PDA

View Full Version : Battlewagon Deffrolla Sprue?

Azzy
06-04-2009, 03:08
Several months ago, an issue of WD said that there would be a direct-only upgrade sprue for the Battlewagon featuring the Deffrolla and Kill Kannon, and that would be released around the time of the new Apocalypse kits.

Well, it's been a while since the Stompa and Stormlord were released. Does anyone know if the sprue is still going to be released and when?

a squig
06-04-2009, 08:27
i dont know about the deffrolla but

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4nzgPbHlNo4/SdjEV-wRRII/AAAAAAAAEoU/OKS2mhcofAk/s1600-h/DSC01227.JPG

has poped up on bols looks like a killcannon to me :D

The True Mooseman
06-04-2009, 11:18
Actually, I don't remember any official word on when it would be out, and when I spoke to the guys in my local store soon after that issue was released, they said GW made a bit of a faux pas in announcing it then. They made it seem like it would be released sooner than it was planned to be.

In short: Is coming (I would imagine), but not yet.

invinciblebug
06-04-2009, 11:27
i dont know about the deffrolla but

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4nzgPbHlNo4/SdjEV-wRRII/AAAAAAAAEoU/OKS2mhcofAk/s1600-h/DSC01227.JPG

has poped up on bols looks like a killcannon to me :D

That's not the killcannon, it's a FW sprue for a probably ''better than killcannon weapons''.

Korras
06-04-2009, 12:16
for my younger brother, I ordered the FW Deffrolla, hoping it would fit.

out of the box (or rather, the FW zip-lock), it didn't. however, with some minor conversion work, IE: moving the spacers that hold the dozer blade a CM forward, it did fit perfectly.

unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of it.

O&G'sRule
07-04-2009, 12:30
I was told the announcement of it was a mistake by my local staff member and that it won't be released this year at least. Apparently it came up at one of their meetings

Azzy
07-04-2009, 20:16
Aaaaagh, hell's bells!!!*

Thanks guys, it better to know than to be left hanging. I really don't want to scratchbuild a Deffrolla as I've got enough projects on my plate, and FW's little too expensive (half again the cost of the Battlewagon**) for my tastes for something that needs modification anyway. However, if get desperate to build a Battlewagon I'm going to have to choose one of those options. *le sigh*

* I can't believe what I originally typed was censored. I guess different countries find different things offensive.

** With shipping and exchange rates. It's not horrible, but I'd rather pay much less.

misterboff
07-04-2009, 21:28
I rang up Mail Order last month and was told it would be out "over the summer, probably July/August".

It might be worth ringing up again and seeing if you can get any update on it...

misterboff

Azzy
08-04-2009, 04:49
Hmm, I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the advice. :)

JLBeady
08-04-2009, 05:40
Thanks for the info. I have been deliberately holding off on the purchase of a battlewagon anticpating some kind of deal with the sprue, like possibly some kind of splash release kit. July/August would put it around Planet strike. So maybe we still have a shot at some kind of splash release?

Clang
08-04-2009, 06:34
Planet Strike would be the obvious time to release it, presuming no other orky goodness is waiting in the wings. Maybe we'll get a sneak peak look in a month or so... :(

a squig
08-04-2009, 09:15
there was a rumour of 3 battlewagon box set for planetstrike with deathrolla included