PDA

View Full Version : Starting a warriors of chaos aemy-tips please

Righteousbrother
04-04-2009, 14:56
Starting with the knights just cos theyll be fun to paint, what direction should i head in,i like slaanesh ::)

rottahn
04-04-2009, 15:57
i would suggest marauder horsemen with throwing axes for your core. or maybe javelins. they are super cheap and do OK if they are still fast cavalry.
i always play with a block of 20 marauders with flails(these guys always break and die)
21 tzeentch warriors(these guys rock)
5 horsemen with throwing axes and light armor(they usually do something good before they die)
8 nurgle knights(rock hardcore)
slaanesh giant(rocks hardcore)

if you like a mono-god army, then do it. i like tzeentch so i have a heavy tzeentch army, with some nurgle and slaanesh. mix-matching your army is the way to go.

Cartoon
05-04-2009, 04:40
Also if you are going to take a lord level character, I would recommend a Lvl 4 Sorcerer Lord over a Chaos Lord any day of the week. Slaanesh and Tzeentch are good marks to take at that level, depending on who you are facing. If you are going against VC, Deamons, or a lot of immune to psych troops stay away from Slaanesh magic.

I'm going to try out two chariots to add some punch and help out my knights, I've heard they can be pretty decent. And yes, Nurgle knights rock, especially with the Frenzy Banner.

SiNNiX
05-04-2009, 05:53
That's funny, I always have a semi-hard time with Nurgle Knights w/ fury banner lol (unless I just take them out with grudge throwers). But they're definately the way to go as far as your knights go. Just as an above poster said, there are way too many things in Warhammer these days that are immune to psychology, making Slaanesh magic almost completely useless against most armies/units. I'd say with low-end magic capability (i.e. you only have like Level 2 wizards and you're not too overly concerned on magic) then Lore of Nurgle is the way to go. 7+ Regen ftw. However, if you want a magic-based army and you're willing to throw some points into it, I'd go with Tzeentch. By the way, don't take any Chosen. Definately not worth the points; you might as well take more warriors. Also, I'd defintely throw in a Slaanesh Giant (so sexy) or even 2. I know what you're thinking: WHATEVER WILL I DO WITHOUT MY WARSHRINE!?!?!? You don't need it, dude. A tournament army should always be built on dependability and anything that requires you to roll on a table (i.e. Screaming Bells and stuff like that) is never worth it imo. You want points put into something you can count on. 2 Slaanesh Giants is great because either A. They'll get shot at drawing enemy fire away from your knights, fast cav, lords, etc., or B. They won't get any enemy attention as they're moving towards your opponent and you can engage them in combat, and I don't know if you've ever seen a Giant in combat, but... it'll definately get its points back if you're smart with what you put it against.

Hope that helped you make your decision at all.

P.S.: DON'T TAKE FORSAKEN! THEY SUCK!

Ultimo ninja
05-04-2009, 09:09
May I suggest a few different options?

Despite what you might hear, Chaos have great options for:

1. Skirmishing (unbreakable T5 spawns)
2. flying (discs for 20 pt each)
3. shooting. (205 point hellcannon or leadbelchers rare)

I use these to add strategic depth to my army, and by that I mean the always useful option of more than one way to beat the enemy.

IMHO, WOC can outmaneuver, outmagic, outcombat, and sometimes even outshoot the enemy...... just try to build an unconventional list and you'll see what I mean!

PS....we also have a greater demon AKA Kholek Suneater..... who is a BEAST!

SiNNiX
05-04-2009, 09:46
PS....we also have a greater demon AKA Kholek Suneater..... who is a BEAST!

If you like him, you should check out my ridiculous 2,250pt army in the Army Lists section. :)

Deman38
05-04-2009, 13:04
As my first "official" post on here , I thought here would be a good start. My intention is not to "take-over " this thread. That being being said Hello to you all and, as of yesterday , I picked up the Warriors of Chaos Spearhead , a unit of Warriors and a Shaggoth Dragon Ogre. Now myself being a rookie and all ,What do I do now ? , other then the assembly process heheh.

SiNNiX
05-04-2009, 18:56
Go to the Army Lists portion of the forums and look around for decent WOC armies. Don't bother looking at mine because it was made just to be silly and isn't a good idea at all.