PDA

View Full Version : First time posting my list

Isabel
06-04-2009, 14:09
I hope this isnt a boreing, cookie cutter list. I havent really checked out that many other peoples lists, so I dont know what the norm is. But here's what I'll be taking to try out at the next tournament to see how it does.

2250 point Warriors of Chaos Army

Lords

Chaos Lord
- Mark of Khorne
- Juggernaut
- Chaos Runesword
- Favor of the Gods
- Enchanted Shield
- Collar of Khorne

Exalted Hero
- Demonic Mount
- Shield
- Fury of the Blood God

Sorcerer Level 1
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Blood of Tzeentch
- Blood Curtling Roar

Sorcerer Level 1
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Dispel Scroll
- Dispel Scroll

Core

11 Chaos Warriors with one sorcerer
- Mark of Nurgle
- Extra hand weapons
- Standard Bearer
- Banner of Wrath

17 Marauders with one sorcerer who would leave if I felt they would be baited
- Mark of Khorne
- Flails
- Champion
- Standard Bearer

6 Marauder Horsemen
- Mark of Khorne
- Flails
- Musician

6 Marauder Horsemen
- Mark of Khorne
- Flails
- Musician

6 Chaos Warhounds

6 Chaos Warhounds

Special

6 Chaos Knights with Exalted Hero
- Mark of Nurgle
- Standard Bearer
- Banner of Rage

6 Chaos Knights with Lord
- Mark of Khorne
- Standard Bearer
- Blasted Standard

Obviously it is pretty relient on the two units of knights and thier characters. Between the MoN and Blasted standard along with thier 1+ armor save I think they have a decent chance of getting into the thick of it untouched. Each of the melee characters has some form of MR to help thier unit survive the magic phase.

This is, for the most part, my collection. I do have a few other units I could tweak it with. About 20 chaos hounds, an exalted on disk, 8 more knights, a few extra marauders and horsemen. Though I have time to buy and paint any additions. Any helpful suggestions are always appreciated but really just shareing my list with the community.

Cartoon
06-04-2009, 15:13
A couple of suggestions. First, I recommend splitting the unit of 12 horsemen into 2 units of 6. This will give you some flexibility with positioning for charges and watching flanks. Next, you may want to drop something in order to add a champion to the warriors. With the EoTG rule your sorcerer will be forced to challenge unless there is another model capable of challenging instead. You may want to add a dispel scroll or two in there as well.

Warhounds, IMHO, are essential for screening and baiting. Being relatively cheap, you may want to drop something from you characters to grab a unit of 5 or 6. They will help protect your knights from being baited away from the battle. You probably don't want your Khorne Lord and Knight retinue chasing after an eagle the game.

Chaos Undecided
06-04-2009, 15:24
Agree on splitting the Marauder Horsemen into 2 x 6 would never target a block of fast cavalry that large unless you intended to use them as medium cavalry (armor/shield/command)

Also I think you've spent too much on characters really could do with lightening their magic item load and/or dropping one in favour of getting some hound units and possibly another unit as atm you're very light on bodies even for Chaos.

Isabel
06-04-2009, 18:54
List was tweaked a bit. Thanks alot for the suggestions. I was curious about the 12 man unit of horsemen, I've always used them in small 5 or 6 man units. They do well enough if I can keep them strictly to flanking but a small breeze usually wipes out the unit, so I was really just wondering how they would do in a decent block. I'll keep them small for now and fool around with that some other time.

Thanks again folks.