PDA

View Full Version : Death Korps of Krieg Death Rider(s)

Forlorn
06-04-2009, 16:22
I am thinking of purchasing the Death Korps of Krieg Death Rider models at the coming gamesday in Baltimore and I was curious as to the stability of the figures. The lances give me pause in regards to being brittle/breakable. For anyone that has purchased these figures can you give me some feedback regarding the quality (yes I know they are FW) of the model(s) and any issue/complaints you have or had with the purchase. I am only interested in the horseman.

Chin Chin.

SPYDER68
06-04-2009, 16:26
Its resin.. the plastic Cold one lances i use are breakable.. i imagine resin would be worse.

Klam
06-04-2009, 16:28
Ordered 10 as a squad last year, cast was really good on them compared those ridiculous engineer i got at the same time... Lances themselves are solid since you have to make them with brass tube coming with deathriders. Guess transporting them in mini case could maybe broke them from arm or hand but for sure not the pike itself. I would eventually recommend to magnetize the arm coming with that lance on body so if you have to transport them its safe.

(sorry for my poor english)

Forlorn
06-04-2009, 16:31
Klam your English is fine! Mieux que mon franēais, je suis sūr!

I didn't realize the lances were brass. The brass comes with the figures? And the tip of the lance is also metal or resin?

Klam
06-04-2009, 16:42
Well deathrider mini is coming like it:
_ 1 main part = horse (but with 3 legs donno why) + rider (legs, body, head, left arm) as a block
_ 1 horse leg
_ 1 right arm (with right hand)
_ 1 brass "rode?/tube?" (you have to glue it in right hand)
_ 1 mini flag thingy for that lance (tricky to mount)
_ 1 pike (here again tricky)
_ then its some additional stuff you glue here and there

Anyway that right arm + lance + pike + flag is tricky to glue i would recommand epoxy thingy to glue all those mini parts and defintly magnetize between right arm and body (i did with those micron earth magnet thingy and its perfect coz usually you "hit" the lance and could break of course but its just that right arm dropping away then you just put it again :p)

Bellygrub
06-04-2009, 18:18
If you look at the unpainted pics mere: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/dkkdr.htm

you can see the brass rod...it does not however show the tip. I recommend storing them in your display cabinet after basing them on Dragon Forge bases.

TheFloatingHead
06-04-2009, 19:24
Klam's got it right. The lances themselves are sturdy, it's a piece of brass wire that's straightened. The tip of the lance glues on the top of the wire and the rider's hand is made to slot the lance into. And the horses themselves have little holders for the lance so the Rider can hold the lance upright and it won't slide down. They are great minis with a lot of character you will enjoy.

Axel
06-04-2009, 20:47
Indeed, some of the best miniatures available.

BrotherAtrox
06-04-2009, 21:24
They....don't come with bases?

TheFloatingHead
06-04-2009, 21:42
I'm really looking forward to the Death Riders Command Squad. The Mounted Commissar model available at the FW Open Day just recently seems to hint that they are working towards that end. If the mounted colonel is anywhere near as badass as the on-foot version that will make for a very happy Head. Let's hope they will be available for the last Vraks book!

Axel
06-04-2009, 23:00
They come with medium round plastic bases.

BrotherAtrox
07-04-2009, 00:59
That mounted Commissar will be available at Games Day, yes? 15USD?

Binky
07-04-2009, 08:15
That mounted Commissar will be available at Games Day, yes? 15USD?

Should be, though it's 15GBP so should be about 22USD (assuming the exchange rate stays roughly where it is).

Maine
07-04-2009, 08:41
WARNING! Forgeworld booth @ Games Day doesn't use the exchange rate!

Forgeworld @ Games Day will charge the USD price listed in the FW catalog. They update the prices once a year, and the last time they did it was 2USD/1GBP. Additionally you will also have to pay tax. There is also the chance they will be out of stock and you'll be given the option to order it anyways - paying 2USD/1GBP + tax, but free shipping.

You're better off ordering from FW directly. You'll pay about $26/each shipped (using today's Visa exchange rate @ 3% surcharge, which tends to be the usual rate), vs $30+tax at Games Day.

BrotherAtrox
07-04-2009, 16:15
WARNING! Forgeworld booth @ Games Day doesn't use the exchange rate!

Forgeworld @ Games Day will charge the USD price listed in the FW catalog. They update the prices once a year, and the last time they did it was 2USD/1GBP. Additionally you will also have to pay tax. There is also the chance they will be out of stock and you'll be given the option to order it anyways - paying 2USD/1GBP + tax, but free shipping.

You're better off ordering from FW directly. You'll pay about $26/each shipped (using today's Visa exchange rate @ 3% surcharge, which tends to be the usual rate), vs $30+tax at Games Day.

I was told the mounted Commissar was exclusive to FW events.