PDA

View Full Version : High Elves

Anton
05-04-2009, 01:33
In my opinion, the High Elves got left behind when they had their update. Many armies get plastic kits for their troops, while the High Elves only got new plastic kits for their characters. That was sort of a waste in my opinion.

The metal character models look better anyway. High Elves could use new Swordmasters, White Lions, Seaguard and all three cavalry types.

I just read that the Dark Elves may get a second wave of releases, which made me think. Where is the much needed love for the High Elves?

Alathir
05-04-2009, 02:00
Rumor has it that High Elves will be getting a second wave - in time. Don't hold your breath though.

Desert Rain
05-04-2009, 10:33
We'll just have to wait and see what we get.

wamphyri101
05-04-2009, 10:50
Well since we got the lion chariots with the cool mini kit riders I recon it wouldnt be hard to convert that into a white lion unit set so that should be released in second wave.

Dragon princes can be made from the lord set so wouldnt be hard for GW to make a mini for dragon princes from that.

Swordmasters could be done now looking at the Greatsword plastic sets.

If any get done i recon it will be those.

Only problem is they only just reboxed the metal ones into the comman units/ 5 man box set so I doubt they will waste the money it took to do that soon.

Probably looking at 2010/2011 before new plastics

Kill-Freedom
05-04-2009, 10:58
Empire get new releases in june, surprise surprise, the empire get everything :mad:

Always first :mad:

GW serousily need to bring out the plastic character kits for all armies, not just empire, orcs and high elves

Mireadur
05-04-2009, 12:10
Im personally happy with the full HE range although i wont deny the WL sculpted by dave thomas for the chariot are spectacular as never seen before.

I would be missing hardcore the superb old metal Sea guard models if i wouldnt have got my hands on 2 units of them the past year.

rabitshadow
05-04-2009, 12:32
I personally like the look of our current models, besides I just bought a 3000 point army of 5th ed so either way i have an awesome looking army.

isidril93
05-04-2009, 20:26
i like the look but with the amounts of elites high elves can have they need plastic elites

wamphyri101
05-04-2009, 20:51
I hope your joking about the "Empire get everything" remark.

The reason they are getting new plastics in june is because its going to be
2+ years before they get a new book. Orcs and Goblins will probably get new plastics next and then dwarfs.

Any army that isnt getting a new book within the next 2/3 years will get new models to keep those players interested/spending Money

zak
05-04-2009, 21:56
The High Elves have a great range of miniatures. The only things that need changing IMHO are the Dragon Princes as mixed metal plastic min's are a nightmare and the horse heads fall off if my opponent farts!!

Kill-Freedom
05-04-2009, 22:49
I hope your joking about the "Empire get everything" remark.

The reason they are getting new plastics in june is because its going to be
2+ years before they get a new book. Orcs and Goblins will probably get new plastics next and then dwarfs.

Any army that isnt getting a new book within the next 2/3 years will get new models to keep those players interested/spending Money

Its not the rest of us fault, like space marines, the empire get done and that first all the time :rolleyes:

Empire get done first, while other armies wait 2 years for our armies books/new models to be released LOL

AramilSairSianontel
05-04-2009, 23:12
Seriously now are minis could be better looking. I mean just compare our archers to the wood elf ones. And the white lions have been the same for three editions now-at least, i have the books...anyway GW isn't always making what we would like-DE seem to have the same problem with their harpies but at least they got new plastic corsairs....oh well at least when they come out i'll have a reason to expand my HE collection...hehe

Dai-Mongar
06-04-2009, 03:44
Out-of-date core troops are a problem for many armies, notably HE and DE (and it's not looking good for Skaven either).
My biggest problem is with the archers; their heads look stupid, their bows are clunky and the command pieces are pretty naff. They should have based them on the 4th edition plastic archers, IMO.

rabitshadow
06-04-2009, 11:46
Well I think we've done it, this thread shall go down in history, for we have created... THE MOST WHINEY THREAD IN THE WHOLE OF WARHAMMER THREADS!!! I mean cheer up dude/s/ettes, our models still kick ass, have you guys never seen the Dragon Princes? I'm (not sure what the minimum age is for Warseer so I'm not going to say mine) playing PoorHammer, so i had to sell my WoC! WoC! I mean have you guys never seen their minitures?! They look awesome, but the reason i converted is because of how awesome the HE minitures look. So just cheer up a bit. Oh yeah can anyone tell me what IMO means and BSB, I generally get lost following threads because they go on about these things, which for all i know could be Big Silly Bomb (oh god please don't be that *crosses fingers) anyway so quit your whining!

Mireadur
06-04-2009, 12:25
In My Opinion and Battle Standard Bearer.. I dont recall BSB meaning something else.

Lewzardman
06-04-2009, 14:38
I would have loved to have some plastic regiments. It's much more expensive getting the metal ones, and I'm not a fan of how heavy they are to move around.

I love the models, but still, would have liked some new plastics. Fingers crossed for some in the future.

Sheena Easton
06-04-2009, 14:56
They need to replace those frankly terrible Spearelves and Archers with plastic versions of the stunning metals Jes Goodwin made for 4th or the 5th Ed ones which I believe were Gary Morely and the metal Seaguard.

Or even bring back the monopose plastics from the Battle For Maugthrond Pass set which would be a vast improvment...

enyoss
06-04-2009, 15:03
They need to replace those frankly terrible Spearelves and Archers with plastic versions of the stunning metals Jes Goodwin made for 4th or the 5th Ed ones which I believe were Gary Morely and the metal Seaguard.

Agreed. I'm lucky enough to have a ton of these models left over from the 4th/5th edition days. The seaguard were very good in particular, and were definitely the highlight of Gary Morley's 5th edition HE work.

As it is, I loathe all of the current core plastics, and when the HEs' turn comes around again I'd love to see some good quality re-sculpts.

Alathir
06-04-2009, 16:32
Well I think we've done it, this thread shall go down in history, for we have created... THE MOST WHINEY THREAD IN THE WHOLE OF WARHAMMER THREADS!!! I mean cheer up dude/s/ettes, our models still kick ass, have you guys never seen the Dragon Princes? I'm (not sure what the minimum age is for Warseer so I'm not going to say mine) playing PoorHammer, so i had to sell my WoC! WoC! I mean have you guys never seen their minitures?! They look awesome, but the reason i converted is because of how awesome the HE minitures look. So just cheer up a bit. Oh yeah can anyone tell me what IMO means and BSB, I generally get lost following threads because they go on about these things, which for all i know could be Big Silly Bomb (oh god please don't be that *crosses fingers) anyway so quit your whining!

It's not whining to simply want updated models. And this is far from the whiniest thread on warseer.

Just because you adore the miniatures so doesn't mean the rest of us have to as well. I for one think we have a great range as well but it could be vastly improved with the simple addition of plastic white lions and swordmasters (the phoenix guard are perfect as they are I feel).

MalusCalibur
06-04-2009, 16:48
How many more times are people going to whine over how bad the HE/DE Spearelves are?!

Those models are GREAT. Get a grip and stop pining for the (bloody awful) rubbish they tried to give us in 4th and 5th. The current plastics are both great kits that look amazing ranked up, and if painted well (which they should be) they really shine.

Same goes for HE elites (not so much White Lions-but they've always been awful modelwise!). I love the current DP's and SM's. The 'monopose' aspect of the Swordmasters really isn't that big a deal considering how nice that pose has been made to look.
So what if the DP horse heads are metal? They look fantastic, and make the plastic HE horse look passable as a whole. If they fall off, repair them!

What's wrong with you, Warseer? You used to be cool, now all you do is complain about everything...

MalusCalibur

Mireadur
06-04-2009, 18:53
Umm i dont remember old plastic archers being good at all, could you post a pic pls? maybe im thinking of other archers. The old mono-pose spearmen were ok, but i believe the current are obviously better.

What amazes me is to know that Gary Morley sculpted one of my favourite HE units model wise (the sea guard).

Anyhow plastic SM and WL would be very welcome =)

Marneus Calgar
06-04-2009, 22:30
Its not the rest of us fault, like space marines, the empire get done and that first all the time :rolleyes:

Empire get done first, while other armies wait 2 years for our armies books/new models to be released LOL

Meh, we get done first, but you always strike first. Enjoy!

popisdead
09-04-2009, 23:36
HE need an update. they are solid but not great.

A plastic infantry kit, and a plastic mounted kit is muchly need.

kill off the S* plastic hero kits and bring back the lustrian heroes.

Fix the codex (no blanket 15 pt special, put fast cav back in core, fix archers, and sea guard in pts costs).

DPA
09-04-2009, 23:51
Most of the range is great but i would really like to see new Spearelves.Their right hand is bigger than the left for crying out loud and their faces are just ugly,thats not what i would call "awesome".New archers would also be nice,but i can live with them.Now plastic White Lions/Swordmasters i think is doable and would be great,what with amount of specials the HE can take.

Cheers!

MalusCalibur
10-04-2009, 01:14
Their right hand is bigger than the left for crying out loud and their faces are just ugly,thats not what i would call "awesome

The hands are fine. Even if one IS bigger than the other, the shield covers up one hand anyway. The faces are absolutely fine, being set into the helmets-certainly a great deal better than the Empire State Troops!

New plastic Silver Helms and White Lions would be great, and neccesary. Anything else is needless replacement.

MalusCalibur

Desert Rain
10-04-2009, 11:15
Something I would like to see is a box from which you can make either White Lions, Swordmasters or Phoenix Gurads. In plastic of course.

Mireadur
10-04-2009, 12:51
Something I would like to see is a box from which you can make either White Lions, Swordmasters or Phoenix Gurads. In plastic of course.

They are so different that i doubt they can even make a box with pieces for 2 of the regiments.

Desert Rain
10-04-2009, 19:05
Yeah I know, but you can always hope ;)
As long as they release the elite infantry in plastic I'm happy :D

LKHERO
10-04-2009, 19:20
Yeah I know, but you can always hope ;)
As long as they release the elite infantry in plastic I'm happy :D

Right on! There's nothing more painful than moving your tray of all metal Elite Infantry over rough terrain :*(

Mireadur
10-04-2009, 22:29
Right on! There's nothing more painful than moving your tray of all metal Elite Infantry over rough terrain :*(

http://www.gf9.com/

Is your friend!

invinciblebug
10-04-2009, 22:33
The high elf spearmen are in deperate need of updating, the spears are sickeningly thick, the hands are bigger than their heads, their arms are squat and their bodies just look plain wierd.

Additionally their faces, armour and clothes lack a lot of the detailing more recent units have got which makes them look very plain and boring.