PDA

View Full Version : Testing the Water for a Proxy

Soupcat
06-04-2009, 03:07
So I got my deamon army, and presently its a khorne nurgle army using the nurgle portion to pretty much just sit on a object and mock you but the lack of a pure army mocks me.
I cant really think of a cool proxy for nurgle stuff but I thought another thing that can hold objectives and stuff: horrors.
Basicly modle some death pact style gaurdsmen, as the statline is about the same as a horror and it would let me better show all the cool aspects of khorne not just the run up and chop chop stuff.
Now heres the question: how would you feel about it seeing it accross from the table, also does anyone have and good conversion pics? I was thinking of kitbashing a beastman and either a storm trooper or SM scout with the doombolt being represented by some deamon weapon style gun.

SirSnipes
06-04-2009, 04:08
crypt ghouls can make great nurgle horrors, while i find skeletons to make cool bloodletters of nurgle, daemonettes of nurgl would have to be reapers, basically, take a look at anything vampire counts

Grimtuff
06-04-2009, 04:16
I use the WOC Chosen to represent Plaguebearers in my Khorne daemon force. I call them Goreforgers.

They fit in perfectly. The fact they are fully encased in armour can represent the T5, S&P and FNP and the Huge axes show the lower I and poisoned attacks very well. ;)

Soupcat
06-04-2009, 18:03
But would you be cool if someone used beast gaurd to represent horrors?
I would proxie PBs but I already have the figs

Inquisitor_Tolheim
06-04-2009, 18:38
But would you be cool if someone used beast gaurd to represent horrors?
I would proxie PBs but I already have the figs

The statline is similar enough, although there are a few strange differences (decreased ws, invulnerable save).

It's more of a stretch then I would personally go for, but if my opponent was up front about what counted as what I would certainly play against it.