PDA

View Full Version : Plasma Gun Point Cost with New Black Templars

oatish
15-12-2005, 17:57
I have just noticed that the cost of a plasma gun in Crusader Squads is 4 points less than in both the Sword Brethern and also Tactical Squads from Codex: Space Marine. Could this be a typo or is it intended? I feel that it is very unlikely it is meant to be. Any one else catch this?

Grimtuff
15-12-2005, 18:17
It's an obvious pints break as they are a HTH army, (plus there is a vow where you have to charge IIRC) both of things will kindof make a PG less popular

Black Mage
15-12-2005, 19:28
It is the same points cost as it was in Codex: Armageddon, so nothing changed there. Also, as I take it, if you rapid-fire or fire a heavy weapon, you can get out of that vow. I could be wrong, but that's just how I read that rule.

Melchor
15-12-2005, 19:31
You can't fire a non-assault/pistol weapon to circumvent the vow iirc. As you MUST charge, and firing said weapon prevents you from doing so.
The fact that the Shooting Phase comes before the Assault Phase changes nothing.

LostTemplar
15-12-2005, 21:01
Nope. You can rapid fire and thusly not charge. It is specifically stated in the Vow in question, under a specific parenthesis. the cost remains the same as it was (only having been upped in the Space Marine Codex)

hootier
15-12-2005, 21:41
LostTemplar is totally correct.