have the stubborn USR ( also referred to as being contrary just because she can...), and we know Stubborn is generally better than Fearless.

I'm certainly guilty of having preferred paint colours, being able to write Guard lists accurately from memory (limited useful options and memory for useless things....) and a couple of the others

How about planning to replace two dozen standard IG vehicles with 1:48 scale tamiya, projected cost ~400, just to fix the scale issue?

Ironmonger
05-04-2009, 23:35
Please elaborate! :p

Clockwise, you take tyrns with your mates around the table rolling a scatter and an artillery dice (sustained or any other dice could work, too). Who ever it lands on, they have to drink half the number of fingers as on the arti dice (or, regular dice, the number). A hit means you have to drink yourself. A misfire (or a 6) and everyone drinks 2 fingers. A hit and misfire (:evilgrin:) everyone drinks 5 fingers FOR THE EMPEROR!

Bigbot
06-04-2009, 00:21
What was your leadership?

9, with a chaos glory re-roll (which I needed once)

Despoiler
06-04-2009, 00:32
when you watch war,sci-fi and/or action movies and your only thought is: "yeah... thats good, but a (insert 40k character/unit/race here) could have done it better"

for example at the end of terminator 3: rise of the mechines when the nukes are falling.
my only real thought was "yeah thats cool, but an inquistor lord and a fleet of imperial ships could have done it better".

and rambo.
"yeah this is good, but an unarmoured marine would have just ripped there heads off, which visually would be much cooler than just shooting them".

in die hard when the swat try to use an armoured car to get into the building then shortly after to gets blown up by a stinger missle.
"tsh! i would have used a squad of terminators in a land raider, chances are the rocket would have just caused a glancing hit"

40kdhs
06-04-2009, 01:23
You know you are playing too much 40k when you have been in the club for 8+ hours a day.

Eldartank
06-04-2009, 01:56

What's this "honestly believe" crap? Come on, man! Anyone with half a brain knows that painted models really DO get better dice rolls! It's a scientifically proven fact!

;)

Lord Dan
06-04-2009, 02:16
You know you are playing too much 40k when you have been in the club for 8+ hours a day.

I think if this were true we'd all be playing too much 40K.

Imperius
06-04-2009, 02:41
...When people actualy post in a thread like this.

Edit: CRAP, guilty.

Calibrate
06-04-2009, 06:31
When you spend your beer money on Warhammer.......

a squig
06-04-2009, 08:21
seeing 10 people dressed up as tannith at your local airsofting site inculding gaunt

you act try again bragg in said group but dont have an heavy bolter but two g3`s instead :D

getting excuted by gaunt for yelling dakka dakka and waggggh by gaunt :(

You wish you had a hive fleet at your dispoal and start making world domination plans with them.

You surpoort the aliens in Aleins vs Predator and yell "FIX" when the kroot kill the hive tyrant, Sorry i mean queen.

Ravensgard
06-04-2009, 08:56
When you watch the news and blame Chaos for all the mischiefs and suffer in the world
When you play a game of paintball with friends and you suddenly charge and yell "FOR THE EMPORER"
When you are looking at a strange bug and wondering if this would be a scout for a tyranid invasion
When you think that the local and global politics is infiltrated by chaos or some kind to leave our planet defenseless for an invasion
when you are linking every movie with the warhammer universe
You believe that when the mayan calender ends, the old ones will return (or maybe the Emporer)

NightrawenII
06-04-2009, 09:13
When you see poster of ezoteric club and you think "Ha, hidden Slaanesh cult."

Edit: Guilty of course.;)

commander of the marines
06-04-2009, 09:27
Lol. Too true.

> When somebody says something perfectly innocent like "It was chaos at work today" and instead of thinking about disruption at work, you're actually thinking a about a full-blown daemonic incursion.

woops guilty on all three of them maybe second not totaly (might foget a piece of wargear) but know the most of both my codexes

Silentexile
06-04-2009, 09:31
You know by heart which page a given quote is on in your codex. (Not guilty...yet)

I'm guilty on the being able to build a list by memory though, might get things off a little on units I've never considered using though.

Deon
06-04-2009, 10:58
What's this "honestly believe" crap? Come on, man! Anyone with half a brain knows that painted models really DO get better dice rolls! It's a scientifically proven fact!

;)

damn i have to get some painting do, and fast :p

Lord Of The Avatars
06-04-2009, 11:05
QUOTE=Ravensgard;3442001]When you watch the news and blame Chaos for all the mischiefs and suffer in the world
When you play a game of paintball with friends and you suddenly charge and yell "FOR THE EMPORER"
When you are looking at a strange bug and wondering if this would be a scout for a tyranid invasion
When you think that the local and global politics is infiltrated by chaos or some kind to leave our planet defenseless for an invasion
when you are linking every movie with the warhammer universe
You believe that when the mayan calender ends, the old ones will return (or maybe the Emporer)[/QUOTE]

Rofl! r u like the only one besides me that believes that the apocalypse is arriving in 2012? Ravensguard u own man, and ure points are the only ones that are funny! (and yes, i am guilty of the mayan calender point!!:evilgrin::wtf::angel:)

Brucopeloso
06-04-2009, 11:10
you are not married....... once you are married you just don't play enough 40K anymore :cries:

Corn Berserker
06-04-2009, 14:13
When you're in the REME and answer 'techpriest' when folk ask your occupation. Also when you recite the 'litany of the rifle' to ensure a better day on the ranges.

Threeshades
06-04-2009, 14:27
When you use the the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer in your games with Imperial Guard more than the Codex.

mukelnas
06-04-2009, 17:52
when you watch war,sci-fi and/or action movies and your only thought is: "yeah... thats good, but a (insert 40k character/unit/race here) could have done it better"

when I saw Iron Man, at the part when Tony Stark uses his prototype to escape, I actualy heard someone in the theater say "Power armor is better", I laughed loudly and got shushed.

Mozzamanx
06-04-2009, 18:05
When you host a 24 hour Warhammer marathon for charity.

Oh yes we did.

Inquisitor_Tolheim
06-04-2009, 18:42
When you host a 24 hour Warhammer marathon for charity.

Oh yes we did.

Woohoo! Now that's a cool idea. What charity did you support?

>When your army contains more converted models then vanilla ones.
>When you can play a large apocalypse game against yourself without using all your models.
>When Forgeworld gives you a frequent shopper discount.

Saim-Hann Lord
06-04-2009, 19:16
Yeah I'm guilty of being able to write a list for my three armies from memory. I struggle most with the nid biomorphs though.

What about when you spend 6 weeks without a job and every day from ten til six you're there. Painting your Saim-Hann force and you only leave for a periodic interview or a tiolet break? After three weeks I was an honourary staff member and the manager got me into trouble for being 15 minutes late. A week later I didn't turn up at all and one of the blue-shirts called my mobile to find out if I was still alive!! :D

Da Black Gobbo
06-04-2009, 19:34
: everytime you see a nun you think "Battle sisters!"

: you rememeber special rules and point costs of all you armies.

: you think about a deep strike and you really are droping out of the car after parking.

Fire Harte
06-04-2009, 19:38
You summarily execute anyone on your team who takes a step backwards in paintball.

When 40k appears at you wedding:
http://www.brandxpainting.com/tc_40k_wedding_cake_topper

Not guilty of either but that's a cool wedding peice.

Threeshades
06-04-2009, 19:47
>When your army contains more converted models then vanilla ones.

Soon-to-be guilty. I was gonna rebuild my eldar as Exodites

You actually go to the tabletop club to play Mathhammer

Corn Berserker
06-04-2009, 20:14
When you consider how many turns it would tale you to walk to the shop or when you role 2 dice to feel okay if you get separated more than 2 inches from your mates in the pub. You light up incense and chant while upgrading your PC.

Hamarpain
06-04-2009, 21:42
;When you pray starting up your car or any mechanical thing.
;When you refer large cities as hives.
;When someone uses a laser pointer and you expect it to go FREEM.

PreacherGerry
06-04-2009, 22:18
You know you play too much Warhammer 40K when you spend more time around your Sisters of Battle army than around real girls.

Oathwarden
06-04-2009, 22:33
-when you start looking for models and bits to do conversions based on your friends

Reichsiege
07-04-2009, 00:19
-You shout "Blood for the Blood God" on a paintball field and someone on the opposing team shouts "For the Emperor"
-You've ever considered assaulting in a paintball game
-You've ever gotten more kills in close-comat then shooting in a paintball game
-You've ever tried to convince your friend's girlfriend to play Sisters of Battle for his birthday
-You've ever been almost hit by a car and thought it was trying to tank shock to
-You've ever tried to Death or Glory a car attempting to tank shock you
-You've ever managed to immobilze a car attempting to tank shock you
-You've ever seen a burning car on the side of the freeway and complained about the lack of armour on civilian cars

DaSpaceAsians
07-04-2009, 01:05
-You've referred your friends with different titles such as Warmaster, Lord Solar, Lord.
-You've got a friend you consider your commissar.
-You always carry your rulebook,codex and army lists around.
-You've given yourself a title in Warhammer.
-You've once said By the Emperor...
-You've threatened to kill someone with a flashlight.
-When you go on school trip, you refer to the guys following you as your squad.
-You've invented special rules and wargear for yourselves.
-You carry excentric equipement and refer to them as Trademark Items.
-You mutter prayers to the Emperor or your god(s) of Chaos
-You don't want things, you requisition them in the Name of the Emperor
-You tell people to trust in the Emperor.
-You've wished summary executions or the presence of a commissar when someone really annoys you.
-You passionately defend the Imperial Guard's honour by playing against every little noobs that claim they suck.
-You pray to the Emperor for better grades
-You help your broken-hearted friends by making up legendary quotes inspired by Imperial Guard Heroes and their finest hours.
-You shout For The Emperor when doing something impossible.
-You constantly discuss 40k tactics and backgrounds with a friend while another looks and is all confused.
-You think that every jerk you've met is either a mutant or a heretic or a traitor.

Threeshades
07-04-2009, 01:57
-You think that every jerk you've met is either a mutant or a heretic or a traitor.

-You've chased that person with a lighter and a spray can

Skyrir
07-04-2009, 02:11
When you get sick and don't hafta go to work, you catch yourself thinking "Praise the Plaguefather!". Then you paint all day.

You spend more money on models than you do on food on a monthly basis.

You wear Warhammer clothing.

's all I got.

Remoah
07-04-2009, 03:10
When you organize lasertag games, simply to scream 'for the emperor' and charge across the arena.

antin3
07-04-2009, 03:40
-When you have ANY extra cash you think on terms of blisters or boxes.
-When your significant other would go into a berzerker rage if she knew how much money you have actually spend on miniatures.
-When you have a room full of so much merchandise that you don't even know what you have any more.
-conversely, if you have piles of sprues and bits boxes lying around and you can identify to the piece what is in every box.
-When you watch any kind of war movie or scene you start thinking of the armies in GW terms, ie Zulu, Aliens, Enemy at the Gate, Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, Starship Troopers...

Threeshades
07-04-2009, 03:56
-When you are asked which army you collect and you rather count up the armies you don't collect. Because that number barely exceeds 1.
-When you wonder why nobody wants to play airsoft tournaments against you since you showed up with your custom made assault cannon. Even though it even fires explosive ammunition.
-When your plasma tv melts after you pressed the "1" button on the remote
-When you are a soldier on a combat mission and each time you hide behind something any shots passing your cover completely ignore your kevlar vest
-When you refer to locust swarms as the "Great Devourer"
-When you dont have any kitchen knives at home because you just cant seem to find a place that sells monomolecular-bladed ones
-When you found a store that sells monomolecular blades
-When you are at the sunday mess and wonder why they keep calling the emperor "Jesus"
-When your car actually can go 2 mph faster since you had it painted red
-When your dog evolved spinefists and toxin sacs because you were willing it to be so
-When you call your siblings your "sword brethren" and/or "sisters of battle"
-When your Avatar of Khaine model is so realistically converted that you can only move it with a blacksmith's tong. And even then you can only hold it briefly.
-When your Eldar models are not made from plastic or white metal, but wraithbone
-When you can safely ignore whatever they tell you about the afterlife in religion class/at church/the synagogue/the mosque, because you always have your spirit stone nearby.
-When you are anyhow involved in this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PEU_201IfI)
-When you work at a store that has a workers' uniform consisting mostly of a red shirt and sells products only published by one and the same company
-When you know exactly what happened in M38.654 and how this code translates to todays christian time date-system.
-When you know all contradictions in 40k fluff by heart
-When you win a golden daemon for best large scale model without bringing any models to the games day
-When you win a golden daemon for best vehicle the very moment you park your car outside the convention hall
-When your architecture-designs are always discarded by possible customers because they don't understand how space-efficient the hive-principle is
-When your future neighbours refuse to let you build your house out of the same reason
-When your testament says your body should be encased in a Dreadnought Sarcophagus
-When you wonder why the gretchins of your Klan seem to grow to full-scale boyz size within 14 to 18 years
-When you linger around this forum at five in the morning because you dont feel like anything else (sleeping included).

I just caught myself at that last one.

UndeadPhoenix
07-04-2009, 04:39
-When you and anyone else argue, you reply with, "The stars themselves once lived and died at my command, and yet you still oppose my will."
-When you see a Space Marine in Aliens and think, "What the hell? No, those aren't Space Marines! They're I-Guard!"
-When you see a Space Marine model and thank your Farseer for remembering to pack the Starcannons.

I don't know how good these are...

MajorWesJanson
07-04-2009, 04:46
-When you add the UK pound to USD conversion tool to Vista so you can keep track of how much forge world stuff would cost you to order...

Tommygun
07-04-2009, 08:05
You know your playing too much 40k when...

You hit the $10,000 dollar life time limit for free Paypal on Ebay buying all your 40k stuff in less than 16 months.

DarkPrince
07-04-2009, 08:09
When, half way through a maths test, u yell out "Death to The Emperor!"

Hamarpain
07-04-2009, 09:36
;When Tyranids in a all-you-can-eat buffet really scares you
;When you act like one in a all-you-can-eat buffet.
;When the biggest guy in your group of friends is the Boss
;When you refer him as da Nob

tacoo
08-04-2009, 02:07
Threeshades, how much of that is true with you?

Threeshades
08-04-2009, 02:47
The ones with the plasma tv and the dog.

But seriously only the last one. I dont have a dog.

Azriel45
08-04-2009, 02:51
When you try to decide if you could penetrate the armor of the person that just cut you off in traffic.

When you consider buying a video game and the first thing you think is..."but i could get a land raider for that price..."

And sadly I don't even get to play that much. what with the closest gaming club being at least a 2 hour drive.

tacoo
09-04-2009, 02:00
i just thought of another one
-when you PRay to the emperor that you dont crash AGAIN on you way to the gaming club

we have been into 5 acidents, and nearly hit a Cop car. so thats 6, also i have only gone up to the club 7 times (once with a friend) so i think im cursed

sabre4190
09-04-2009, 02:32
When you start saying imperial mantra as a motivational tool. I would like to say I've never done it, or that ive done it as kind of a joke. I was pretty shocked when i was actually using almost automatically once.

I was even more shocked to find out that it worked.

Lord_of_end_times
09-04-2009, 02:37
... when you are ask by every single 40k player you ever meet, 'Your last name is Gorka and you don't play orks'. One Love
-Gorka

LordofWar1986
09-04-2009, 02:43
When you are with a girl and ruin a passionate (or anything that is passionate) moment by quietly quoting "Infiltrating enemy territory."

The same could be said for "Death from above!!" when your with the gf/wife, that could definitely kill any steamy moments.

:p

Wolf Sgt Kirke
09-04-2009, 06:41
When you're in the REME and answer 'techpriest' when folk ask your occupation. Also when you recite the 'litany of the rifle' to ensure a better day on the ranges.

oh so true, i even got an adeptus mechanicus badge and converted a russ to look like a CRARRV because the trojan looks like a WW2 recovery tank.

When you use the the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer in your games with Imperial Guard more than the Codex.

So true, i've even tried to pep talk losing players with the words - "The Emporer protects".

:you pray to your primarch/the Emporer for important dice rolls.
:when you get pissy if someone writes/types Emporer with a lower case 'e'.
:when you make a model in your guard army to represent you.
:when you are gutted when said model dies ignobly
:when you care more about being able to field lovingly converted miniatures than tactical ability in your lists.
:when you dream of how an up coming battle will go.
:when your smack talk pre, during and post game consists of threats of excommunicas diabolus!
:when you cannot beat eldar because you still are obsessivly annoyed by warp spiders from 2nd ed and chase them round the board trying to kill them in close combat!
:when you think close combat is more honourable than shooting - and lose your space wolves trying to kill a c'tan this way!

Tal'Shar Caltarin
09-04-2009, 07:57
You know you play too much 40k when...

...you demand an armor save after your friend punches you in the mouth.

...every last one of your Termagants are magnetized.

...you cackle maniacally at hearing the word "Genestealer." Upon hearing the word "Broodlord," you start singing "Jizzed in my pants."

...all money figures appear as fractions of units in your mind. A Baconator becomes four Termagants.

...you have something funny to say on this thread. : )

Lordmonkey
09-04-2009, 11:00
- You see a mosh pit and charge in, screaming "WAAAGH!"

Inquisitor S.
09-04-2009, 12:07
:when you get pissy if someone writes/types Emporer with a lower case 'e'.

Actually people not being able to write Emperor instead of Emporer are much worse...

Griffin
09-04-2009, 13:08
What are you talking about? My Motorcycle DOES have turboboost! Take yours back to the dealer and demand an upgrade.

...you get your army badge tatooed on your shoulder.

...you have the Lexicanum and a minimum of three warhammer forums bookmarked to open in your browser simultaneously.

...you've ever started an argument over the physics of bolters/lasweapons/etc.

...You custom model all your imperial guard tanks so they have sloped armor, then refuse to allow other players to have the "extra armor" upgrade if they don't do the same.

Damn - spot on :0

EDIT: What's the imperial Mantra ?

NightrawenII
09-04-2009, 14:07
When this
"The Emporer protects".or this

:you pray to your primarch/the Emporer for important dice rolls. fill you with unholy RAGE.

Edit:

When you are with a girl and ruin a passionate (or anything that is passionate) moment by quietly quoting "Infiltrating enemy territory."

The same could be said for "Death from above!!" when your with the gf/wife, that could definitely kill any steamy moments.

"Moving to position."
"Pray to Emperor for giving us this point!"

Deon
09-04-2009, 21:56
when you start dreaming to take over the world and then do so , then you start calling your self the Emperor
next you start making super humans and try to conquer the galaxy.
just a thought of mine:D

Roguebaron
10-04-2009, 01:47
you walk into a store and are recognized by the army you play, not by your name.

You can remember all the important changes in the game since Rogue Trader.

You still have unpainted rogue trader era figures that you will get around to eventually.

you spend more time wondering if the new shelves you bought will support the current weight of your army.

you have your lgs on speeddial to place orders.

Scary that I'm guilty of all of this. How the h#ll did I ever get married.

Khornate Fireball (Ork)
10-04-2009, 07:39
You know you play too much 40K when you read Warseer instead of Dustloop and aren't caught up with the "You know you play too much Guilty Gear when..." thread. Actually, it's when you stop playing too much Guilty Gear.

DaSpaceAsians
12-04-2009, 22:59

You summarily executed them.
You want to make a model of yourself and use some special character's rules
You call the National Guard the American PDF
You call your bike/car a dedicated transport
You think that you have Prefered Enemy against some of you ennemies.
You think you have Hit and Run because you've managed to get away from alot of fights
You think you have Move through cover because you've never fall down on the ice or never get caught in branches
You see someone getting dissed and you think:There goes his invulnerable
You get headaches and you think that you failed your Perils of the Warp test
You wished you had a Lasgun simply cause you have a huge clip
You want an airstrike and you call the Navy
You think that stuff that goes out of production is because the STC has been lost
You constantly advise your friends that have difficulty choose what hairdo/clothes to roll a dice
You consider modeling your friends as a squad in your army and asking what wargear they want on their model.
You try not to get your friend squad killed except in a glorious sacrifice.
You consider yourself Drop Troops when you travel by plane
You try to find a drivable Leman Russ
You tell tales of how your army kicked someone's else when your friends want you to tell stories.