PDA

View Full Version : Apolcalypse

A1TEC
05-04-2009, 04:00
What is the best super heavy to use for guard?

I am maybe getting a small platoon to add to my apocalypse army and I want a Super Heavy and Basilisk.

So which one compliments the Basilisk.

vman
05-04-2009, 04:03
Either the baneblade or shadowsword... pure awesome

tacoo
05-04-2009, 04:04
the new 4k point titan? huge range and hewill get line of sight to anythin(supose to be between 36 and 52 inches depending on how you build it) i dont play apoc but he comes with so much gear i think he might do good against anything, as long as you got to at least 10k points

Nexus Trimean
05-04-2009, 04:25
3 basilisks.

or better yet, 9 basilisks, they murder any opposing super heavies, but i would do with the Baneblade, it is a good all around'er, park it front of the bassie, and use its demolisher to keep people out of your minimum range, while using the baneblade cannon to dish out long range death.

Lionsbane
05-04-2009, 04:47
The standard Baneblade is the best all rounder for Super Heavy Tanks. So unless you have a specific role in mind for it, I'd go with that one.

Marneus Calgar
05-04-2009, 04:52
I would say that the baneblade is by far the best super heavy tank for the guard army. For 500 points, you get a nice Str9 AP2 10 inch blast, to go along with it, 3 twin linked heavy bolters, 2 lascannons for tank hunting, and a sweet demolisher round if anyone decides to get too close.

RichBlake
05-04-2009, 04:54
Well in terms of "out of game" advice the newest super heavy kit is probably best as you can make all 6 tanks with that kit (I should know I've done it!) to swap around whenever you need a certain type. It has both long and short range weapons that do a variety of things.

Out of the Baneblade and the Hellhammer though if you can't make both from that kit then I'd suggest the Hellhammer. If you're using Basilisks (plural) then you have long range weapons. In that case use the Hellhammer to get up close and personal with that 7" S10 AP1 ignore cover blast!

Iziuth
05-04-2009, 09:01
I would say that the stormsword is better than the hellhammer. It has a 10'' S10 ap 1 ingnore cover cannon. It is only missing the demolisher cannon.

I would say either a shadowsword or the stormsword. Long range vs short range.

Sleazy
05-04-2009, 09:38
I went with Shadowsword just cos I've always wanted one. It was my fave superheavy back playing Space Marine (epic) and ended up being the only model I have ever pre-ordered.

StormWulfen
05-04-2009, 09:42
stormlord!! it can potentialy kill up to 30% of a space marine company in 1 round of shooting (providing you dont move):evilgrin: