PDA

View Full Version : [WotR] Q and A

Axis
04-04-2009, 06:22
So there is loads of threads popping up where people are making lots of little threads. Thought we could start a bigger thread here so you can ask your questions and the knowledgable can answer them. Hopefully this'll stop so many new threads being made.

My question is pretty simple. I went halves with a mate on a bundle deal at my local GW. He got 3 boxes of urak-hai, command, 1 box of wargs. i got 3 boxes of elves, 2 blisters of command and gil-gilad+elrond and we got one rulebook. I let him take it first since i have an essay to write. However, now i am procrastinating and was wondering if i can take allies from lots of different areas for my 25% allies.

So can i play elves and have some numoreans (spelled wrong probably.. sorry) which i think come from the gondor and arnor section and some ents from the forgotten kingdoms as allies? or can i only have one set?

VerifiablySane
04-04-2009, 07:34
There's nothing I can see which prevents taking allies from all the factions available to your allegiance, and the initial bit of fluff talks about "two or more factions coming together" in Middle-Earth history.

takaetun
04-04-2009, 08:49
Yes. Read the italicised text at the bottom of page 86. It stipulates that the Rohan example army now contains a unit of wood elf sentinels, and can add more from Rohan, Elves "or even a third faction, prodiding he does not exceed the total number of points he can spend on allies."