PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Kingdoms and Dogs of War

dijit80
07-04-2009, 08:53
The OK book says that Ogres can be used as Dogs of War in those army books that allow. In many of the newer army book there is no entry for dogs of war (e.g. HE, Empire, etc), are these armies then not allowed to take OK units?

stonetroll
07-04-2009, 09:07
Correctemundo

dijit80
07-04-2009, 09:29
aaaagh! I'd hoped to be able to add some Ogres and a Giant to an Empire army I'm thinking about.

Braad
07-04-2009, 11:00
Difficult question, as there is no way I'm aware of that you actually can.

BUT!

Intention by Games workshop is that you actually can. They wanted to untie the rules for using DOW from the other armybooks, so that they don't have to FAQ each book if they wish to change one thing about DOW units.
We had a quote from Gav Thorpe that you should use the DOW/Ogre rules on who can take them, and ignore any entries in the armybooks themselves and just go ahead fielding them.
Sadly, as with most interesting stuff, this quote is gone since they updated their website, and no-one seemed to have noticed it over there.

Same goes with the giant. First they make everyone buy giants, and gave us rules that we can use them in most armies. Then they update their website, and the rules are gone, and everyone has unused giants lying about...
I say: use them, until GW comes tell us that we can't use them anymore, cause just saying nothing about the whole matter is not the way it should work.

dijit80
07-04-2009, 19:09
The issue with the giant is downright irritating. Having I'm working towards this force being a GT force so any force needs to be water-tight.

Harwammer
07-04-2009, 19:39
In my opinion the giant can be taken by Empire; the white dwarf rules specifically say the giant can be taken by empire.

Braad
07-04-2009, 21:46
I think now is the time GW should clarify what's the current official position on all this stuff, and provide rules to go with that... But I don't think they are listening here.

Tokamak
13-08-2010, 15:58
Sorry for bumping this but is there still no way of knowing whether Ogres are still allowed in other armies? I'm on the verge of adding some if they can.

stashman
13-08-2010, 22:54
From latest FAQ for Ogres

Dogs of War
Ignore all references to Dogs of War.

Da Crusha
14-08-2010, 03:42
I guess it can be argued that the dogs of war pdf has its own rules allowing themselves to be used in other armies. you can always use dogs of war ogres

diggerydoom
14-08-2010, 13:04
I have allowed opponents to use DoW and OK units in other armies. However if I went to the GT or other 'serious' comp I would not be to happy as usually these comps have rules along the lines of 'only the following army books can be used' with an attached list.