PDA

View Full Version : Fatecrusher?

Ozeor
06-04-2009, 07:22
What is this fatecrusher build i keep hearing about ?

Taipan
06-04-2009, 07:30
You throw Fateweaver near a bunch of Bloodcrushers. They get to re-roll their 3+ armour saves and 5+ invulnerable saves. It makes it very difficult for the enemy to kill them before they hit your lines, at which point S5 I5 power weapons destroy everything non-vehicle.

Mojaco
06-04-2009, 09:12
Nasty. And I've you start throwing everything at fateweaver then the bloodcrushers still come out on top, as you've just ignored them.

Never seen the build myself, but sounds interesting.

Grazzy
06-04-2009, 09:36
Very hard to kill indeed. Mobile armies that can redeploy give it a hard time but it kills most things quite easily in CC.

dal9ll
06-04-2009, 21:51
Ive been playing frequently with Daemons since they came out and Im of the opinion that Fateweaver is overrated. Hes extremely expensive, has the stats of a Lord of Change but all reduced by 1 (and I mean ALL the stats), and his reroll ability is only special thing hes got. Sure hes got all the Tzeentch powers but I think you might as well use The Blue Scribes if thats what you want. I just think Fateweaver is way too expensive.

Fateweaver with a ton of Bloodcrushers might be fun though. It is pretty great to reroll a 3+ armour save. Still, Id rather use Skarbrand with a ton of Rending/power weapon troops if we're going down the special character combo-army route.

Mojaco
06-04-2009, 21:56
That's like saying; "a tank is just a car that moves a lot slower and requires more maintance. The big ass cannon and armour are all it's got in its favour"

You just set aside his most important asset; his incredible rule.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
06-04-2009, 22:00
That's like saying; "a tank is just a car that moves a lot slower and requires more maintance. The big ass cannon and armour are all it's got in its favour"

You just set aside his most important asset; his incredible rule.

Congratulations, you've just been sigged!

Lord Cook
06-04-2009, 22:26
It's powerful, but it's also slooow and the Bloodcrushers have no shooting ability. If your army can move and still fight, you're fine. If you rely on static heavy weapons...

Threeshades
06-04-2009, 22:35
You throw Fateweaver near a bunch of Bloodcrushers. They get to re-roll their 3+ armour saves and 5+ invulnerable saves. It makes it very difficult for the enemy to kill them before they hit your lines, at which point S5 I5 power weapons destroy everything non-vehicle.

Sounds like a jetbike council, only slower.

Skyrir
07-04-2009, 03:06
I played a 2000 pt with a friend using this the other day and successfully killed the Fateweaver on the second turn by assaulting with Abbadon and a squad of terminators. When he rolled to deep strike he landed uncomfortably close to my termies and was butchered by 10 str 8 and 15 str 4 power weapon attacks.

Johnnyfrej
07-04-2009, 03:54
I played a 2000 pt with a friend using this the other day and successfully killed the Fateweaver on the second turn by assaulting with Abbadon and a squad of terminators. When he rolled to deep strike he landed uncomfortably close to my termies and was butchered by 10 str 8 and 15 str 4 power weapon attacks.
I was going to say something bad about this quote, but then I remembered the Warseer policy on posting threads ;)