PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Vampire Coast

thallos
04-04-2009, 15:03
I do not know if this is the correct forum to post this on, but i thought it fit. DO any of you remember the White Dwarf Issue the Had the Pirate Zombie list? i am making the list right now to use at my local game store and i just wanted to ask you about some of the size bases that things came on.

For one, the Bloated Corpse is a Single model unit, it is not a large target, meaning i doubt it is on a 50mm Base. So i ask you, what do you think it would be on? a 25mm or a 40mm? i am betting its on a 40mm though.

and Second, the Rotting Leviathan is a giant Rare Choice Beasty, and it is not a large target either, so i dont know if it would be on a 50mm, so it could possibly be on a 40mm, so i dont really know what it would be on.

Basically i just want your opinons on this, thank you.

Keller
04-04-2009, 15:26
Here is the old FAQ for the Zombie Pirates. It should answer most of your questions (even those not posted yet.) Its a little unclear on some things, if you ask me.

I'd would suggest a Bloated Corpse is on a 20mm, but it could be on a 25mm just as easily. Given the nature of the unit, I doubt it would matter much between the two.

As for the Levathain, I would guess its a 50mm base, given the high stats.

Zombie Pirates FAQ

Q. It appears to be impossible for a Zombie Pirate army to raise models from the dead. Is this correct?
A. Yup.

Q. The rules for Sloppy Cruickshanks Cutlass seem incomplete. Are the effects of the cutlass correct and complete as described?
A. Yup.

Q. Do attacks from "Wharf Rats" count as magical attacks?
A. Yup.

Q. If a character has "Wharf Rats", are they allowed to attack with the Wharf Rats *and* use a brace of pistols or additional hand weapon if so armed?
A. No.

Q. Because the "Hard Stuff" magic item modifies the Toughness of the bearer, when the Toughness test is taken, is it taken on the modified or unmodified Toughness value?
A. The modified - he isn't forced to test until he drinks, after all.

Q. If a character uses either the "Moonshine", "Hard Stuff" or "Firewater" magic items and fails the subsequent Toughness test, do they still benefit from the effect of the item?
A. Yes - it does not say that they don't.

Q. If a character takes the "Slann Gold" item, can they also wear armor?
A. Yes.

Characters
Q. Does a Brace of Pistols receive the "Killing Blow" special ability? If so, under what circumstances?
(a) When used as a missile weapon?
(b) When used in the first round of hand-to-hand combat?
(c) When used in subsequent round of hand-to-hand combat?
A. Only attacks made with a hand weapon benefit from killing blow - not weapons that count as hand weapons.

Q. The rules for the Syreen’s Ethereal ability seem incomplete. Are the effects correct and complete as described?
A. Yup.

Q. Do the attacks of a Syreen count as magical attacks?
A. Nope.

Q. The entry for the Battle Standard Bearer seems incomplete. Are the rules, benefits and effects correct and complete as described?
A. Yup.

Units
Q. Except via the Battle Standard Bearer, no unit can take a magic banner. Is this correct?
A. Yup.

Q. What size base should a "Bloated Corpse" model use? What is its Unit Strength?
A. 1: Single model on foot.

Q. Do Scurvy Dogs use the "Braindead" special rule? Is the "I" value on their profile correct?
A. All models are Braindead

Q. What size base does a Razortooth Rat unit use?
A. 40mm

Q. If a Razortooth Rat unit loses a round of combat, does it suffer additional wounds in a similar way to other units?
A. Yes - they are Undead.

Q. Does a Carronade use the "Black Powder" rule? if so, how?
A. No - they do not require a roll to hit.

Q. If within 12" of the General, can a Carronade benefit from a march move? If so, can it still fire?
A. It can march, but cannot fire.

Q. The Deck Gunners are shown with two models on a cavalry base but have only have 1 wound on their profile. Is this correct?
A. Yup.

Q. Do Deck Gunners guns benefit from the "Armour Piercing" special rule?
A. Yes, they're Hand Guns with different Strength and Range.

Q. Situation: A unit of Deck Gunners or a Gunnery Mob decides to shoot at an enemy unit, only to find that the unit is out of range. Do they still have to take the 'to hit' rolls, check for 1's and take casualties as normal?
A. Yup.

Q. Does Queen Bess use the "Black Powder" rule? if so, how?
A. See Carronade.

As a broader point, this army is not a variant on the Vampire Counts list - it is a list in its own right. You do not need a copy of Vampire Counts to use this army list. Reading it as such would have resolved many of these questions.

thallos
06-04-2009, 20:37
Thank you very much, that all really halps me alot, thanks.

Keller
07-04-2009, 00:25
You're quite welcome.