PDA

View Full Version : Fallen Realms 1500

pyremius
05-04-2009, 06:16
Might as well join the feedback bandwagon. . .

At the moment I'm looking to stay primarily Easterling, with some Black Numenorean support (wife likes the models, which always helps with extra purchases :) ).

Khamul the Easterling
3 Companies Kataphrakts
Banner
Amdur
5 Companies Easterlings
Captain
Banner
War Priest
3 Companies Easerlings w/ Pikes
Captain
5 Companies Easterlings w/ Bows
3 Companies Morgul Knights
Captain
The Dark Marshal on Fell Beast (Ally)

Since he's on a Fell Beast the Dark Marshall is an ally and therefore cannot be the general, meaning that the Morgul Knights are still Rare instead of Common (not a big deal, as it's the only Rare unit in the force). The two infantry units deny Charge bonuses (Caltrops and Flash Powder for Amdur, and Pikes for the other unit), and both the Morgul Knights and the Dark Marshal cause Terror. I've only got a single fighty-type character, but there are a total of 7 levels of magic, with three being high-maneuverability.

backslide
05-04-2009, 06:41
looks good, I must get some easterlings :) I'm not sure how usefull such a large formation of archers will be unless u plan to drop there bows and join the fray with easterling fight and defence its a decent option

the warpriest, 25 points more you get a ring wrath... put someone else on the fellbeast if need be so you have the mashal in your lines, I'm liking the tanted on a fellbeast

my other thought would be is 3 companys enough for a shock cav unit? would have though 4 would be much better

dtjunkie19
05-04-2009, 10:00
The dark marshal does not count as an ally in fallen realms, so he and the morgul knights will be both in and common. Something nasty could be dropping the warpriest and a banner bearer for The Shadow Lord or another appropriate ringwraith. Then swap two companies of bows for 2 more of pikes.

Or do the second as above, however use the 135 saved from a warpriest and banner to buy another whole formation of swordsman.

I have a 1000 point list that is very very similar to yours with my suggestions changed and so far it is 5-0 so I must say its rather competitive and fun.

Good luck! The Men of the West will rue the day they opposed Great Sauron's will...The glorious men of the East will hold to that!

takaetun
05-04-2009, 10:03
The Dark Marshal does not. However, the Dark Marshal on FELLBEAST, does.

dtjunkie19
05-04-2009, 10:26
Whoops missed the fellbeast there. Yes indeed with fellbeast he is an ally. A ha, that is interesting. Considering the dark Marshal's special rule if you are using him on a fellbeast make sure he doesnt fly too far ahead of the rest of your units. Use wings of terror on your swordsmen so they can keep up, and the knights will also be close behind.

Very interesting I would love to hear how this list does in your games!

pyremius
05-04-2009, 17:54
I can split the archers in half, and had planned to do so when I pick up another box of Easterlings. At the moment this is based primarily on what I've been able to trade for locally - at the moment I don't know of any other player or store with more Easterlings for me to acquire :)

Another Ringwraith would get me out of finishing the War Priest conversion (leftover parts from making the Kataphrakt banner-bearer, since I really don't want them failing charges), although I'd have to drop either a banner or unit to free up the other points needed to add him.

Hopefully I'll be able to pick up my rulebook on Wednesday, so I'll have a more complete idea of what I need to have my army accomplish. In the short term I'll be playing mostly 1000-point battles: I'll have to drop most of the upgrades, and three companies of infantry.

Captain Shrike
05-04-2009, 20:19
Wow, this is 1500 pts? My High Elf army is TINY in comparison!