Knights x5
MoN

Chosen x12
Full Command, MoS, Favor of The Gods, Shields

Warshrine
MoS

Giant
MoN

so if u have any remarks to this setup plz let me know, so it can see what i will bring to the game. thank you for your help. hope to talk to you soon.

Witchblade
06-04-2009, 22:59
You won't win a lot of games, I think, but it's a very balanced list.

Basically, your army is:
- too slow
- not magic heavy (or low) enough to get anything through

BTW, this should have been posted in the 'army lists' section.

Kerill
07-04-2009, 05:18
Speed is a problem, but if you want to keep the list in a similar form you need to tweak it a bit more since you have quite a few things in the list that are wasting points a bit.

Where are your characters going? If they are going in the units you can reduce the number of warriors/chosen appropriately. (Will save 48-60 points)

I also can't see how much benefit the giant is bringing to your list, I would drop the giant and:
Boost the knights to 6/7 with standard and banner of rage
Get at least two units of warhounds
Get a warbanner for your chaos warriors
Get some halberds for the chosen

As noted your magic is currently in the useless no-man's land of too many points spent to achieve nothing.

You should get the banner of wrath on the chosen
Drop your lord's current equipment for a GW, crown of damnation (4+regen) and the rod of torment.
(BTW your lord's mark does nothing at the minute)
Also drop the power familiar in favour of the book os secrets.
Then your magic phase will be a lot more useful- 2 buboes per turn, 3 magic missiles and 2/3 dice for one of the other nurgle spells.

With points left over you can get a spawn or two.

fullmetal999
07-04-2009, 05:56
Speed is a problem, but if you want to keep the list in a similar form you need to tweak it a bit more since you have quite a few things in the list that are wasting points a bit.

Where are your characters going? If they are going in the units you can reduce the number of warriors/chosen appropriately. (Will save 48-60 points)

I also can't see how much benefit the giant is bringing to your list, I would drop the giant and:
Boost the knights to 6/7 with standard and banner of rage
Get at least two units of warhounds
Get a warbanner for your chaos warriors
Get some halberds for the chosen

As noted your magic is currently in the useless no-man's land of too many points spent to achieve nothing.

You should get the banner of wrath on the chosen
Drop your lord's current equipment for a GW, crown of damnation (4+regen) and the rod of torment.
(BTW your lord's mark does nothing at the minute)
Also drop the power familiar in favour of the book os secrets.
Then your magic phase will be a lot more useful- 2 buboes per turn, 3 magic missiles and 2/3 dice for one of the other nurgle spells.

With points left over you can get a spawn or two.

okay well i'll take it into thought and see where it takes me bring on the comments ill put an udated list to the board. hope to hear for you.

fullmetal999
08-04-2009, 05:29
heres the updated list

chaos lord
aethersword, armor of damnation, shield, mos

sorc
mon, lvl2, conj. homu, scroll

sorc
mon, lvl2, power familiar, scroll

warriors x12
halberds, mon

warriors x12
great weapons, mon

x3 marauder horsemen x5
mos, musican, shields, throwing axes

chosen x15
full command, mos, shields, favor of the gods

knights x5
mon

dragon ogers x3
great weapons

an even 2250 setup any response would be helpful. thank you and hope to hear from you.

SiNNiX
08-04-2009, 07:11
BTW, this should have been posted in the 'army lists' section.

Decent list, needs a little work. I would get rid of the Lord (take a Sorcerer Lord), get rid of the Warshrine (not worth it, you'll often find yourself choosing the same unit turn after turn with the same hopes only to find they don't get realized. Big strategy destroyer at times) and finally get rid of the Chosen (might as well take warriors; another strategy destroyer and waist of points if you don't get the roll you want. On an 11-ability chart, it's rare you get something that'll really benefit you.

EvC
08-04-2009, 12:05
Why stop there Sinnix? Let's just tell him to drop everything that gives his army some character and take nothing but magic heavy, fast cav and Knights instead.

Second list aint bad, but your magic is still in a limbo posiition where it won't really do much at all. Either crank it up a little bit (Book of Secrets, a bound item or two), or recede back to a single scroll caddy. Also you could use some Warhounds I think...

LordofWar1986
08-04-2009, 16:38
Ok, well I think that the warriors should switch up the halberds for either GW's or 2 hand weapons. Crank up the magic bud! Come on! :p get rid of the scrolls and just cast spells to death :)

Honestly, the chosen seem a bit too pricey for the number of bodies in the unit. I would switch them out for either another unit of knights or some warriors and some warhounds.

Kerill
08-04-2009, 17:25
Dragon ogres are good but you are still in magic no man's land. Also I would give the warriors just shields (or shields and halberds if you want a mix).

Other main problem at the minute is the lack of magic standards.

Personally I would stick with your earlier setup in terms of infantry: 15/18 warriors (minus character slots) with war banner (anvil)

Unit of 12 chosen with shields and HALBERDS and maybe banner of wrath or rapturous standard (countercharge hammer)

Large unit of marauders -24 ideally(anvil)

And book of secrets is better than homunculous for generating more spell power as well as giving you more options. You also really don't want a Ld8 wizard in a unit of warriors or chosen going stupid.

I'd also re-iterate- you need more hounds. Without them a fast enemy with good CR/heavy hitters will roll over your army pretty quick.

Oh and the mark of slaanesh on your lord is still not doing anything, but that might be a fluff choice.

You should still have points left after all that.

AramilSairSianontel
08-04-2009, 19:35
I'm sorry i don't know much about WOC but i want to ask how marauders are an anviL?

selone
08-04-2009, 19:40
Give them shields, l.armour and mark I guess?

fullmetal999
08-04-2009, 21:53
thank you all for the help ill post a new setup based upon the talking here.

fullmetal999
08-04-2009, 22:13
chaos lord -G-
aethersword, armor of damnation, soporific musk, mos, *heild*

sorc
mon, lvl2, skull of katam

sorc
mon, lvl2, power stone, power familiar, conj. homu

warriors x18
mos, musican, banner, great weapons,

warriors x18
mon, musican, banner, extra hand weapons

4x marauder horsemen x5
throwing axes, mos, shields, musican

knights x5
mon

dragon ogres x3
great weapons

what do think faster

srry forgot to put that lord had sheild*****

Eta
09-04-2009, 12:49
Give the warriors shields. Drop one unit of marauder horsemen and get a musician and standard bearer for the knights (Nurgle marked ones will need the +1CR if they lose one of their number or just fluff their attacks). There should be enough points to buy a unit of five hounds. Then I'd drop the Armour of Damnation from the lord and give him a shield and the Crown of Everlasting Conquest. To get the 15 points needed for the lord change, drop the great weapons and give the warriors halberds instead.
I am not so keen of your Skull of Katam on the Nurgle sorcerer, too. If you put both wizards in the warriors units, you will be hard pressed to get the second sorcerer into the 3" bubble to benefit from it. And paying so many points just to have a +1 on one or two spells is not worth it. Same goes for the Conjoined Homunculus - too expensive for what it will do on this sorcerer and you do not want to make an entire unit of warriors stupid, do you?

Greetings
Eta

fullmetal999
09-04-2009, 16:29
Thx i'll take that into consideration. but i don't really know wut to replace wuts on the sorc maybe just power stones.

ned setup soon

LordofWar1986
09-04-2009, 17:04
Give the warriors shields. Drop one unit of marauder horsemen and get a musician and standard bearer for the knights (Nurgle marked ones will need the +1CR if they lose one of their number or just fluff their attacks). There should be enough points to buy a unit of five hounds.

I actually agree with most of these suggestions ;). The only thing I would disagree with is giving the warriors shields. Either GW's or 2 HW's are the ways I would go. In my experience with the last WoC book, Chaos warriors weren't that durable with shields in CC.

Now, even given the chaos armor upgrade plus shields from the new book, you would still be very hard pressed to try and survive against most units in CC. Most elven CC units are totting around Str4+ monsters that will be tearing Chaos warriors a new one. The way I see it, you might as well pack in more attacks with 2 HW's or cleave them in two with a trusty 2hd meat cleaver :D ;)

oh btw...BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!! :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

fullmetal999
09-04-2009, 22:15
chaos lord -G-
mos, shield, aethersword, armor of morrslieb

sorc
mon, 2 power stones

sorc
mon, power familiar

warriors x20
mos, halberds, musican, banner

warriors x20
mon, extra hand weapons, musican, banner

4x marauder horsemen x5
mos, musican, thorwing axe, shield

knights x5
mon, banner, musican

dragon ogers x3
great weapons

well this is the last setup ill put i think ive board you all in how my set ups are and so ill listen to the advise you give me and take it into affect and my army better. thank you again for taking the time to read these setups. Have fun and may your games be bloody!:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

Dexter099
10-04-2009, 03:36
I have some different ideas from some of the other posters.

I think that the Lord could use some improvement. Armor of Morrslieb doesn't help against anythign that can actually hurt your lord, and so doesn't really work so well. A better choice is to take the Chaos Runeshield. That way, anything your opponent has that can kill your lord in one hit is negated, as well as all of his ward saves and nasty weapons thanks to the runeshield. Since the Aethersword ignores armor saves, your opponent will never get a save against an Aethersword/Runeshield Lord.

Also, a barded steed is essential for giving your lord a good armor save, regardless of whether he is in an infantry unit or not.

I prefer Mark of Tzeentch on the Lord, since his wounds are so important. The most important chaos gift for him is the Word of Agony to protect against Assasins or just finish off enemy generals such as vampires faster.

That is the best lord set-up I have ever found.

From writing a tactica on the Lore of Nurgle here on Warseer, I can say with some confidence that 1 nurgle sorceror + 1 Tzeentch sorceror is the way to go. I also liked the Skull of Katam on the Nurgle Sorceror earlier, keep that. The tzeentch sorceror needs a puppet and a spell familiar so your force can now strangle the enemy in the magic phase, especially if you get pandaemonium.

Though at this size, with chaos, it's usually best to go with a scroll caddy to save points for the rest of your army, since chaos magic, while pretty effective, is much more expensive than other armies' magic.

The warriors are in too big of blocks. One block of 20 is ok, but only if you have plenty of other blocks of infantry hanging around. I'd get 2 blocks of 15 and a block of 12 chaos warriors. Another thing I've learned is that all warriors should genrally have shields unless they have the mark of tzeentch.

Warriors with halberds should definately have the Mark of Tzeentch. Warriors with the MoK are generally not a good idea, while Warriors with MoS usually do best with shields due to their tendency to hang around longer, and thus should be equipped more defensively. Warriors with MoN do fine with most things, but shields is what I suggest with them, with maybe a block of 2h weaponers.

You also need at least one block of marauders to hide your sorceror/s in.

4 untis of marauders cavalry is a little excessive. I can understand up to 2 untis of them, but warhounds are more cost effective at baiting enemy units, while maruder cavalry are better at support charges or harssassing flanks and weaker enemy skirmishers.

Knights shouldn't be bought in units of 7, no more, no less. 5 knights does virtually nothing, they can't win combats unless supported, which isn't feasible to the small size of your army. Full Command is a must.

Dragon Ogres are fine, a nice heavy unit, but only worth taking if you have filled out a nice and long battle-line as dragon ogres are expensive are best used with supporting infantry.

Kerill
10-04-2009, 08:16
Thx i'll take that into consideration. but i don't really know wut to replace wuts on the sorc maybe just power stones.

ned setup soon

Book of secrets. And stick the banner of wrath on one of your units. Stick a warbanner on the other one. Drop both power stones:
book of secrets= 6 Pd per game and an extra spell to choose from. Power stone= 2 extra power dice once, assuming you have a good spell to cast.
Banner of wrath- equivalent to a D6S4 magic missile cast every turn (worth 12 power dice over a battle).

@LordofWar1986, warriors definitely need shields. For only 1 point more per model it means they can hold against a charge. There is very little in this game that can't get the charge on warriors and an awful lot of things that can cut them down easily enough and break them.

Chosen are best with halberds and shields so they can countercharge.

I also highly recommend giving the lord te crown of regen and a great weapon rather than your current setup. If you want the aethersword though, mount him on a chaos steed. There is no reason for a lord on foot unless they have a great weapon.

_Kalas_
10-04-2009, 10:26
Shield is a must on warrior unit, simply due to cost, it's 15 pts to equip 15 warriors with shields, if +1 of them survives shooting/magic due to improved save, You've got Your points back, but what is more important, it happens quite often that warriors are beeing charged [since they are M4] , and if they are charged by something nasty [from my last game, 15 warriors with banner of rage charged by big block of saurus cold one riders], thanks to shields they can survive the charge and hold, with some exceptions, our opponent have to break warriors/knights on the charge cause in another rounds of combat he loses steam, we don't, we usually hit first and we hit hard.
That's why BsB is so important.
On to knights, 5 knights with MoK and musician are able to fight RnF units from the front and grind them into pulp, provided You can deliver them safely, at least 4 of them.

just my 2 cents

fullmetal999
10-04-2009, 16:41
thank you all, on the this subject it all help i love the help your all giving me it makes a difference in every way.

Goruax
10-04-2009, 23:40
Quite honestly, unless you're really, entirely set on having a Chaos Lord, drop him for an Exalted, either with the Crown (for Regen) or just a plain ward (Collar of Khorne, or Talisman of Protection, usually with Tzeentch).
Don't make them ridiculously expensive, it doesn't help!

For the price of your current Lord, I can run 2 Exalted's who will help my army a lot more than a single slightly more killy, much more expensive Lord will.
Sure he has higher Ld, but you should be minimising your Ld checks anyway.

Kerill
11-04-2009, 06:29
Quite honestly, unless you're really, entirely set on having a Chaos Lord, drop him for an Exalted, either with the Crown (for Regen) or just a plain ward (Collar of Khorne, or Talisman of Protection, usually with Tzeentch).
Don't make them ridiculously expensive, it doesn't help!

For the price of your current Lord, I can run 2 Exalted's who will help my army a lot more than a single slightly more killy, much more expensive Lord will.
Sure he has higher Ld, but you should be minimising your Ld checks anyway.

Whilst I generally agree that 2 exalteds are better than one lord, his is an infantry based army with several nurgle marked units and the +1Ld for the lord is very useful for break tests and even psychology tests with his setup.

Ideally for his army he would keep the lord cheap rather than loading up on magic items and then he could also afford to add in a Tzeentch exalted bsb with book making his infantry line a lot stronger and adding a bit of extra magic power in there. If I was to rewrite his list whilst trying to keep to his basic theme I would go for something like:

Lord, no mark, enchanted shield, steed, sword of might 269
Exalted bsb of Tzeentch, book of secrets, dispel scroll, flail, shield 220
Level 2 nurgle, rod of torment, biting blade, steed 206
Level 2 nurgle, power familiar, scroll, steed 206
- 901 points on characters

14 slaanesh Warriors, halberds, shields, FC: war banner 303
14 slaanesh Warriors, shields, FC: rapturous standard 284
- both nigh on unbreakable with Ld9, ITmostpsych and rerolling break tests (and rapturous has 60+% chance of getting insane courage), each unit with 1 mage and one fighty character (bsb in war banner unit), so they run 6 wide and 3 ranks deep.
23 Marauders of slaanesh, FC, light armour, shields 168
23 Marauders of slaanesh, FC, light armour, shields 168
- very good static res and very hard to break
5 Marauder Horsemen, flail, musician 81
5 Marauder Horsemen, flail, musician 81
5 Chaos hounds 30
5 Knights of Nurgle 230 (countercharge or threatening unit)

PD: 8+1 bound spell
DD: 4+2 scrolls
Models: 98!
2246 points

Not speedy but with enough magic that it isn't game breaking. Lots of very tough units that can take a charge and still win against almost anything in the game.

Warrior front ranks will be putting out 14S4 and 5S6 or 4 S7 attacks.

I actually think this army would work well against almost anything in the game with the exception of Khorne daemons.

fullmetal999
12-04-2009, 22:03
okay thanks on the info i took a look at the setup and quite impressed and would think it would do quite nice on the board.