PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings 2000 Points

Dirty Fingers
06-04-2009, 08:01
So....tell me what you think

Tomb King with Destroyer of Eternities, Collar of Sharpem, and light armour
Liche Priest w/ dispel scroll + cloak of the dunes (hierophant)
Liche Priest w/ dispel scroll
Liche Priest

20x Skeleton Bowmen w/ Musician
20x Skeleton Bowmen w/ Musician

24x Tomb Guard with full command, Banner of Undying Legion (Tomb King goes here)

3x Chariots with full command

Tomb Scorpion
Tomb Scorpion
Tomb Scorpion

Screaming Skull Catapult with Skulls of the Foe
Screaming Skull Catapult with Skulls of the Foe

Changes: Tomb King was given collar for protection, hierophant was given the cloak, and the bowmen were combined into two units of twenty and were then given musicians.

Malorian
06-04-2009, 15:30
Problems:

-no protection on king.
-hierophant is on foot and can't fly.
-majority of army is weak.

Basically what you are going to see in your games is that your opponent will rush up, either ignore/tarpit/redirect the mage tombguard unit, and then crush the weak archers, catapults, and priests.

There is only so much that one unit of chariots can do, and I don't know if you plan to have those scorpians start on the board or not (probably depends on the opponent) but unsupported there is little they can do as well.

I would turn those four units of bowmen into two units of skeleton warriors, and then drop some tomb guard (20-25 is all you'll ever need) to give them command, add cloak of dunes on the hierophant. Maybe even drop skulls of the foe (a lot of ItP armoes out there now) to get the 4+ ward on the king.

WhyNotCrashDifferently?
06-04-2009, 16:17
and then drop some tomb guard (20-25 is all you'll ever need)

25 is the allowed maximum anyhow.

Gramolarian
06-04-2009, 16:50
IŽd also drop one catapult away. all you really need is one cause you can shoot it twice for sure anyways. 4 catapult shot / turn is way over load, either your opponent is immune to panic or you get them run with the first try. Unless you are playing solely against goblins. in that case you can run out the whole army in one turn ... yet again even then you need only one panic test = one catapult

Dirty Fingers
07-04-2009, 22:20
Problems:

-no protection on king.
-hierophant is on foot and can't fly.
-majority of army is weak.

Basically what you are going to see in your games is that your opponent will rush up, either ignore/tarpit/redirect the mage tombguard unit, and then crush the weak archers, catapults, and priests.

There is only so much that one unit of chariots can do, and I don't know if you plan to have those scorpians start on the board or not (probably depends on the opponent) but unsupported there is little they can do as well.

I would turn those four units of bowmen into two units of skeleton warriors, and then drop some tomb guard (20-25 is all you'll ever need) to give them command, add cloak of dunes on the hierophant. Maybe even drop skulls of the foe (a lot of ItP armoes out there now) to get the 4+ ward on the king.

The Tomb Guard do have full command. My mistake when I typed it up. Forgot about the 25 dude max. I've edited the list.

Also, back when the army book came out, I remember there were people who were joining the hierophant to the catapult crew for protection. This was what I was hoping to do. Is this still legal? Regardless, I'll give him the cloak of the dunes in case it isn't.

TheKingInYellow
08-04-2009, 00:25
It's legal, sure.

I'd keep the second SSC also, if I were you. Your Tomb Scorps are not going to be able to handle large units, you need something to kill them.

4 shots of SSC may not panic them any more than 2 shots would, but it will kill a lot more models. It's the best TK unit with the possible exception of the Tomb Scorpion.

Dirty Fingers
08-04-2009, 04:22
It's legal, sure.

I'd keep the second SSC also, if I were you. Your Tomb Scorps are not going to be able to handle large units, you need something to kill them.

4 shots of SSC may not panic them any more than 2 shots would, but it will kill a lot more models. It's the best TK unit with the possible exception of the Tomb Scorpion.

Pretty much how I feel. I have no intention of dropping an SSC. Not for the world.

I guess I'll be dumping the hiero with the SSC crew then, in which case I'll dump the Cloak and give him the Jar.