PDA

View Full Version : Whats New?

guillimansknight
05-04-2009, 18:24
Listen up ya bunch o' grots !

hi

what is new in 40K?

i have been gone for a while and now there is a new edition! and ANOTHER SM codex a new CSM codex and (thankfully:D:)) a new orks codex.

also does anyone know if i can download the new rules/codexes or somthing
i cant afford to buy new books.

cheers

Hicks
05-04-2009, 18:31
Listen up ya bunch o' grots !

hi

what is new in 40K?

i have been gone for a while and now there is a new edition! and ANOTHER SM codex a new CSM codex and (thankfully:D:)) a new orks codex.

also does anyone know if i can download the new rules/codexes or somthing
i cant afford to buy new books.

cheers

Don't ask for ways of obtaining books illegaly, you risk getting into trouble.

Yes there is a new edition. SMs are a bit better than before, Chaos lost lots of options but are still incredibly strong and get this... Orks now have the most powerfull codex by a long shot.

guillimansknight
05-04-2009, 18:36
Don't ask for ways of obtaining books illegaly, you risk getting into trouble.

Yes there is a new edition. SMs are a bit better than before, Chaos lost lots of options but are still incredibly strong and get this... Orks now have the most powerfull codex by a long shot.

i was meaning like a document explaining the new rules and changes but oh well.

and what is up with there being a new SM codex !! those books now have a life span shorter than a frontline IG conscript

Hicks
05-04-2009, 18:39
They are Space Marines, of course they got a new book! It means the vast majority of GW's customers had to buy a new overpriced magazine and many new shiny minis. Like it or not, for economic reasons, GW is always going to push SMs before other armies.

guillimansknight
05-04-2009, 18:43
They are Space Marines, of course they got a new book! It means the vast majority of GW's customers had to buy a new overpriced magazine and many new shiny minis. Like it or not, for economic reasons, GW is always going to push SMs before other armies.

what economic reasons !!

to price us all out of the hobby?

ps GW have edited thier site does anyone know where the DOK BUTCHA'S articles have went?

noobzor
05-04-2009, 18:52
yes, orks are OTT. just played against a horde in the team tournament this weekend- we only got through 4 turns in 2 and a half hours :p

tanks are a lot harder to take out this edition. also assault is a lot more brutal. wound allocation is interesting, but not really an improvement.

Skyrir
05-04-2009, 18:52
New CSM codex is good. Abbadon is still capable of unleashing up to 13 strength 8 power weapon attacks.

tuebor
05-04-2009, 18:53
ps GW have edited thier site does anyone know where the DOK BUTCHA'S articles have went?

Unfortunately most of the fun articles on the GW site disappeared when they went to the new format.

warchild9
05-04-2009, 18:54
I suggest getting the assualt on black reach for the rule book, snap fitting plastic- 20 orks, 1 warboss, 5 nobs, 3 deff copters, and the most important thing of all the mini rule book (full rules included) plus 1 plastic marine captain, plastic dreadnought, 10 marines, five terminators for $60 us

guillimansknight
05-04-2009, 18:57
I suggest getting the assualt on black reach for the rule book, snap fitting plastic- 20 orks, 1 warboss, 5 nobs, 3 deff copters, and the most important thing of all the mini rule book (full rules included) plus 1 plastic marine captain, plastic dreadnought, 10 marines, five terminators for $60 us

hhmmmm.......might try and buy the mini-rule-book from somoen who has the proper one aswell

warchild9
05-04-2009, 19:13
the new ork dex is a must buy, the new orks are so awesome. I'm not an Ork player but an Ork fighter, and I have much respect for them.

LonelyPath
05-04-2009, 19:14
You can often find the rulebook seperate on Ebay and on some bits sites. However, on the latter you also have to get the templates and dice with them from what I've seen.

guillimansknight
05-04-2009, 21:24
anyone got one they want to sell?

tacoo
05-04-2009, 23:35
basic laydown from what iv seen is this
-orks have gone up in power 10 fold
-necrons did the oppsite, and went down in power 10 fold
-no more jumping between squads if you kill in assualt
-glancing does not destroy a vechicle
-chaos is strong, but lacks alot of the varity that the old one had (like mutations)
-ig gettin new codex
-still half the hobby is space marine players it seems

guillimansknight
06-04-2009, 11:02
basic laydown from what iv seen is this
-orks have gone up in power 10 fold
-necrons did the oppsite, and went down in power 10 fold
-no more jumping between squads if you kill in assualt
-glancing does not destroy a vechicle
-chaos is strong, but lacks alot of the varity that the old one had (like mutations)
-ig gettin new codex
-still half the hobby is space marine players it seems

what no mutations ?? no DS DT DR ect WTF:wtf:

chromedog
06-04-2009, 11:53
que?

What are all of those abbreviations?

- Glancing can't destroy a vehicle OUTRIGHT. You can still glance most vehicles to death, though (as immobilised and weapon destroyed results cascade).
- You can't sweeping advance from one assault to another (so you'd better hope you only wipe your opponents out in their assault phase - otherwise you're going to get gunned down.)

SM outsell every other product GW sells.
They are the poster-boys. the raison d'etre for GW. At least IG, DE, SW and necrons are slated for new codices in the next year.

guillimansknight
06-04-2009, 11:57
que?

What are all of those abbreviations?

- Glancing can't destroy a vehicle OUTRIGHT. You can still glance most vehicles to death, though (as immobilised and weapon destroyed results cascade).
- You can't sweeping advance from one assault to another (so you'd better hope you only wipe your opponents out in their assault phase - otherwise you're going to get gunned down.)

SM outsell every other product GW sells.
They are the poster-boys. the raison d'etre for GW. At least IG, DE, SW and necrons are slated for new codices in the next year.

deamonic strength deamonic toughness deamonic resileance

Forlorn
06-04-2009, 14:12
Check this out. You may find it useful with regards to 5th edition.

Shall They Know Fear, The Bolter & Chainsword guide to the 5th Edition rules

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=140314

Hope this helps.

A.S.modai
06-04-2009, 15:28
I second the orks OTT remark. There were some useless units that are now useful. Knobs on bikes is the new tri falcon clown taxi.

A lot of DA/BA players complain because all the prices in the new SM codex are cheaper and WAY more options/units.

New IG codex will include Valkyries and Leman Russ Squadrons. Let that sink in a sec.

Space wolves codex will most likely be on steriods, as they'll most likely have a lot of the vanilla options.

Dark eldar still don't have a new Dex, but rumors are soon.

Don't forget about apocalypse!

Some tanks (predator) have become almost worthless unless used as a pillbox. Some tanks (LRCrusader) have become used a LOT more.

EVIL INC
06-04-2009, 15:42
what no mutations ?? no DS DT DR ect WTF:wtf:

They lost the extra mutations and wargear that were never used. The no brainers that were taken have been added directly to the model/unit with options for variety. They actually gained a wider variety of options then they had before with the addition of icons giving units the mark of a god. This allows for more fluffy armies and a wider variety of them.

Back onto the main topic, the extra lil rulebooks are easy to get your hands on. Try the trade section here or just ask around at your local shop as there are many many people who have bought the starter box just for the models. You should be able to get one for about $5.00 or less. Going in with an ork player and a marine player, you can chip in $10 for the rules, dice, templates and they can each pay the other $25 each for the models. Shouldnt be hard to find people willing to do that with you.

guillimansknight
06-04-2009, 16:32
They lost the extra mutations and wargear that were never used. The no brainers that were taken have been added directly to the model/unit with options for variety. They actually gained a wider variety of options then they had before with the addition of icons giving units the mark of a god. This allows for more fluffy armies and a wider variety of them.

Back onto the main topic, the extra lil rulebooks are easy to get your hands on. Try the trade section here or just ask around at your local shop as there are many many people who have bought the starter box just for the models. You should be able to get one for about $5.00 or less. Going in with an ork player and a marine player, you can chip in $10 for the rules, dice, templates and they can each pay the other $25 each for the models. Shouldnt be hard to find people willing to do that with you.

IT will be extremly hard to find people to do that because in my country we dont use dollars

OMG i just saw the blast rules

lotsa orkie rokits comin outta da mek shop

and lotsa dead humies, pointy ears, fish fingers and chaos boyz

EVIL INC
06-04-2009, 16:51
:p If not in U.S. dollers, then whatever currency you use. The breakdown should still be convertable.

A.S.modai
06-04-2009, 18:12
IT will be extremly hard to find people to do that because in my country we dont use dollars

and lotsa dead humies, pointy ears, fish fingers and chaos boyz

I'm a huge fan of the shokk attack gun, but that may be just me.

warchild9
06-04-2009, 23:43
I faced it twice with sisters. first time I left it alone big mistake second game got to flame him with serphim in turn two....only to die to nobs in his turn

Koryphaus
06-04-2009, 23:57
I played at a big tournament in January, and the winner was using a 187 model Ork Horde.. However, they were totally beautiful, every single model had been converted, their paintjobs were sweet, and he was a really nice guy to play against.

He won every game by a long long way, except when he had to play my friend's Khorne Bezerkers, who wiped him off the board in 4 turns ;).

What was really funny was when he fired the SAG at Kharn the Betrayer, and rolled a '10' - the result? A 60" charge! Right into the business end of Gorechild...

Mojaco
07-04-2009, 00:05

Rokkits don't have blast mode. Plus you wont be laughing long; the blast rules will mainly be used AGAINST you.

guillimansknight
07-04-2009, 08:07
Rokkits don't have blast mode. Plus you wont be laughing long; the blast rules will mainly be used AGAINST you.

i's no orksie i's da sooona be corrpsie