PDA

View Full Version : New Dark Elf army, Help requested.

Bounce Ballington
06-04-2009, 22:08
Hi all, Recently began to get back into the hobby after a two year break, deciding on the new DE range i got stuck in running up a few very rough lists and ideas.

My general focus is around an army based up off;

At least 1 sorcesses.

At least 2, if not 3 units of (16-20) solid blocks of warriors w/shields and command. Due to their cheap cost for a fairly solid and multi purpose block of infantry.

Along side this a small unit or two of harpies, for screening and march preventing.

Special wise, i am drawn towards a hard hitting unit of cold one knights (Possibly accompanied by a master) and/or a chariot.

Black guard also seem a prize choice due to general hittyness.

And finally a hydra.

Basic idea is a very aggresive, yet sturdy army, with the warriors acting as anvils whilst an element of brutish charges from the Cold one Knights/chariot, BG and the Hydra come through. The harpies and sorcesses being there mainly to provide a small amount of protection from missile attacks, magic and enemy manouvering.

-----------------------------------------------------

i Would love to know from you guys if you think an army around this is compatible. As well as advice on those hero and lord choices and what items and such to gear out.
All and any advice is welcome.

Sorry for a very rough list, these are really only mock ups.

Thanks.

bob_the_small
06-04-2009, 22:43
Well due to the rough list, I don't know what you exactly want, but you probably want something like this.....

2000pts - Dark Elves

HEROES

Master - Cold One, Crimson Death ,Armor of Darkness - 150 ( In COK)

Sorceress - Darkstar Cloak(+1 PD), Dispel Scroll - 185

Sorceress - Dispel Scroll, Focus Familiar - 185

Master - Sword of Might, Seal of Ghrond(+1 DD) - 125

CORE

20 Dark Elf Warriors - Shields, FC - 155

5 Dark Riders - Musician, Repeater Crossbows -117

5 Harpies - 55

10 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen - 100

SPECIAL

5 Cold One Knights(COK) - FC, Ring of Hotek - 200

Cold One Chariot - 100

17 Black Guard(Master on foot goes here) - FC, Banner Of Hag Graef - 291

RARE

Hydra - 175

Total Cost: 1993

See if that helps you m8, it basically has everything you want...

xragg
07-04-2009, 07:15
I would drop the 2nd master and dark riders for another unit of harpies, an assassin with cloak of twilight, manbane, rune of khaine, give the COK's the standard of slaughter, and fill up the BG unit with any points left.

Having 3 very good places to hide your assassin will keep your opponent leary to attack any of them.
A 2nd unit of harpies help you harass the enemy better then 1 would.
Standard of slaughter on a flanking COK unit is so deadly even if you whiff your dice rolling.

Nothing in the list is bad though. Not my flavour I use for my DE, but I cant say anything bad about it.

Bounce Ballington
07-04-2009, 11:02
Thanks all :) i particularly like the idea of the assassin with so many places to hide.

EndlessBug
07-04-2009, 11:48
the general layout of bobs list seems pretty good, though I'd personally mix around the items a little bit:
- ring of hotek: with 5 DD and 2 DS I don't think you'll need this, it will also limit your magic and can cause more problems.
- Masters: for 7 points more you can have a 1+ save on both masters and a slightly stronger overall character setup (IMO)
- BG - the crimson death on BG unit champ is nasty as, 6 S6 attacks from this unit is a force to be rekoned with.
- So slaughter - a nasty item on this hammer unit, the amount of kills they dish out +d3 combat res should take away some of the risk factor for that old rubber lance syndrome.

I'd also consider dropping the RxBs and chariot for 2 RBTs.

HEROES

Master - Cold One, Seal of Ghrond, sword of might, shield, heavy armour, SDC - 157 ( In COK)

Sorceress - lvl 2, Darkstar Cloak(+1 PD), Dispel Scroll - 185

Sorceress - lvl 2, Dispel Scroll, Focus Familiar - 185

Master - Armor of Darkness, (the AP magic great weapon) - 120

CORE

5 Dark Riders - Musician, Repeater Crossbows -117

5 Harpies - 55

10 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen - 100

SPECIAL

5 Cold One Knights(COK) - FC, Std of Slaughter - 200

Cold One Chariot - 100

14 Black Guard(Master on foot goes here) - FC, Banner Of Hag Graef, crimson death - 277

RARE

Hydra - 175

Total Cost: 2000 pts