PDA

View Full Version : [WotR] Angmar Orc Warband misprint?

takaetun
06-04-2009, 07:29
Just writing up a Angmar list using Hellfury's nasty, nasty Tainted + Wormtongue + Spirit Grasp idea, and while writing up an Orc Warband unit for the Tainted to live in, saw something interesting.

Angmar Orc Warbands pay 15 points more for Banner Bearers, and 10 points more for Drummers. Their stats seem to be the same, do we think this is a misprint, or somehow a 'fluff' decision?

The Muster of Rohan
06-04-2009, 13:51
It has to be a mistake. Every other formation in the game pays 35 points for banners and 15 for drummers/hornblowers. It has to be a mistake.

Spider-pope
06-04-2009, 14:01
Id be surprised if its not FAQ'ed to be the same as everyone else, like Muster said. Seems like it was just an editing mistake, much like the Army of the Dead being missing from the SBG book, rather than a deliberate rulechange.

takaetun
06-04-2009, 14:06
On the other hand, it is two seperate rules - if it was the same as for something else, at least half, I could understand, as someone made a copy and paste error for example. The fact that its so completely different to everything else in the book makes me think it might be intentional.

jaws900
06-04-2009, 17:07
However looking at SBG for an example an Orc banner costs 25 points while an Elf banner costs 30. Not admitidly Elfs are far better than Orc's and it is more thank likly a misprint but it could reposent that the Orcs of Angmar are less organised than of Mordor or Isengard as they are controled by a powerful commander (Gothmog, Saruman, Sauron) where angmar are more tribal and arn't lead that well by local tribal orc leaders whith little knowlage of battle tacktics the exception being the nazgul ofcource. Take of it as you will but ask anyone you face who has an Angmar if they noticed this and let them no that if they didn't notice it for them to maybe take an extra companie.

Jammybee
06-04-2009, 17:09
I dont have the book on me but im sure I read angmar orcs are D4 instead of the Mordor Orcs D3 aswell.

Spider-pope
06-04-2009, 17:11
I dont have the book on me but im sure I read angmar orcs are D4 instead of the Mordor Orcs D3 aswell.
Nope Angmar orcs are D3. They have same stats and abilities as Mordor Orcs, except for the higher command cost.