PDA

View Full Version : do you need Lords in 2000 points?

The Anarchist
05-04-2009, 14:32
Ok this is primarily aimed at Daemons, with such expensive choices for lord choices i was thinking of running 3 heroes instead of including a Lord?
was hoping there might be a warseer out there who has run something similar, or have some experience aganst it?

As well as for daemons i intrested in whether people feel lords necessary in other armies or whether sometime it can be better jsut to run with a fw heroes and no Lord choices at 2k.

bob_the_small
05-04-2009, 14:44
if you dont take a lord @ 2k then you can take 4 heroes btw

Orge_ladd
05-04-2009, 14:57
i think it truely depends on the army.. at 2k.. orcs and gobbos need a lord probably for leadership vaue more then anything, whilst say tomb ings need it for magic, daemons i not to sure, but i would think if they expensive lords then maybe heros are the better option..

The Anarchist
05-04-2009, 14:59
if you dont take a lord @ 2k then you can take 4 heroes btw

yeah know this, thanks for the heads up bob. i jsut think that with high points cost getting 4 heroes might again leave me with the problem of not enough decent points for units.

bob_the_small
05-04-2009, 15:09
Well what I do with my daemon army is I take a bloodthirster and 1 hero.. But in my dark elves I take 4 heroes or 1 lord and 2 heroes. Lords have their ups and downs, they are good at combat/magic or whatever they are intended for but most have high points cost.. If you were going to take a lord in daemons what would you take, a daemon prince? a greater daemon?

dijit80
05-04-2009, 15:30
I don't take a Lord in my High Elf army, but a noble, noble BSB and 2 lvl 2 mages. HE heroes can handle things fine.

Jericho
05-04-2009, 15:47
I don't think they are absolutely necessary but lords do things others can't. If you have an important job for the lord to do then it's worth the investment.