PDA

View Full Version : Dr Who Christmas Invasion Trailer

salty
15-12-2005, 18:09
Not been on here in over a month now, so I have no idea whether or not a link to this has been posted yet but...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/video/index.shtml

Its the first trailer. Looks fantastic!

Salty :)

Baggers
15-12-2005, 18:17
Also been showing for at least a week, and yet contains nothing of what I know, boy are you lot going to be surprised with....... the destruction of the ****** ****

The pestilent 1
15-12-2005, 20:41
Also been showing for at least a week, and yet contains nothing of what I know, boy are you lot going to be surprised with....... the destruction of the ****** ****

Git.
:cries:

Still havent seen the "first" season fully yet, missed it the first time and im catching up on UK gold.
Upto... Fathers day i think, how long to go yet?
(I loved the Delek episode, Levitate! :p

Karhedron
15-12-2005, 21:37
About another 5 Episodes I think. Personally the only ones I rate are "Hollow Child" and "The Doctor Dances". The other episodes are a lot weaker (and written by Russel T. Davis :rolleyes: ).

Baggers
15-12-2005, 22:18
KArhedron I think you mean the Empty Child

cpl_hicks
15-12-2005, 22:45
i cannot wait until next series my altime favorite baddies (apart from the Darleks) are back the Cybermen

Rykion
16-12-2005, 00:28
I still haven't had a chance to see any of the new series. :cries: The North American DVD release is February 14th, so now I actually have a reason to look forward to Valentine's day.:D

VanHel
16-12-2005, 04:31
How much will the North American Dvd be by chance?

cpl_hicks
16-12-2005, 10:41
is it the single dvd series (there are 4 dvds in total) or the big boxset (all of the series dvd's in a tardis box)

Rykion
16-12-2005, 17:17
It is supposed to be the big Tardis box set as far as I know, with the entire series and the cut version of Dr Who Confidential. I think I read somewhere retail is going to be around $100.

Here is the official BBC announcement: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2005/11/30/27788.shtml

cpl_hicks
16-12-2005, 17:25
the tardis dr who box sells for approximitly (54 in the uk) well where i work anyways

Baggers
16-12-2005, 17:26
its a R1 conversion of the R" tardis boxset, its very nice

VanHel
16-12-2005, 17:53
So apparently my friends brother-in-law happens to be a very good friend of the new doctor and would possibly might get to be in the new season.

Rykion
16-12-2005, 17:55
its a R1 conversion of the R" tardis boxset, its very nice
I hope so. The only thing I've seen of the new series is some of the clips from the BBC's website. The Doctor has a cult following in the US, but is too "British" to have much of a chance to be a hit here. I'm glad they haven't tried to make an American version. I feel the TV movie with Paul McGann showed well enough why the Doctor shouldn't be Americanized at all.

Karhedron
16-12-2005, 19:59
KArhedron I think you mean the Empty Child
Ah yes, that would the correct title. I wish I could claim it was just an Engrish Tlansration plobrem but English is my first language :o.

Yup, Mr. Davies is a schlock-meister. Mind you, he does bring a nice dose of homoeroticism to the series. :)
Not really surprising when you consider his background. I can't help but feel he brought a seriously oversized agenda to the series and a lack of personal writing talent. :( Like George Lucas, he may be a great "big picture" guy but he doesn't actually write very good scripts.

So apparently my friends brother-in-law happens to be a very good friend of the new doctor and would possibly might get to be in the new season.
I wish you the very best of luck but don't hold your hopes up too high. You need an equity card to appear on most TV in the UK. The producers wouldn't want to risk the actors striking because an un-carded person was on set.

VanHel
18-12-2005, 04:33
I'll inquire if he has one. He should, he's been in a few british movies. He was hulking zombie in Shawn of the Dead. Mark Donavan's (http://imdb.com/name/nm0233025/) IMDB page.

immortal99
18-12-2005, 07:38
Any chances of Daleks making another come back? Me thinks yes, yes me does...

ArtificerArmour
18-12-2005, 10:53
So, the DVD boxset - does that have all the episodes uncut? i believe the Reaper episode cut abit where the doctor got eaten because there were complaints saying doctor who was "scary" (well, yeah, thats why he got such a high fanbase!)