PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Kingdoms shooting: Trappers? Brace of Pistols?

Desalbert
07-04-2009, 04:36
Hey everyone, just two quick questions on clarity:

1) The book describes Gnoblar Trappers as being able to stand and shoot if near a hunter, and also as "throwing sharp rocks at enemies" but can they actually shoot in the shooting phase? It says their weapons are "handweapon/, sharp stuff" but is sharp stuff for ranged? If so, at what distance, with what strength (none of this is specified, so maybe that can't normally shoot, but I thought I'd ask)

Any clarity on the ranged abilities of the trappers is what I'm after here

2) Can someone explain all the abilities that a Brace of Pistols provides an Ogre character? Does he get to shoot in the shooting phase, or is it just a close combat extra attack with a profile of a shot? Can an Ogre character stand and shoot with a brace of pistols? If so, what is the range on the pistols?

Thanks very much for aiding me with these two (noobish) questions.

-Des

Shadowsinner
07-04-2009, 04:41
in the warhammer rulebook under the weapons category youll see the info for thrown weapons and pistols

the ogre pistols have a range of 24 with an extra d6 on the turn they shoot. shooting with both counts as firing with 2x weapons so they take a -1 penalty, but since they are pistols they dont worry about long range. in combat they count as being used as two handweapons

gnoblars have a thrown range of 8

Urgat
07-04-2009, 08:17
Hey everyone, just two quick questions on clarity:

1) The book describes Gnoblar Trappers as being able to stand and shoot if near a hunter, and also as "throwing sharp rocks at enemies" but can they actually shoot in the shooting phase? It says their weapons are "handweapon/, sharp stuff" but is sharp stuff for ranged? If so, at what distance, with what strength (none of this is specified, so maybe that can't normally shoot, but I thought I'd ask)

Go check the sharp stuff rules, it's on the gnobblar warrior description page iirc. Basically it's a multishot short range thrown weapon. Pretty fun, especially when it's a whole gnobblar warriors unit using it on a large target. There was a BR here where Malekith on his dragon got killed by that :p

Desalbert
07-04-2009, 16:48
Excellent stuff guys! I can't believe I missed that section!

Thanks for the clarification!