PDA

View Full Version : First go at a fallen kindows list 1500

backslide
05-04-2009, 03:10
mostly baes on what I have kicking around already and what I would like to add, no idea how to make a list for this yet

Fallen relms with mordor allies

Epic hero,

Ringwrath the betrayer

Common,

Corsars 4 companys
shields
with captain

Corsars 4 companys
shields
with captain

Harad raiders 2 companys (expendable flanking work)

Harad raiders 2 companys

Harad warband 6 companys
Bows
Cheiftan
Taskmaster
Hasharin
Banner muso

Corsair Crosbows 3 companys

Allies

Fellbeast the tainted

Fellbeast the dark mashal

1495 I suspect I should drop a fellbeast to get more troops, the harad have bows because its a cheap upgrade and lead by the betrayer will make for an ammusing couple of rounds of shooting early in the game

takaetun
05-04-2009, 03:25
First off, if this is 1500, you can't take the two Fellbeasts. They're 500 pts together, and you can only have 25% of your force as Allies.

Secondly, you probbaly don't want any command with the Haradrim archers - if they're in combat, you've done something wrong as they're meant to be using their bows, and if they're not in combat you just wasted 175pts of command. You don't have enough shooting to make the enemy come to you to make that command worthwhile.

Khamul is nasty, nasty individual to go with Harad - because they're so squishy, he gets to use his ability big time - I wiped out two companies of Rivendell Guard in one turn in a big game I had yesterday, eventually he just stopped shooting at me because he couldn't afford the casualties to his own side. :P

If you take Corsairs, its almost a given that you must have the bo'sun too, being both a banner and a drummer, very useful.

Try combining the Raiders, as they need more survivability unless you're entirely comfortable with them being picked off in turn one or two.

Nu Fenix
05-04-2009, 03:29
Are they allies when they use a Fell Beast? If so, thats harsh!

If you did decide to drop a Fell Beast for more troops, which one would you drop and why? What troops would you add in instead? Would you think it would impact the magic side of your army much?

My main though is, whilst the crossbows would give it a good effort, the Fell Beasts themselves seem to be you main source of anti-cavalry, as in my mind, its Rock-Paper-Scissors [no Lizard or Spock, sorry!] in what works against what in my mind.

backslide
05-04-2009, 03:29
of course... can't take 2 fell beasts... me stupid lol might have to be mordor then

as for the harad archers I expect them to get in combat its a 30 point upgrade, that with a betrayer should be good for a couple of rounds of shooting

takaetun
05-04-2009, 03:38
Sorry, my mistake. The Dark Marshal is not an ally, he can be taken freely as part of the Fallen Realms list - I just looked at "2x Fellbeast" and went off that.

The tainted is still an ally, but now fits fine.

backslide
05-04-2009, 03:47
but seems to me that fellbeasts and ringwraths are seperate entrys, so only mordor can actually have fell beasts

takaetun
05-04-2009, 03:52
No, what you're buying is a Ringwraith, who just happens to be on a Fell Beast. Any army can have Fellbeasts as allies, but Angmar can have three of the Nine as part of their list, and the Fallen Realms can have the other six without them taking up part of their allies allowance.

backslide
05-04-2009, 04:03
ok redone it with a mordor base, think I like it better anyways:

Epic hero,

Ringwrath the betrayer

Fellbeast the tainted

Fellbeast the dark mashal

Modor Orcs 6 companys
Shields
Captain
Taskmaster (AB does not have the banner option)

Warg riders 4 companys
Captain
Banner

Warg riders 2 companys

Grisnacks trackers 3 companys

Allies

Corsair Crossbows 4 companys

Corsairs 4 companys
Captian and bosun

need a few more blisters of crossbows but other wise have all this, this list has an extra unit or 2 including some ambushers

takaetun
05-04-2009, 04:14
It's very infantry light, which could be an issue. I'm not a fan of Fellbeasts simply because they're very easy to kill and you're basically paying 125 points for maneuverability, which I don't believe is worth it. Remember, Nazgul are casters, not combat characters.

You want awesomeness? Get Gothmog. Seriously. Most underpowered and useful character in the game.

And what's AB, sorry? What doesn't have the banner option?

backslide
05-04-2009, 04:32
the fellbeasts are there for coolness, the models are insane and look great at this level, but I do have no idea how they will go lol I suspect I will use them together to eat small support units and set up for rear/flank charges when contact is made

I suspect I have enough wargs to look at an all mounted force

backslide
05-04-2009, 04:39
well thats what I'm not sure about, fellbeasts are formations, wraths are epic heros, the fallen relms list says u can take the hero's

takaetun
05-04-2009, 04:45
Ah ha, yes. Fellbeasts can only be allies. Good catch.

backslide
05-04-2009, 04:53
well I should drop one for more orcs I guess but I have 2 fellbeasts so I'm going to use them lol

takaetun
05-04-2009, 04:59
Then you need 1500 of Mordor to use them. Get. More. Orcs. :P And Gothmog! Read up on him, he is brutal.

backslide
05-04-2009, 06:29
here is an Umbar list:

Epic heros,

Ringwrath the betrayer

Ringwrath the Karmal the easterling

Common,

Corsars 4 companys
shields
with captain & bosun

Corsars 4 companys
shields
with captain & bosun

Corsars 3 companys
bows

Harad raiders 4 companys
Captain
Banner

Harad raiders 2 companys

Harad raiders 2 companys

Corsair Crossbows 4 companys

Allies

Fellbeast the tainted

Orcs 6 companys
2 handed weapons

no idea if fluff wise I should mix evil men and orks, but they are a cheap 80 points to throw at the enemy, in a pinch can be lead by karmal and get killed so his special rule kicks in alot

the betrayer can start off with the crossbows, I suspect it might hurt that way