PDA

View Full Version : Wants to make a dogs of war army

Sir Jimmison
05-04-2009, 00:37
I always have ideas whirling in my head and i have come to a conclusion on a fluffy army that i would enjoy.

This may come as a surprise but i want to a dogs of war army using the rules that do not have regiments of renown, but i would also like to have some models represent solders from Cathay.

The first thing i would like to know is if the dogs of war codex can be used in GW run tournaments.

The next thing is how can i make a dogs of war army, i am thinking using empire spear men with a longer shaft to make the pikes and dark elf crossbows for the crossbows.

The next thing is what units could be Cathay models, i was thinking the heroes, the duellists and the cavalry could be converted but i would like to know how

Thanks in advance for any input people will give

snyggejygge
05-04-2009, 08:55
Yes they're allowed in GW tournaments as well as most other tournaments.

Your imagination is the limit, as long as it is clear what everything is, it should work really nice.

Once again, your own mind is the limitation, if you are a good converter you could probably make the entire army look like they came from Cathay. My first thought would be to look at other companies, but that won't work if you want to use them in GW tournaments, so green-stuff will probably be your best friend along with perhaps some of the LOTR models?

Bies21
05-04-2009, 09:22
Here is a tutorial on how to make Estalian Pikemen from the empire soldiers sprue.

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=28009.0

hope it helps!

DOW are fun if nothing else.

Durloth
05-04-2009, 09:42
And here is a DoW forums that may be of help;

http://www.makephpbb.com/paymaster/index.php?mforum=paymaster

Cypher, the Emperor
05-04-2009, 23:30
Legality depends on what country your in, in the most recent GT (france) they were legal, so whatever.

I would reccomend that you take half dogs and half Kislev, just to get some more competitive units in the mix.

someone2040
06-04-2009, 01:51
Another great Dogs of War website that has started recently, but has big goals is
www.dogsofwaronline.com

Check it out, it's in the growing periods but is a good resource.