PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points High Elves

EndlessBug
06-04-2009, 15:04
Hey, yes another Star Dragon list, this list is going for a solid magic/shooting base with a few heavy hitters, there's no static CR units though.

Prince - Star Dragon, Vambraces of defence, white sword, dragon armour, shield

Mage - lvl 2, scroll, seerstaff
Mage - lvl 2, silver wand, ring of fury
Noble - Great Eagle, BSB, battle banner, shield, dragon armour, lance

10 Archers
10 Archers

6 Dragon Princes - FC, Standard of Sorcery

2 RBTs
2 Great Eagles

Power: 6+d3
Bound: 1
Dispel: 4 (+1 to dispel)
Scrolls: 1

I know it's a tiny army, but the great eagles and dragon should be able to take down any war machines/missile units that cause any issues for my BSB/Prince. the archers/RBTs should be able to take down any fast cav/fliers with the aid of magic then a combined charge of dragon/Prince/BSB should decimate most units.

Static CR of: 1(banner), 1 (BSB), 1(outnumber, combined US of 22 with no casualties), 3(lowest average for the BSB) = 6
+7 S7 attacks, 7 S6 attacks, 13 S5, 2 S4 and 5 S 3 should cause some havoc.

LION
06-04-2009, 18:44
;) Good ideas but I think with the StarDragon you have 5 Charhters woth of Heroes / Lords LION

dijit80
06-04-2009, 19:05
Yeap, thats an illegal force. A dragon counts as 1 hero.

EndlessBug
07-04-2009, 07:54
oops, I completely forgot about that, here's another go then:

Prince - Star Dragon, Vambraces of defence, armour of caledor, amulet of light, Halberd

Mage - 2 scrolls

19 Spearelves - FC
10 Archers

5 Dragon Princes - FC, Std of balance
10 White lions - Std, Lion Standard

2 RBTs
2 Great Eagles

Power: 3
Dispel: 3 (+1 to dispel)
Scrolls: 2

dijit80
07-04-2009, 08:33
you're incredibly low on magic. With little magical defence you're dragon might have a hard time from a magic strong list.

EndlessBug
07-04-2009, 08:43
That is true, apart from beasts though there is very little magic that can effect the dragon (it's immune to most of metal and all of fire magic), beast cowers is the only real threat, the 2 scrolls can be used to stop that (or 3 dispel dice). Also if the mages are in infantry blocks I can send my Eagles in at the same time to try and kill them off, the flee of 3d6 should be enough to keep them safe, If they're in any knight units then the BSB or Prince should be able to deal with them alone. (frontal charge for the BSB will be CR: knights, 2 (banner/outnumber), BSB: 2+d6 (BSB and let's say 1 wound at worst on the mage))

IoN armys will cause me trouble of course but I think most magic/shooting can be dealt with quickly. I'm not a stranger to sacrificing a smallish unit to kill off that 1 nasty mage.

The idea would be:
Prince, BSB: Kill off the opponents shooting in the first couple of turns then combine charges with the infantry/dragon princes.
2 Eagles: redirect frenzy units/ war machine hunters/ kill any mages.
2 RBTs and archers: kill off any fast cav/fliers.

g0ddy
07-04-2009, 16:28
The white sword is also... models on foot only.. which you fixed in your 2nd list.

Why take white lions and not chariots?
Why not take sea guard?

The list could use more 'focus' imho.

~ zilla

The Red Scourge
07-04-2009, 16:45
Beast Cowers isn't the only threat. My Daemon Prince makes a habit out of gatewaying star dragons into oblivion. One little dragon can't stand against an average of 7 S7 hits for too long, and just killing that one will have him earn his points back.

I agree that the list lacks focus, and something to support your big beast. A couple of vanilla units of dragon princes and lion chariots and bolt throwers to shoot the **** out of anything dangerous and hide a couple of mages in :)

EndlessBug
08-04-2009, 08:34
There ya go. Sea guard are more expensive and I'm more inclined towards the 2 units with clear uses rather than 2 jack of all trades units.

The BSB Great eagle rider supports the hell outta the star dragon, combined charge of 20" flight giving me at worst 1+d6 static + 7 S7, 3 S6, 4 S5 and 2 S4 attacks.

Prince - Star Dragon, Vambraces of defence, armour of caledor, amulet of light, Halberd

Mage - 2 scrolls

19 Spearelves - FC
10 Archers

5 Dragon Princes
5 Dragon Princes
Lion Chariot

2 RBTs
2 Great Eagles

Power: 3
Dispel: 3 (+1 to dispel)
Scrolls: 2

PARTYCHICORITA
08-04-2009, 13:57
Looks pretty solid now, i quiet like it.

Banner of ellyrion would be awesome in the princes but i just can't see where to get the points.