PDA

View Full Version : Non-GW Mini's Question

antin3
07-04-2009, 02:45
I just ordered a box of the new British Napoleonic troops from Perry miniatures. I am going to see if it would be possible to convert them over to Imperial Guard. I am hoping that I can work out any size issues but we will wait and see...
My question is, How are armies made from non GW models viewed at tournaments etc? I am sure the guys at my FLGS won't care but I was curious if I ever wanted to take them to a tournament. I am going to try to use various GW heads and attempt to use lasguns so they will be partially GW along with all of the tanks and other vehicles.

MrGiggles
07-04-2009, 02:51
Well, the rules for the old HoH stuff was that the majority of a model had to be GW. That being said, completely depends on the tourney. Some of the stricter ones insist on all or largely GW models while others don't particularly care. So long as you're clear on what's what though, most folks probably won't have issue with what you're planning.

Occulto
07-04-2009, 02:57
That being said, completely depends on the tourney.

Correct.

There is no hard and fast rule.

Remoah
07-04-2009, 02:59
depends.
are the models significantly shorter/taller, therefore abusing the standard height cover, or are the models amost the same height? If they are, and it's a non-gw tourney then you could argue that it is ok.

GW run tourneys would probably kick you back however

holmcross
07-04-2009, 03:00
Someone would have to be a real ******** to make a stink over a few converted non-GW minis at a tourney.

Better call ahead.

Skyrir
07-04-2009, 03:26
Just make sure they're the same size & stick some GW parts on. No one will notice, and if they do they'll just be like oooo exotic conversions.

LastManOnEarth
07-04-2009, 04:15
Perhaps GW should sell "purity seals", little stickers to affix to the bottom of the base of a non-GW models so that they may be used in a GW-blessed event.

LMoE

PhantomRonin
07-04-2009, 04:15
Just make some into some heavy supports, and add some different weapons from Bitzbox.com Boom done. Awesome looking guard.

Tyndmyr
07-04-2009, 09:58
Just make sure they're the same size & stick some GW parts on. No one will notice, and if they do they'll just be like oooo exotic conversions.

Very true.

I suggest using forgeworld bases or the like...if people recognize GW bits from disparate places, they'll immediately assume it's a conversion. Of course, it helps if you include actual conversions where appropriate. And GW does have a stupidly large model range to pull bits from.

Im trying to build an IG army out of delaque models, for example. Still gw models, but it's amazing how many people are unaware of necromunda models.