PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen Update?

WhiteKnight
06-04-2009, 23:31
Are beastmen ever going to get an update like WoC got? I mean seriously, we'll have to wait a long time with no support at all! Anyone hear any news?

Devil Tree
07-04-2009, 01:52
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189551

These are the only rumors we've heard so far. Mind you, you should probably take them with a grain of salt, because the army book is still too far off for solid confirmations.

Chadjabdoul
07-04-2009, 15:19
To be honest, I hope the crisis forces GW to support less armies, thus making Chaos whole again.

This is a bit off topic, but my main gripe with warhammer as it is now, is too tight armies. Keep fewer armies (around 10 or smthing) but expand them, so no two armies are ever the same.

Weemo
07-04-2009, 15:28
yeah i agree with the above, i mean no offense to the players of these lists but, do we really need wood elves? they make absolutely no impact on the warhammer world, they never have.

i would recombine at leats woc and boc, maybe leave daemons

ogre kingdoms were an attempt to fill the monster army gap, ruleswise they failed, so a new book would be welcome

i could moan abot others but instead i'll stay on topic

i think they are getting a new book late 09 to early 2010

Malorian
07-04-2009, 16:51
Weemo you just insulted both my wood elves and my ogres... :mad:

More options is always better so of course more armies is always better.

But for the OP, you can be sure an update is coming but it's a long way off...

Weemo
07-04-2009, 17:02
i said "no offense" dude, :eyebrows:

i disagree, i mean with what like 15 armies already i think there is too much choice, there is a fine line between not having enough variation and too much choice, there are so many armies that gw cannot redo them quick enough, some were designed for new edition but with the separation of BOC, they have been seriously nerfed, similar thing with dark eldar in 40k.

Malorian
07-04-2009, 17:08
The way I see it the armies are much like the choices in a restaurant. You have your usual dishes like steak, chicken, and burgers, but then you also have the other options like stirfry or wraps.

There are the main choices that are regularly show-cased yet there is always something else out there for people looking for something a bit different. Relating this to GW, GW has their main armies that they support and then they also have the 'other' armies.

Most dogs of war players would love an update, but at the same time they also love that they play an army that almost no one else plays. This is the same for beasts and dark eldar in 40k.

Red_Duke
07-04-2009, 17:09
gotta say i still think splitting the HoC was a mistake, especially given how much they botched the whole job. Beasts will hopefully get an update at some point (unless they end up going the way of the Chaos Dwarves and DoW of course), although what it will be like is anyones guess after the last two books.

I also don't see why Skaven are being done before BoC, they're still pretty competetive, and its not like they've had most of their gear ripped away like the poor beasts...

Malorian
07-04-2009, 17:10
I wouldn't say they botched the whole job. For the most part it went over well, it's just that when they release the FAQ for beasts they should have put more in it (most importantly ranking up at least 5 wide).

Bac5665
07-04-2009, 17:49
I think that "botching" was the DoC book and the WoC book both having massive problems on a variety of levels.

rottahn
07-04-2009, 18:06
wha chu talkin 'bout Willis!?!?

:)
but yeah, the WoC army is great and horrible at the same time. well, so is the DoC book i guess as well. WoC have immensly powerful fighting units like chaos warriors, and knights, but no tactical flexibility like skirmishers, or fliers. and DoC are a mixed bag because they pwn 80% of the time without any thought to tactics or maneuvering and no one wants to play you.

to make BoC a decent army all GW would have to do is this: "Beast heards rank up a min of 5 wide."

Desalbert
07-04-2009, 18:16
I don't understand the Ogre hate from some people-- I think they're quite possibly the coolest army in Warhammer (to me), but I also believe that they're a very reasonable force to see-- Who rules the mountains of Mourne? Ogres. Just as much as the Lizardmen rule Lustria...

If one wants Ogres or Wood Elves gone, I'd argue that apart from the Slann ties to the Old-ones, Lizardmen should go too, because all three are, in a sense, rulers of distant or 'unimportant' regions-- But, I don't want to see any go, because they're all deserving of a force, and a place in the game.

The more the merrier, and to me, Ogres are just awesome. I can't wait till they get a new book and a few new units, but I think they've been done well as it is too.

As for the Beasts (sorry to get off topic there), I feel your pain; I bought some Beast Herds and a shaman and then realized that the release is really a long way off, and, of questionable success (given my opinion on the rumors). But your best bet, like others say, is to check the rumour round up forum, an "informant" has a very interesting chunk of info about the the new army book.