PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Empire

Walls
04-04-2009, 08:17
Howdy all,

It's been a while since I posted a fantasy army list but I am once again toying with starting Empire. Here's a list I came up with using the Army Box, Battalion Box Reinforcement Box and a few extras. Critique always fun... but no WAltars, Stanks or named characters please. :)

1 General of the Empire General; Barding; Hand Weapon; Handgun
1 Warhorse
1 Sword of Righteous Steel
1 Armor of Meteoric Iron
1 Sigil of Sigmar
1 Icon of Magnus

Captain of the Empire
1 Captain of the Empire (Battle Standard Bearer) Hand Weapon; Full Plate Armor; Battle Standard Bearer
1 Griffon Standard

Battle Wizard
Level 2 Upgrade
1 Wizard's Staff
1 Dispel Scroll
1 Talisman of Protection

Battle Wizard
Level 2 Upgrade
1 Power Stone
1 Van Horstman's Speculum

8 Knightly Orders
Musician Mus; Barding; Hand Weapon; Lance & Shield (x8); Full Plate Armor

19 Swordsmen
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield
1 Duellist
5 [Det] Halberdiers
5 [Det] Handgunners

19 Swordsmen
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield
1 Duellist
5 [Det] Halberdiers
5 [Det] Handgunners

9 Handgunners
1 Marksman Hochland Long Rifle

10 Crossbowmen
Musician

6 Pistoliers
Musician Mus

6 Outriders
1 Outrider Champion Hochland Long Rifle

20x Flagellants

1 Great Cannon
1 Great Cannon
1 Helblaster Volley Gun

Total Roster Cost: 2247

bob_the_small
04-04-2009, 10:01
That's a good list although this is a bit confusing :

9 Handgunners
1 Marksman Hochland Long Rifle

I would suggest dropping the talisman of protection from your wizard along with the wizards staff and mak him a scroll caddy. (x2 scrolls on him) :D

I would drop the power stone from your other wizard and give him a dispel scroll.

You dont need the musician on the crossbowmen ( or the pistoliers really)

I would make 1 unit of swordsmen into spearmen.

Please dont just copy from army builder!

BOB

Bies21
04-04-2009, 19:07
A few things. You seem to know how to play the game and what you need but their's a few tweaks I'd make (I'm sure you'd make them yourself once you started playing).

AOMI is a waste on your general. give him full plate and shield and he has a 1+ AS anyway and you get to keep 25 pts for items. My fav combo is Full plate, barded steed, enchanted shield, holy relic and sword of might. 0+AS and 4+ ward makes him pretty reliable to hang around for the game.

The wizard with VHS I'd give sword of battle/ biting blade or Sword of might simply to help boost his combat abilities. Yes you may be swapping stats but your opponent will still get an armour save and usually you'll only be bumped to str4 unless fighting really large nasties.

Many people like Griffon standard and it has it's uses but personally I prefer the Imperial Banner (when used with 3 infantry blocks, 2 in generals range and bannre range, 1 with a character holding Icon of magnus you have a pretty dependable infantry line against fear causes).

Given time you'll probably want to boost your infantry to 25 (again I prefer 30 but most people find 25 fits within pts constraints). 20 has very little room against casualties. Also with such low US the Griffon banner will probably only really be helpful in the 1st or 2nd combat phases as your rank bonuses will be taken out quickly.

Knights. I'd recommend buying another box of these babies and using 3 units of 5 with musician (123pts each). They make great charge re-directors and very nice flankers. Plus with a 1+ AS they're a real pain for your opponent to kill.

Finally Flagellants I find work best in formations 7 wide (most enemy infantry is 5 wide so you get 2 extra models attacking). Thats 14 attacks str5 in the first round, 15 with a POD. I'd recommend dropping them to 14 models or bumping them to 21 (I know 21 is a weird unit size when they come in boxes of 10 but it works).