PDA

View Full Version : First 2,250 Lizardmen list

SiNNiX
05-04-2009, 09:23
So here's my first ever Lizardmen army. Not too sure about it, I'm sure it could be improved here or there.

2,250pts

LORDS

1 Saurus Old Blood - 145
-additional hand weapon - 8
-cold one - 30
-Hide of Cold Ones - 50
-Venom of Firefly Frog - 10
-Glyph Necklace - 30
Total: 273pts

HEROES

1 Skink Priest - 65
-Level 2 Wizrd - 35
-Ancient Stegadon - 290
-Power Stone - 20
-Dispel Scroll - 25
Total: 435pts

1 Tetto'eko
Total: 255pts

1 Skink Priest - 65
-Level 2 Wizard - 35
-Dispel Scroll - 25
-Diadem of Power - 25
Total: 150pts

CORE UNITS

16 Skinks - 80
-Musician (+6), Standard Bearer (+12)
-2x Kroxigors (55 each)
Total: 204

12 Saurus Warriors - 132
-spears (1pt/model)
-Musician (+6), Saurus Champion (+12), Standard Bearer (+12)
Total: 174

10 Skink Skirmishers
Total: 70pts

SPECIAL UNITS

6x Cold One Cavalry - 210
-Musician (+10), Champion (+20), Standard Bearer (+20)
-Skavenpelt Banner - 25
Total: 285pts

7x Chameleon Skinks
Total: 84pts

RARE UNITS

2x Salamanders - 150
-x2 Added crew (+5pts/model)
Total: 160pts

2x Barbed Razordons - 150
-2x Added crew (+5pts/model)
Total: 160pts

Alternatively, I can take the 12 Saurus Warriors out and replace them with 3 Terradons and another unit of 12 Skink Skirmishers. As much as I can't help but think of that as a smarter plan, I'll miss my spearmen (I love 2 attacks from the back row). Also, the ability to redeploy D3 units after deployment is the most OP advantage ever!

The Oldblood obviously goes in the cavalry unit. I like him especially because he has 7x S5 poison attacks, a 0+ armour save, Toughness 6 and a 5+ Ward save. Not bad for a lord under 300pts.

Lizardmen pros out there, feel free to post your comments! :)

Kai Itzah
05-04-2009, 11:39
Characters are 1113pts. 'tis a lot. This a tough one...I would drop the Oldblood. Then, based on your musings I would drop the lesser priest, as you seem to be fond of old Tetto'eko. Replace that priest with one of numerous Scar-Vets builds. This is my personal favourite:

Bob the Horned Rider 142pts
Horned One
Venom of the Firefly Frog
Spear
Light Armour
Shield

Drop the Champ on your Cavalry and Warriors. Add 6 more Warriors. You can't put the Skavenpelt Banner on the Cavalry it's Skink only. Plus it's a dangerous game to play to have a unit with Frenzy and Stupidity. Add Huanchi's Totem instead. Add 10 more Skirmishers. Add 4 Terradon Riders. Add 10 Skinks. Drop 1 Salamander, add another 10 Skinks and another Terradon Rider.

I know it's a drastic change to your list, but really, too many characters. Even in a Lizardmen list, I'd say 850 is about right.

jax40kplyr1
05-04-2009, 16:10
1. Hide of the Old Ones only works on foot mounted - have to drop the cold one or lose the item.
2. Skink Priests w/Tetto'eko - eh. I'd drop Tetto and add in a scar-vet.
3. Good luck on those ranked skink units. Haven't seen them work yet really - just don't get charged.
4. Besides the ranked up skinks, you only have (1) block of infantry 6 wide 2 ranks. Would recommend dropping the skinks and beefing up more saurus with spears blocks.
5. Agree on the skavenpelt banner - can't take it on them.
6. Razordons just don't seem to really be worth it to me - Salamanders will do you much better.

SiNNiX
05-04-2009, 19:13
Wow, I love how they make "Skins Only" microscopic... that was cool. Oh well, I suppose Huanchi's would be the 2nd best choice. And I was also thinking that perhaps I had too many points in my heroes, so I will likely follow your advice as far as the heroes go, but in my experience taking more terradons isn't necessarily your best bet. I'll definately add more warriors though. We'll see what I'll do with the rest of the points.

Thanks!

SiNNiX
05-04-2009, 19:14
Dude, and I just noticed that "Saurus on foot only" for the Hide of Cold Ones! WHY ON EARTH DID THEY WRITE EVERYTHING SO SMALL!?!?!?

SiNNiX
05-04-2009, 20:27
Here's the new list:

1 Saurus Scar-Veteran - 85
-Spear - 4
-Light armour - 5
-Cold One - 20
-Venom of the Firefly Frog - 10
-Enchanted Shield - 15
-Talisman of Protection - 15
Total: 154

1 Tetto'eko
Total: 255

1 Skink Priest - 65
-Level 2 Wizard - 35
-Ancient Stegadon - 290
-Dispel Scroll x2 (25 each)
Total: 440

18 Saurus Warriors - 198
-Spears - 1/model
-Musician - 6, Saurus Champion - 12, Standard Bearer - 12
Total: 246

18 Saurus Warriors - 198
-Spears - 1/model
-Musician - 6, Saurus Champion - 12, Standard Bearer - 12
Total: 246

10 Skink Skirmishers
Total: 70

6 Cold One Cavalry - 210
-Musician - 10, Champion - 20, Standard Bearer - 20
-Huanchi's Blessed Totem - 25
Total: 285

7 Chameleon Skinks
Total: 84

4 Kroxigors - 220
-Kroxigor Ancient - 20
Total: 240

3x Razordon Hunting Pack - 225
-1x additional handler - 5
Total: 230

Power Dice: 7
Dispel Dice: 5
Dispel Scroll: 2

Spirit
06-04-2009, 11:56
Saurus get shields as standard, you pay one point for spears.

I personally wouldn't run a large game without a slann or a carnosaur, but if you can make it work then go for it. Make the saurus a BsB, ld8 general is all well and good, but the re rolls will be better most of the time. And itl make the unit is is with hit hard.

Salamanders are, without a doubt, better than razordons. Also, you have 2 rare choices, so split them into a group of 2 and a group of 1, this means you can shoot at 2 different things.

I think an ancient in the kroxigors is a waste of 20 points. For one attack there isnt a massive advantage to taking it.

Simmilarly, 20 points for one S5 attack in the cold one unit is a waste. There seems to be loads of tiny things in your army that you could cut out and get something big!

A power stone on your skink priest will help take advantage of Tetto'eko's special rules, if you have one turn to try and cast irresisably on any double, take advantage of it!

Why dont you have a ranked up unit of skinks to put Tetto'eko in? 15 of them stops him getting shot for only 75 points.

SiNNiX
06-04-2009, 16:57
Yeah I only took the champions because I had extra points. Also, for my strategy, I prefer razordons simply because I can throw them at the enemy while shooting and force them to charge the razordons causing 4AD S4 hits with no penalties which could very well cause a panic if I am picking on a unit not immune to psychology. Furthermore, I took 2 Dispel scrolls over scroll/power stone combo because I normally don't play any game without some sort of automatic dispel item, such as scrolls or runes of spellbreaking or what have you. All too often you face a magic-heavy army that you don't have enough DD for and your opponent will make you pick-and-choose with your few DD on what to dispel, giving him an uncontested chance to cast what he really wants. Always take atleast 2 scrolls imo. And what did you mean about saurus get shields standard and I pay one point for spears? That's included in the indicated unit price. Thanks for the comments! And sorry if I seem like I'm not listening to them; I am, I promise. If I can cut out those unit champions and put a unit of skins for Tetto'eko, I certainly will. :)

SiNNiX
06-04-2009, 16:58
Oh I see what you were saying! I'm a ***** and put "sheilds" instead of "spears" for my warriors. :rolleyes: You knew what I meant!

SiNNiX
06-04-2009, 17:23
New List:

NOTE: Yes, I realize upgrading a chameleon skink to a brave is very unorthadox but I had 6 points and I didn't want to upgrade a skink to a musician because it'd be pointless without a SB and I refuse to go over or under 2,250pts exactly which is always my downfall. :)

1 Saurus Scar-Veteran
-Battle Standard Bearer
-Cold One
-Light armour
-Shield
-Spear

1 Skink Priest
-Ancient Stegadon
-Level 2 Wizard
-Dispel Scroll x2

1 Tetto'eko

18 Saurus Warriors
-Spears
-Musician
-Standard Bearer

18 Saurus Warriors
-Spears
-Musician
-Standard Bearer

26 Skinks (Tetto'eko goes in here for protection)

6 Cold One Cavalry
-Musician
-Standard Bearer
-Huanchi's Blessed Totem

4 Kroxigors

7 Chameleon Skinks
-Stalker

3 Razordon Packs
-3x extra handlers

Total: 2,250pts

Spirit
06-04-2009, 21:30
Lol glad i could help. I just reckon that having to put tetto in his own unit will make the unit very fragile, seeing as he must be on a bigger base size to get the palaquin.

How are you building the model for him? As much as i dislike special characters i like the idea of him + a slann + an engine of the gods for 3 possible comets of casendora, all casting on 11+ and all irresistable on a double.

Lol.

SiNNiX
06-04-2009, 22:22
Lol glad i could help. I just reckon that having to put tetto in his own unit will make the unit very fragile, seeing as he must be on a bigger base size to get the palaquin.

How are you building the model for him? As much as i dislike special characters i like the idea of him + a slann + an engine of the gods for 3 possible comets of casendora, all casting on 11+ and all irresistable on a double.

Lol.

That is a pretty sexy idea.... maybe I can work with that.

Spirit
06-04-2009, 22:46
That is a pretty sexy idea.... maybe I can work with that.

Heh, only thought about it today, them as your only characters in a 2250 still leaves you with plenty of room for troops so it is do-able.

remember that his special ability only works on SUCESSFULL casting rolls that include a double, so you still need to roll the 12+ casting value and he can only use 3 dice. This is why the EOTG is so integral.

And youl have enough power dice to use both forked lightning and uranans on your slann. Combine with a bound unrananns. Now i know heavens isnt the most offensive list in the book, but i think you'd easily wipe out a unit of knights and bring down 1 comet, that should do some heafty damage!

SiNNiX
06-04-2009, 23:20
Yeah Spirit I'm looking at the possibilities as we speak; if I were you, I wouldn't be surprised if you saw an update to my list here pretty soon involving these changes or additions. :)

SiNNiX
06-04-2009, 23:21
How are you building the model for him?

I haven't thought of this at all. Would a skink priest model on a Slann palanquin look stupid? If so, I suppose I could try and think of something else.

Spirit
07-04-2009, 00:14
Just remove the slann, he can be the little skink attendant on the model :P

I dont know if itl look stupid, have you got a slann? If so just remove him and blutak a skink on, see how good/bad it looks lol.

The priest from the stegadon model might look cool, standing on the palanquin with his staff in the air. Just because he's been taught how to use it doesnt mean he is as inept as the toads lol.

SiNNiX
07-04-2009, 01:56
Hell I'll experiment with different things. Thanks for the ideas. :)

SiNNiX
07-04-2009, 03:10
Check out my new Lizardmen army post, dude.