PDA

View Full Version : Khornate Daemons of Chaos- 2000pts

Colonel Cleric
07-04-2009, 10:00
Ok, expanding on from my 1000pt list, i basically added another unit of Bletters and Flesh hounds with a bloodthirster and took out a herald.

Same ideas, one hard as nails unit with the Herald reducing enemies magic casting as well as being difficult to kill, 3 units of hounds able to flank with the Bthirster Flying around Flanking/tearing up units.

Let me know what you think and what sort of problems i am likely to come up against.

Lords 1/1

Bloodthirster, Immortal Fury, Armour oK, Collar oK

Heroes 3/3

Herald of Khorne, Obsidian Armour, Jugger, BsB,
Standard of Sundering

Herald of Khorne, Armour oK

Herald of Khorne, Armour oK

Core 3/3+

Bloodletters x14, Bloodreaper, Standard

Bloodletters x17, Bloodreaper, Standard

Bloodletters x17, Bloodreaper, Standard

Special 2/4

Flesh Hounds x5

Flesh Hounds x5

Total:=1996/2000pts

Thanks,

CC :chrome:

MajorCorruption
10-04-2009, 03:35
I have personally become a real big fan of blood crushers, I would drop some letters and throw in a unit of two crushers. Again just personal preference.

SiNNiX
10-04-2009, 07:23
I would get rid of your letters and trade them in for horrors; gives you some casting potential and some DD. Also, get rid of one unit of hounds and take seekers; add a unit of either flamers or bloodcrushers.

If you're just wanting to make a strictly Khorne-themed army no matter what then don't listen to my advice. I would still take Bloodcrushers, though.

Makina
10-04-2009, 08:30
I would get rid of your letters and trade them in for horrors; gives you some casting potential and some DD. Also, get rid of one unit of hounds and take seekers; add a unit of either flamers or bloodcrushers.

If you're just wanting to make a strictly Khorne-themed army no matter what then don't listen to my advice. I would still take Bloodcrushers, though.

Why god why

bob_the_small
10-04-2009, 12:04
SiNNiX, please read the title... KHORNATE daemons

Shamfrit
10-04-2009, 12:10
I know it's Khornate, but, Furies are a very crucial unit in any Daemon army, it's why they're Undivided as opposed to X god. If you can tweak the list to get even one smallish unit it, you'll see wonders occur with them I assure you.

Otherwise, lose a Herald, or go for offensive capability over the Armour of Khorne.

neXus6
10-04-2009, 12:26
Gotta agree with Shamfrit here, Daemons, particularly without the speed of slannesh, need Furies as decoys/warmachine hunters/shields.
Model some very Khornate Furies and everyones happy. :D

I would suggest dropping a herald or two to pay for the Furies and a few more models on the ground. With a bloodthirster you certainly don't need 4 heroes, 3 max is fine.

Makina
10-04-2009, 13:11
Gotta agree with Shamfrit here, Daemons, particularly without the speed of slannesh, need Furies as decoys/warmachine hunters/shields.
Model some very Khornate Furies and everyones happy. :D

I would suggest dropping a herald or two to pay for the Furies and a few more models on the ground. With a bloodthirster you certainly don't need 4 heroes, 3 max is fine.

Very valid point, and furies are good in any mono-god list imho.

MajorCorruption
10-04-2009, 17:45
I've just got my Khorne Daemons up and running, and I'm running pure Khorne, no furies. I read in the army book that Khorne only uses furies as a last resort. In the games I've played so far I never got to the point where I felt I needed to use last resort options. Your powerful enough that you don't need to pull out all the stops, even as pure Khorne. On the flip side of that coin, because your playing pure Khorne you shouldn't feel guilty about canning some letters for more powerful choices. Just my two cents.

LKHERO
10-04-2009, 18:03
Drop some Bloodletters and get yourself another unit of 5x Flesh Hounds.

Dark14
10-04-2009, 22:35
honostly keep it the same the banner and MR is enough defence for amgic. You may not own like cheesy daemons but no one should hate it. 10 hounds is an acceptable number for all khorne.